PDA

View Full Version : Limerick Junior Soccer 2004/05

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

whitestripe
10/02/2005, 9:14 AM
I think you are speaking out your arse poacher, Janesboro has been one of the top clubs in Limerick for as long as I can remember, they have underachieved but none the less if you were to name the top 4 sides in Limerick that would certaily include Janesboro. This year they have fallen out of that top 4 and if you are looking at a reason its simple. They have brough in Managers that have been nothing more than puppets on a string, its been the players that have kept that club going and a few players at that. Jaws Ryan left the club in tatters last year and they brough in Finnan to make the changes. Finnan is a nice guy but not the answer to the problem, good players have left the club and will continue to do so until they get in a manager that will actually manage and leave the players get on with what they should be doing and thats playing.

backodanet
10/02/2005, 9:43 AM
I think for club set-up (facilities)
the top teams (premier only) would be fairview, boro, pike, charleville, park, regional, abbey, mungret, carew, hill celtic(if they are thrown out of rathbane), balla, summerville
but for football teams junior and underage
i think it would be fairview, balla, pike, carew, park, boro,regional, charleville, mungret, hill celtic, summerville, abbey

any views?

whitestripe
10/02/2005, 9:51 AM
Of course you are entitled to your opinion but I think this would change if your opinion was based on fact. That club has brought in manager after manager with no successs, what they have failed to see is they have brought in old school managers that have passed their sell by date. They have brought nothing to the table in the way of progress or organisation and all this has been left to a few players. Put in a decent manager that will be strong enought to implement change and you would see a different club. I agree that the club needs players, but is that not the job of the manager?

Goals4fun
10/02/2005, 10:16 AM
Of course you are entitled to your opinion but I think this would change if your opinion was based on fact. That club has brought in manager after manager with no successs, what they have failed to see is they have brought in old school managers that have passed their sell by date. They have brought nothing to the table in the way of progress or organisation and all this has been left to a few players. Put in a decent manager that will be strong enought to implement change and you would see a different club. I agree that the club needs players, but is that not the job of the manager?

They do not have the pulling power of the other clubs in town, so how can they get the best players. On saying that they have a good representation on the Oscar traynor team and have for a few years.

whitestripe
10/02/2005, 10:44 AM
They lack the pulling power of Pike and Fairview thats for sure but that is as result of underachieving for the reasons mentioned. Players in town talk and they are no stupid, they see see how things are being run. Change that and the club has alot to offer. They are putting in a full size astro pitch, it will be one of two in the country that falls under some FAI regulation that will allow competative matches to be played on it. Something to do with the surface?

But there is no point having two bars a function room, top of the range dressing rooms an astro pitch unless you have a competative football team, afterall it is a football club?

Anyway sick of talking about the Boro - we can talk about them again if things change.

lim abroad
11/02/2005, 3:21 AM
heard that philip judge and paul harmon are coming back from america in time for next season which should interest a few clubs

clownboy
11/02/2005, 8:11 AM
heard that philip judge and paul harmon are coming back from america in time for next season which should interest a few clubs
Surely Harman will go back to the view or maybe to Limerick...Dont know much about Philip Judge ..Heard he was handy maybe he will go up to the View with Harman

clownboy
11/02/2005, 8:20 AM
could any of the fairview fans out there tell me why for the first year of many they failed to enter a youth side in the league this year im sure true view might be able to tell me why thats if u are a true fairview (hun)fan or are u one that comes out for the fai games and needs amap to get to ibrox ever time u need to get there .are fairview a club in decline after the sacking of dermot finnan last year due to 4 blown ins over nite 1 who has departed for greener fields allready any answer for me guys

I heard that they couldent get a manager... happening a lot in youth and schoolboy football..They advertised the position in local newspapers as far as i recall and just put in a 17's team instead...U seem to be very worried about them Poacher are you a closet "Hun" Fan . I dont think that Fairview have really declined since Dermot Finnan left ..They still won the Fai last year and got beaten by a fine side this year..They have lost players again this year like they do every year ..They have lost far better players in the past and bounced back the next season..Ross cosgrave Pat Purcell colm heffernan etc etc..im sure they will get there act together again...But i think the real reason is that the likes of Pike and Balla have raised there standards to catch up with fairview and i think that its grat for Limerick Football

whitestripe
11/02/2005, 8:33 AM
Don't think Fairview were weakened by Dermot Finnan's departure and I would not call Jason Purcell a blow in either. They went on and won the FAI the next year under Derek White, who by all accounts is a good Manager/coach?

Goals4fun
11/02/2005, 10:26 AM
Anybody kows that fairview have lost big name plaers to better things (EL football) but have always managed to attract some of the better players in town to the fairgreen to try their luck.
To sume it up the fairgreen is a bit like a magic roundabout as it has players coming and going on a regular basis.

widow
11/02/2005, 3:29 PM
what the story with the league standing at the moment, view and balla the weekend, heard pike are something like 10 points clear, is this a race for second or what

cleansheetagain
11/02/2005, 11:26 PM
think pike have couple of games played more but its pionts on board that count not games in hand will be very close this year looks like other teams will be there for the end too not the same old teams every year

True View
13/02/2005, 9:47 PM
janesboro have had 6 managers in 7 years true view the boro under achieve because the players they have and are not good enough and they are not organised at all thet are carring 2 many players i think janesboro have a group of players that are just un managable u blame dermot finnan for not being able to bring um forward what about the other 5 managers take dave connell out of the list he inproved um.....before him wake up smell the coffee they aint going anywhere soon with the set of players they have i seen minors side more organised then janesboro A team................
A junior side full of average players who are well organised & fit will beat most clubs in Limerick.
Park Rgs this year are a team full of average players yet Albert Finnan, a good manager in my opinion has them fit & organised & the results are there for all to see.
Park are now in the last 8 in the FAI with a very average side, no one of any note in their side.
The Boro man for man are a fare better side than Park but are below them in the league. A manger is what makes a club.
Have to agree with the others on this site that think you are spaeking from your rear end poacher but of course you are entitled to your opinion.
The View, Balla, Pike & Park this year have good managers the Boro like most years have not.

True View
13/02/2005, 9:53 PM
I think for club set-up (facilities)
the top teams (premier only) would be fairview, boro, pike, charleville, park, regional, abbey, mungret, carew, hill celtic(if they are thrown out of rathbane), balla, summerville
but for football teams junior and underage
i think it would be fairview, balla, pike, carew, park, boro,regional, charleville, mungret, hill celtic, summerville, abbey

any views?
My view is your comments are rubbish.
Facilities = dressing rooms showers etc, correct me if I am wrong !!!
Have Carew, Park Rgs, Summerville got these ..............NO.
Football = schoolboy teams etc,
Have Carw, Hill Celtic, Boro, Charleville, Abbey got these .............No

True View
13/02/2005, 9:58 PM
Pike out of the FAI this year !!!

I was shocked to hear the result.Same old story it looks like for Pike, pity though I thought it was their year so much for the theory that "your name is on the cup"
Carew & Park through but I don't think they have what it takes to lift the trophy.
Would love to see Carew do it just to keep the cup in Limerick, Park are a Clare team hahaha!!! Only kidding poacher, but they lack a bit & have yet to be tested.
Park as I said above have only an average team which will only bring you so far in the FAI.
Will be interesting to see who Pikes form continues in the league after this set back, could the wheels have come off ???

striker
13/02/2005, 10:51 PM
Pike out of the FAI this year !!!

I was shocked to hear the result.Same old story it looks like for Pike, pity though I thought it was their year so much for the theory that "your name is on the cup"
Carew & Park through but I don't think they have what it takes to lift the trophy.
Would love to see Carew do it just to keep the cup in Limerick, Park are a Clare team hahaha!!! Only kidding poacher, but they lack a bit & have yet to be tested.
Park as I said above have only an average team which will only bring you so far in the FAI.
Will be interesting to see who Pikes form continues in the league after this set back, could the wheels have come off ???
would u not love to see park winning,o sorry their a clare team, must not lack much if their in the last 8,by all accounts every one thought it was parks last shot at the fai

cleansheetagain
14/02/2005, 12:29 AM
[QUOTE=TRUE VIEW]A junior side full of average players who are well organised & fit will beat most clubs in Limerick.
Park Rgs this year are a team full of average players yet Albert Finnan, a good manager in my opinion has them fit & organised & the results are there for all to see.
Park are now in the last 8 in the FAI with a very average side, no one of any note in their side.
The Boro man for man are a fare better side than Park but are below them in the league. A manger is what makes a club.
Have to agree with the others on this site that think you are spaeking from your rear end poacher but of course you are entitled to your opinion.
The View, Balla, Pike & Park this year have good managers the Boro like most years have not.[/QUOT
albert finnin is over park with a very good local man, think his name is noal o brien he's a local lad knows a lot of lads in shannon,think thats why things are happening out there,but that remaines to seen. but sure, we will always talk about the boro,

Goals4fun
14/02/2005, 8:15 AM
was anybody at the pike rovers game how did they loose did they deserve to to get knocked carew park take another step closer

was talking to somebody who was at the game ! they said pike took 20 passes to get past the halfway line (too much football and going sideways) and when westport got the ball they went straight at them and they had two speedy players up front that caused problems.
In the end they were well beaten.
I feel that Pike thought this was their year and got carried away with it all.

widow
14/02/2005, 10:12 AM
was at the pike game yesterday, too many of the players had bad games, never got going at all, I'd say pike are bitterly disappointed the cup was there for them to win, they seemed to underestimate westport and paid the price, westport aren't a bad side at all, could win it out are better than the other limerick teams left in it

Goals4fun
14/02/2005, 10:25 AM
was at the pike game yesterday, too many of the players had bad games, never got going at all, I'd say pike are bitterly disappointed the cup was there for them to win, they seemed to underestimate westport and paid the price, westport aren't a bad side at all, could win it out are better than the other limerick teams left in it

why do you believe they are better than any of the limerick teams left in it ?

widow
14/02/2005, 10:28 AM
I've have seen the other teams...... westport are a better football side, any of the limerick teams get them away in the next round, have an uphill task, they've a great following too

whitestripe
14/02/2005, 1:43 PM
How did Kevin Fitzpatrick play yesterday?

flipper
14/02/2005, 3:58 PM
i remember a quote from the the pike supporters in the pike field after they beat fairview,"the cream always comes to the top"well they are eating those words now.u would swear they had won the bloody trophy after they beat fairview the way the invaded the pitch that day.

awful pity now as fairview will still prob end up with more than them again,pike rovers will fall away now this season.

Supersub
14/02/2005, 4:24 PM
I have to agree with Flipper , Pike supporters who have flooded the thread after previous matches(which they won) have been conspicuous by their absence today ..

I am not gloating but you have to take your beating no matter how disappointing it is. I for one would like to hear their opinions and what the match(& opposition was like).

Was out at the Park match myself as I thought it would be the closest match. Thought Pike & Carew were home bankers!!!

Wind ruined the match but Park got the goal , defended well and could have won by two or three with chances at the end on the break... 3 out of 8 in last eight is good for Lim League(what odds would you have got that none of the 3 would be Pike or Fairview???)

poocher
15/02/2005, 11:41 AM
Anyone see the Carew v Trim game? What did you think?

widow
15/02/2005, 12:13 PM
fair play to westport on sunday they played well and deserved their win, as for the rest of the limerick teams good luck to them, it would be great to see the fai back in limerick, quarter final draw will be very interesting, as for pikes wheels coming off for the rest of the season, I'd seriously doubt it, sunday was a major disappointment, especially the performance, back to the league now, 11 points clear, season is far from over, concentrate on that now

striker
15/02/2005, 12:33 PM
anyone an up to date prem table

striker
15/02/2005, 1:16 PM
How did Kevin Fitzpatrick play yesterday?
i hear kevin has been appointed goalkeeping coach at cork city will he finish the season with pike

widow
15/02/2005, 1:45 PM
pike are 8 points ahead of the view, view have a game in hand, balla are 15 behind with 4 games in hand, think thats the way it stands at the moment

CousinSylDolan
15/02/2005, 2:14 PM
Does anyone have info on an up to date lg table???????? Its a bit of a joke at this stage as no-one seems to have it. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Goals4fun
15/02/2005, 2:38 PM
Does anyone have info on an up to date lg table???????? Its a bit of a joke at this stage as no-one seems to have it. :mad: :mad: :mad:

go and buy the chronicle tonight, saw it there , i know the View are 8 behind pike with a game in hand.

CousinSylDolan
15/02/2005, 2:58 PM
go and buy the chronicle tonight, saw it there , i know the View are 8 behind pike with a game in hand.

Not sure if I can afford it to be honest!!!!!!!! :p :p :p

balls
15/02/2005, 6:27 PM
could someone post league tables up tonight if they get em. maybe on seperate thread entitled league tables or something.

Supersub
15/02/2005, 10:49 PM
na im no hun clown boy il be in shannon sunday morning watching park in the f a i cup im in involved with a club on the north side of the city we aint in the premuire league either ........

Poacher .. Did you go to the match in Shannon on Sunday?? If so would like to hear what you though of them??

All the talk from the Lim League locals seems to be about Carews chances but no one is talking about Parks or indeed Ballas!!

Having seen them on Sunday what did you make of our Clare League bussies out there in Shannon??

Any Balla supporters out there who want to talk up their teams chances!!

Went on to the galway league site that the link was given for and Galway Hibs are not doing as well as you would have thought for a team that the bookies are quoting as fourth favs !!!!

Looking forward to the draw on Saturday! Any followers of the teams left got any preferences of who they would like to meet????

backodanet
16/02/2005, 7:35 AM
Any Balla supporters out there who want to talk up their teams chances!!

After seeing balla on sunday there will be nobody talking up their chances!
alot of hard work needed in order to make it through in the FAI and to regain the league

whitestripe
17/02/2005, 10:07 AM
i hear kevin has been appointed goalkeeping coach at cork city will he finish the season with pike

I think he will finish the season with Pike as well as take up his position in Cork. Fair play and congrats to the guy. He has all the badges required and I think he is one of the best coaches around. Although Jaws Ryan did say that his training was not good enough and it would not get a fat person fit. What that was supposed to mean was anyones guess. show me your badges Mr Ryan, come to think of it "show me the body"

Longshanks - best of luck in Cork

Supersub
17/02/2005, 11:13 AM
Speaking of mr Ryan and his knowledge of football ... What type of squad has he put together for this week!!

No Balla players , and as for JJ Hartigan as cover for GS I can think of many keepers who are lot better than him? Any time I have seen him he has been poor ..

What about the Views 2 keepers , Parks keeper(who was on the Clare Oscar they Year they won it , although he didnt play in the final , if memory serves?)

See he has called up Shane O'Connor to replace Robbie K from Fview!Is he the answer??

Surely there are a lot of players out there good enough to play who want to be on the squad??

Anyone got any comments on the squad???

whitestripe
17/02/2005, 11:25 AM
He has asked Kevin Fitz to join the squad for the weekend, the man has some cheak after what he did to Kevin Fitz last year. I cannot see KF playing under that muppet but you never know.

Players should be rewarded for getting on the squad instead they get some cheap manky polo shirt (that they have to warm up in) and a few stale sandwiches in some seedy back room of a hotel or bar. If they are lucky.

Spend some of those Duckets yee tight ...................

Goals4fun
17/02/2005, 11:26 AM
Speaking of mr Ryan and his knowledge of football ... What type of squad has he put together for this week!!

No Balla players , and as for JJ Hartigan as cover for GS I can think of many keepers who are lot better than him? Any time I have seen him he has been poor ..

What about the Views 2 keepers , Parks keeper(who was on the Clare Oscar they Year they won it , although he didnt play in the final , if memory serves?)

See he has called up Shane O'Connor to replace Robbie K from Fview!Is he the answer??

Surely there are a lot of players out there good enough to play who want to be on the squad??

Anyone got any comments on the squad???

I believe Shane O'conor will not be in dublin as he is injured and missed Parks game last week.
There does seem to be a few new editions from the last squad.

Supersub
17/02/2005, 11:43 AM
What about the omission of the Balla players??? Favs for the FAI yet no one deemed good enough for the squad !!

Seems like a strange call ...

cleansheetagain
17/02/2005, 12:13 PM
What about the omission of the Balla players??? Favs for the FAI yet no one deemed good enough for the squad !!

Seems like a strange call ...

i imagine balla are happy that their not on it a silly injury and their gone for 1/4s im sure ray will prefer them with him than in dublin,

Supersub
17/02/2005, 12:17 PM
Your right CSA , if I was a manager I would much prefer my lads not to be involved but on the flip side if I was manager of the OT then I would be picking the best players that were available to me ...

I am guessing that you are a Balla man as you refer to your manager as "Ray" ?

What is the talk like in Balla , are ye confident of going all the way this year??

backodanet
17/02/2005, 1:06 PM
balla have requested a free weekend that is why they are probably not in the squad saying that it was only dunphy in the panel and judging by the last few weeks nobody playing exceptional

Goals4fun
17/02/2005, 3:12 PM
balla have requested a free weekend that is why they are probably not in the squad saying that it was only dunphy in the panel and judging by the last few weeks nobody playing exceptional

or is this 'Ray' talking down his players to make sure they do not get a call up into the OT.
Strange some of the players in the squad. I am sure the few Carew and Park players wil be concentrating on their 1/4 games and not the OT even if they are on the bus to Dublin on sunday !
Wonder if there would be any of them puling out at the last minute with injuries ! :confused:

backodanet
17/02/2005, 3:21 PM
or is this 'Ray' talking down his players to make sure they do not get a call up into the OT.

no i've seen them they played well against castlebar in the FAI but that's it

widow
17/02/2005, 8:15 PM
the oscar traynor setup is a joke, they should pull out of it all together I'm sure the players involved would much prefer a free weekend, it should be an honour to represent your city and league, but its not seen like that at all

cleansheetagain
17/02/2005, 8:22 PM
[QUOTE=Supersub]Your right CSA , if I was a manager I would much prefer my lads not to be involved but on the flip side if I was manager of the OT then I would be picking the best players that were available to me ...

I am guessing that you are a Balla man as you refer to your manager as "Ray" ?

What is the talk like in Balla , are ye confident of going all the way this year??[/QUOTE

no not balla man just know "Ray" and a good manager and as you stated any manager would have the clubs best interests first,not an ot game that i think no one only the LDMC have much time for, i mean its a bad state of affairs when a player gets in trouble for refusing to play.

True View
20/02/2005, 8:18 PM
Carew Pk & Balla drawn in the FAI.

A terrible pity that one isn't going to be the final.
Hard one to call anyone like to have a go a calling it ???

True View
20/02/2005, 8:19 PM
I see Park got another hany one poacher !!!

Still think they won't make the final

True View
20/02/2005, 8:22 PM

Dave Dunphy is a class act & in my opinion has proved with spells at Kilkenny & Limerick that he is easily good enough for the eircom league.

Very surprised Noel O'Connor hasn't appraoched him cause he's attitude etc is first class