PDA

View Full Version : Limerick Junior Soccer 2004/05

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

clownboy
02/09/2004, 8:35 AM
The Fai Junior Cup ddraw was made Monday Night ...Fairview Play the Dines again in a repeat of last years first round except Fairview are at home this time round..I think i heard Boro V Mungret on the radio but im not too sure.Has anybody got the full draw...The Fai website is rubbish

youe1
02/09/2004, 10:01 AM
This is the Limerick version of FAI DRAW

Janesboro v Mungret, Parkville v Coonagh, Pike Rvs
v Shelbourne, Regional Utd v Lisnagry, Knockainey v
Kilfinane, Athlunkard v Shannon Tn, Fairview Rgs v Geraldine's, St Pauls v Bilboa, Charleville v Abbey Rvs, Kennedy Pk v Summerville

clownboy
02/09/2004, 10:07 AM
Thanks You1 ...the rest got byes did they??

Ask me tom
02/09/2004, 11:10 AM
any idea what weekend them games are fixed for or is it un decided yet

balls
02/09/2004, 11:58 AM
weekend of the 18-19th of september.

inexile
06/09/2004, 9:29 AM
fairview hammered mungret 9-1 yesterday in an awesome performance but can anyone tell me the other results and scorers

limman
06/09/2004, 9:32 AM
Abbey 2-1 Hill Celtic
Regional 5-3 sommerville
Carew Park 2-2 Boro (i think)

clownboy
06/09/2004, 9:40 AM
Abbey 2-1 Hill Celtic
Regional 5-3 sommerville
Carew Park 2-2 Boro (i think)

Carew and boro was 1-1..Frank Stewart got 3 for Regional...

inexile
06/09/2004, 9:41 AM
no ideas of scorers? were pike or balla not playing? its gonna take something very special to stop fairview this year!! did you see the players they had on the bench yesterday

clownboy
06/09/2004, 9:45 AM
scorers for Fairview ..wall kelliher barrett and lyne with 2 each and John Fitz with one...Did not hear any other scorers except Frank Stewart..Carew missed a penalty late in the game against the Boro I heard....

clownboy
06/09/2004, 9:47 AM
Pike and Balla was off cos Balla looked for it off a couple of weeks back (free weekend)

inexile
06/09/2004, 9:50 AM
i know david "farmer" moloney scored a fluke of an equaliser for boro yesterday, were park rangers playing?

clownboy
06/09/2004, 9:53 AM
No... Park were down to play Charleville away ...dont know why it was off

inexile
06/09/2004, 9:57 AM
i cant see anyone beating fairview domestically any way 14 goals in the last 2 games they seem to have a ruthlessness about them and a determination i know the talk coming from the camp is they want to win everything!! and i dont see if anything will stop them i know its early days but they have such an impressive squad

backodanet
06/09/2004, 10:01 AM
Watched the view yesterday they looked very sharp at this early stage which is scary for the rest mungret are young and dropped the heads which is understandable
another draw for boro ( 1 all) no wins yet for the great mr finnan
i think the bad beating balla got will do them the world of good get that unbeaten record out of there minds - first defeat since herbertstown in the MFA last year

inexile
06/09/2004, 10:06 AM
balla are there for the taking i have seem them twice this year and im really struggling to see how they managed to win the league against fairview they were only interested in kicking and the boro were very unlucky to get a draw against them and the boro only the last 20 mins with any bit of fight, balla are poor and all of a sudden they look dodgy in the centre of defence thomas daly isnt a cousin of a footballer he is more like a bear playing centre back and garrett ryan and his arse take 3 days to turn if someone runs in behind them

clownboy
06/09/2004, 10:07 AM
Very early days yet ...Pike and Park rangers are going nicely too and i agree with Bacodanet...thats probably the best thing that happened to Balla...they are a good side and will bounce back from that and they will be there or there baouts at the end of the season...hard one to call this year i reckon wit Pike , fairview Balla and Park competing for the League.I think that they will all take points off of each other so i think it might come down to who gets the most points against the other teams

backodanet
06/09/2004, 10:16 AM
inexile - i think it's a bit harsh on the balla centre halfs but i do think the need to be put under pressure for there maybe some of the b team could push them - the balla b team beat i brutal caherdavin A team yesterday on a pitch that's worse than bateman park and thats hard

inexile
06/09/2004, 10:22 AM
i really dunno about balla lads i think ray o halloran is messing around with the team too much there seems to be too much chopping and changing he has a different attack dunno whats the story with damian conway but i thought he was one of their better players last year and i dont think he has played yet, also no sign of the keeper either johnson, and frank lee is just like having an oak tree playing wide left

inexile
06/09/2004, 10:29 AM
as a former member of caherdavin celtic i would like to say that the organisation of that club is a joke how a club with a catchment area that size can be so poorly funded and have such rubbish facilities shows a real lack of foresight from the people running that club

clownboy
06/09/2004, 10:29 AM
I heard Johnson is going to Carew Park

backodanet
06/09/2004, 10:30 AM
think conway has gone awol bit of a lush anyway - heard johnson was going up to the view dunno about lee he always seems to be there and scores a few important goals too

backodanet
06/09/2004, 10:33 AM
inexile what is the story with the pitch by the country club - thought the put money into the pitch to try and level it - totally agree with you massive potential there

inexile
06/09/2004, 10:48 AM
whats the point of johnson going to carew park? in all fairness he would have to shift probably the best keeper in town,
the pitch along side the country club is gone dunno the whole story but as far as i know the farmer from whom they were renting the pitch revoked the lease after Caherdavin had forked out a fair bit of money on levelling the pitch etc but i hated the country club pitch the only decent pitch they ever had was in Blackwater

backodanet
06/09/2004, 10:53 AM
johnson is living up that side of town - dunno if he is even leaving him and conway could still appear for balla it's a long season yet

inexile
06/09/2004, 10:56 AM
whats happened has he fallen out with the balla crowd? he is a big loss to them even for his kicking along cos the other keeper fitzgerald cant kick the ball out of his way

limman
06/09/2004, 12:02 PM
I know it's early days yet but after the first few games who do think are favourites for the drop? Regional seemed to be the pre season favourites but they seem to be coping ok with life in the premier. As do Abbey. Maybe Mungret and charlaville?

clownboy
06/09/2004, 12:50 PM
Its a tough one to call but Summerville are struggling big time so i reckon they will go down with Hill Celtic...

limman
06/09/2004, 1:08 PM
Ya hill celtic are in serious trouble as are sommerville. I heard Regional were 4-0 up at half time and the 5-3 final scoreline flattered sommerville a bit.

inexile
06/09/2004, 1:16 PM
its the same story every year you could pick 3 or four candidates for the drop but its hard to look beyond mungret summerville charleville hill celtic abbey and you could include regional there 2 lets see what happens when they start getting injuries

limman
06/09/2004, 1:24 PM
Ya the next three or four games will tell alot. Well I'm picking Hill Celtic and Mungret as my two.

inexile
06/09/2004, 1:35 PM
Im picking summerville anyway and one from mungret and hill celtic next couple of weeks will tell a tale im sure there will be a bit of movement between clubs with players not getting on at the moment

clownboy
07/09/2004, 6:22 AM
summerville and Hill Celtic...

inexile
07/09/2004, 7:16 AM
id probably agree with you clownboy even though they were hammered 9-1 when it was 0-0 lou quigley did a bit of damage for mungret and if they get their noses in front in games against lesser teams they will pick up points

clownboy
07/09/2004, 7:21 AM
Ya Lou quigley is a good player even though personally i think he should be more positive he goes sideways and backwards a lot maybe he doesent trust the players in front of him ..Mungret have some very good young players..Bourke in the middle and Gary long at the back and in fairness to them they were missing 3 or 4 against the view...thats a lot for them

inexile
07/09/2004, 7:30 AM
were they missing 3 or 4? in fairness to lou in the first 20 mins on sun he was very positive he was very direct and ran straight at the defence and was unlucky on at least 2 occaisons after carving straight up the fairview middle

clownboy
07/09/2004, 7:36 AM
According to Lou himself they were missing "3 or 4"..ya he Lou did do that alright...i think that he is extremely fit and to be honest he should be doing that a lot more and maybe even play with a better team ...

inexile
07/09/2004, 7:50 AM
the only thing id say and i reckon you will agree is he is a cheat,, he doesnt work back half the time and when the ball breaks he looks great

clownboy
07/09/2004, 8:14 AM
Not too sure that he is a cheat now ...i think he is an honest player alright he just gets a lot of Breaks because he does not compete for the ball in the air cos he is small and he waits for it to drop...maybe thats why he might look like a cheat but in my opinion he is an honest player...I just would like to see him more positive...

inexile
07/09/2004, 8:19 AM
ah i dunno clownboy i was watching him on sunday and as soon as barrett and fitzgerald made a run from midfield he didnt really follow and he would just stay in the hole waitin for the ball to break

clownboy
07/09/2004, 8:28 AM
Maybe thats what he was told to do ...and leave young Bourke(he will turn out to be a fine player no doubt) do the tracking...Mungret were very attack minded from the start and thats what cost them the first couple of goals although the keeper was dodgy too to be honest...

inexile
07/09/2004, 8:44 AM
yeah the keeper was poor alright but in fairness to fairview the finishing was good i mean even though the keeper probably should have saved a few of them they were still hitting the target in fairness some of the football fairview played was breathtaking

backodanet
07/09/2004, 9:04 AM
there could be more teams in it than last few years - 02/03 corbally & shannon down there all season - 03/04 star & granville struggled all the way
i'd pick summerville and abbey
summerville have been struggling since last year abbey have to small a squad

backodanet
07/09/2004, 9:15 AM
saw the match the view played ok and looked sharp think the reason it looked loike the centre of mungrets midfield were not working was they closing down the fairview defence which their strikers weren't doing so that left fitz and barret to bomb on
fairview played ok - very bright and sharp
alot of the goals in the 1st half anyway came from the view captilising on errors and be lethal on front of goal - heard barrett got a flukey bicycle kick too

inexile
07/09/2004, 9:17 AM
star and granville struggled all the way along with mungret charleville and summerville it was very tight for awhile towards the end of last season and i d say it will be the same this year

inexile
07/09/2004, 9:22 AM
the only thing that was flukey about it was that his first touch was bad so the ball shot up into the air for him but the bicycle kick was perfectly executed, fairview were lethal in front of goal and seem to be intent on laying down a marker to everyone else

limman
09/09/2004, 1:43 PM
Do you think games will be cancelled at the weekend due to the tragic death of Paddy O'Halloran?

SouthCroydon
13/09/2004, 12:27 PM
what sort of crowds attend these games.have the league got a website or any of the teams

inexile
13/09/2004, 2:14 PM
i dont think the league has a website but i dont know for sure i know fairview have a website its www.fairviewrangers.ie thats about it i think crowds arent too bad either the bigger games can attract 200+ crowds i know when janesboro played st michaels from tipp in the munster junior cup last year there was over 350 there but league games would probably average about 75 depending on the weather and who is playing

joeSoap
14/09/2004, 12:53 PM
Heard that Pike Rovers got a hell of a scare against Shelbourne on Sunday morning. Shels held them for 75 mins before the floodgates opened