PDA

View Full Version : Limerick Junior Soccer 2004/05

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

clownboy
19/01/2005, 7:06 AM
Ya Looks like the view missing him badly...Gone for the season is he

clownboy
19/01/2005, 7:14 AM
No not last weekend unfortunately

clownboy
19/01/2005, 8:38 AM
Balla but I watch à lot of the premier games locally

Supersub
20/01/2005, 8:59 AM
I hear Hill Celtic plan to withdraw from league

Any further news on Hill Celtic saga?? I see they are down to play Charleville this week ...

Also some good matches taking place . Pike are away to Carew Park in the game of the day ... Anyone fancy Carew to take something out of that game??

CousinSylDolan
20/01/2005, 11:20 AM
Any further news on Hill Celtic saga?? I see they are down to play Charleville this week ...

Also some good matches taking place . Pike are away to Carew Park in the game of the day ... Anyone fancy Carew to take something out of that game??

Who are Park and Fairview down to play this weekend????????
Each other possibly I suppose as they have not met this year yet.
If they are due to meet where is it on?????

If Pike win in Carew then they are surely odds on to win it.

clownboy
20/01/2005, 11:22 AM
Regional V Park and Mungret V Fairview

Supersub
20/01/2005, 11:35 AM
The Regional and Park match has been switched to Shannon as they have already met each other in Regional ....

I do not believe that Park & the View have met yet in the league. Any news on whether the View lads on the way to Limerick will be playing this weekend??

If they are to(did) sign , have they played their last game in Junior soccer this season??? :confused:

clownboy
20/01/2005, 11:43 AM
Both have signed with Limerick along with yougn davey ryan from Balla...so they cannot play Junior now this season

Supersub
20/01/2005, 11:47 AM
I have heard that Derek White has quit as Fairview boss to join up with Limerick as well !

Is there any truth in this? If there was I would have expected to have read the breaking news on this site first!!

As it has not been here I am finding it difficult to give this "news" any credence!!!

clownboy
20/01/2005, 11:59 AM
First i have heard of that ...But i did hear that two ex limerick players are signing with Fairview ...Alan Barry...gret signing for View and John Whyte..another who will add quality so they have found two more than able replacements for Barrett and Kelliher.

barryk
20/01/2005, 12:45 PM
First i have heard of that ...But i did hear that two ex limerick players are signing with Fairview ...Alan Barry...gret signing for View and John Whyte..another who will add quality so they have found two more than able replacements for Barrett and Kelliher.

I thought they cannot play this season???

clownboy
21/01/2005, 8:17 AM
I thought they cannot play this season???

I think Fairview are just going to play them and fight any ban after that

inexile
21/01/2005, 10:58 AM
i would be shocked if he did, although he is a very good coach id be surprised if he left fairview as he still would deem fairview to be a job half done

whitestripe
21/01/2005, 3:22 PM
so will dermot finnan return to the club where players forced him out or will he stay with janesboro and do what dave connell .dermot clancy .pat irwin .mike ryan have failed to do and win a major trophy for janesboro???????????????????? u alive blackstripe where u gone i miss ur comments

Janesboro won the league under Connell. John White, Alan Barry and from what I have heard Mike Curley will strengthen the View after loosing some very good players. Why is John White and Alan Barry going back playing junior football?

inexile
21/01/2005, 3:30 PM
i suppose john whyte is at the top of the hill on the way down and he doesnt feel he can cut it at that level,whereas we know alan barry cant

lim abroad
22/01/2005, 3:15 AM
anybody out there fancy pike for the fai?? i'vebeen impressed with them on occasions this season and considering that many of the big guns are out i seriously fancy them along with balla if both can keep their discipline.looks like fairview are in trouble at the moment,anyone any info?

CousinSylDolan
24/01/2005, 12:48 PM
Yeah Mike O'Malley from Newmarket has transferred to Fairview.

He is a decent player and was the main man in Clare's Oscar Traynor win last year along with Martin O'Neill (now with Pike). Surprised he moved from Newmarket though as he has always been loyal to them....apart from when he played for Park Rangers for 6 months I suppose.
He works with Davy Wall in Shannon so I presume thats the contact that got him in there.
Central midfield is about his only position though and I doubt he will get in ahead og Purcell and Gaga...

clownboy
24/01/2005, 12:56 PM
He might as Purcell is playing Full back now ...He will be brought in to replace Barrett who was playing centre field although John whyte is signing also along with Alan Barry.

whitestripe
24/01/2005, 2:04 PM
they did and they won a lawson cup but i woun nt say thats a major trophy whitestripe even do it would be a stepen stone in my books to greater things

I agree with you 100%. There are only 3 trophies worth winning FAI - MJC and the League.

LFC in Exile
25/01/2005, 5:10 PM
The eagerly anticipated Statoil FAI Junior Cup 7th Round matches were drawn at 8.00pm this evening, Friday, 21st January 2005, in the Aishling Hotel by Pat Whitty Chairman of the F.A.I. Junior Council and Pat Quigley former President of the F.A.I.

Pike Rovers (LMK) or Ballymun United (AUL) or Bath Rgs (L.S.L.) v Westport (Mayo)

Tramore FC (WD) v Killester United (A.U.L)

Waterford Crystal (WD) v Salthill Devon (GY)

V.E.C. (UCL) or Peakville FC (TS) v Bellurgan (A.U.L.)

Rosegreen Rangers (TS) v Galway Hibs (GAL)

Carew Park (LK) v Trim Celtic (MH)

Park Rangers (LK) v Evergreen FC (KK)

Ballynanty Rovers (LK) v West Utd (GAL)

whitestripe
27/01/2005, 9:55 AM
You are not far wrong there poacher, the LDMC have strangled Limerick football, narrow minded petty men in their cheap blazers. Football in this city could be very very good but it lacks any forward thinking. You will never get that with the "living dead" but there is an up side, we will outlive them. They should be given a few happy pills and put out to pasture, as for that Oscar Traynor Manager, he will have to meet his maker some day, while he's there he can always ask him why he made him such a short c--t and why his head is so disproportionate to his body. Saying that he would probably bull**** his way in the gate as his done with every club he's been.

Its good to see so many limerick teams in with a chance and to be honest if I was to back one I would go for Pike this year. Balla can beat anyone on their day but lack discipline, Park are going well and will prove difficult to beat, Carew have the talent but lack the organisation. Saying that anything can happen in cup football, as long as it stays in Limerick I don't mind who wins it. If you win it you deserve it.

barryk
28/01/2005, 8:02 AM
Can anyone tell me if Kevin McCarthy of Fairview ever played League of Ireland

CousinSylDolan
31/01/2005, 7:32 AM
A lot of lg games were played yesterday.

I know Park Rangers drew 1-1 with Charleville.... Charleville led 1-0 in the 1st half but Park equlaised thru Declan Adams. He was then taken down for a penalty but Shane O'Connor missed. Park were supposedly on top for the 2nd half but could not break thru....
I hear there were wins for Pike, Balla, Boro and Carew too. Anyone more details on these and a look at the table please????????

whitestripe
31/01/2005, 10:41 AM
thats true white stripe janesboro could of done damage if they stayed init this year pike could win it but i woundnt bet money on um like janesboro they always promise a lot but never deliver in the fai cup.....it could be the year of the under dog janesboro mignted be to happy if former janesboro star martin redden lead craew pk to the promised land have limerick signed many players out side the two fairviews guys ?will derek white join up with limerick ?will janesboro win the munster junior ?

Don't remember saying that the Boro would do damage if they stayed in the competition? Anyway they were knocked out by Park and therefore Park deserve to be where they are in the competition. All Limerick teams deserve to be where they are. I think the draw has been kind to Park so far but they are there on merit and best of luck to them.

I would like to see any of the Limerick Teams win the competition. As for Janesboro winning the MJC I am not sure? Players have left the squad since Janesboro went out of the FAI which has left the side weakened. I think it will be a slow building process with the Boro.

LFC in Exile
31/01/2005, 2:41 PM
Heard that Granville's objection was refused. That's three objections against Waterford C turned down now.

whitestripe
31/01/2005, 2:43 PM
What happened that there were so many objections?

whitestripe
01/02/2005, 8:33 AM
Brian Lawlor by all accounts just does not want to play football this year. Dave Maloney stopped playing and has packed on the pounds.
Mike Aherne left to join Limerick FC before the **** hit the fan last year.
Kevin Fitz was kicked out of the club for no reason given - and could now win an FAI with Pike.
Paul O'Donnel left because he would not play under Finnan.

Thats why Janesboro are where they are in the league

LFC in Exile
01/02/2005, 12:22 PM
What happened that there were so many objections?

The signed a player from Kilkenny City - he only played U-21 with them. Beaten clubs objected saying that he was not registered in time. There were rumours that each objection up to the Granville one failed on technicalities e.g. a cheque instead of a draft accompanying the objection etc.

Its all put to bed anyway at this stage.

balls
02/02/2005, 6:03 PM
fairview and saints sunday week in tipp in munster junior. winners of this will surely go on and lift the cup.

wilhelm2
03/02/2005, 11:14 AM
fairview and saints sunday week in tipp in munster junior. winners of this will surely go on and lift the cup.

Clonmel town will have alot to say about that. will win tipp sth league this year ahead of st michaels

clownboy
03/02/2005, 11:16 AM
Clonmel town will have alot to say about that. will win tipp sth league this year ahead of st michaels

I agree ...There are still a lot off strong teams in the MJC...Carrick the holders are still there are they??they surely have a chance if they are

CousinSylDolan
03/02/2005, 1:03 PM
Does anyone have the full draw for the MJC. It must be at the last 16 stage now. Teams left are....

Castleview (Cork)
Nenagh
Michaels
Clonmel
Carrick
Fairview

can anyone add any more?????????

whitestripe
03/02/2005, 1:22 PM
young moloney and lawlor are the only loss outa of those players u named anyway janesboro had 2 of the best young keepers in town at one stage david macnamra and darren glassen on there books id be more worried why the two of those passed through yer RANKS then i would about kevin fitz or paul odonnell yee left young lads pass through yer ranks for to long thats why yee ere where yee are in the league yee had better rite fulls then mike ahern any way im sick of talking about janesboro

Ian Bennis and Kevin Fitz were around at that time and I don't think they would loose their places to the above mentioned. Kev Fitz is a fine keeper and has a lot more to offer a club besides keeping goal - I don't know of any better players than Mike Aherne that played right back for the Boro over the last few seasons if you do I would love to know who?

It would be nice to see the MJC and the FAI won by clubs in Limerick,

backodanet
04/02/2005, 7:19 AM
The draws for the Munster Junior Cup q/finals has been made

Team A: Clodagh Rangers or Hill Celtic or Tralee Dynamos V Ballingarry or Ferrybank or Rineanna Rvs or Castleview

Team B: Hibernians or Newcastle West or Crosshaven or Fermoy or Janesboro V Carrick United or Kinsale

Team C: Nenagh Celtic or Village United or Clonmel Town V Leeds or Regional Utd or Rockmount or Greenmount Rangers

Team D: St Michael's or Fairview Rangers V Leeside or Maymount Celtic.

Semi Final Draw will be
Team A V Team D

Team B V Team C

CousinSylDolan
04/02/2005, 7:24 AM

Team A: Clodagh Rangers or Hill Celtic or Tralee Dynamos V Ballingarry or Ferrybank or Rineanna Rvs or Castleview

Team B: Hibernians or Newcastle West or Crosshaven or Fermoy or Janesboro V Carrick United or Kinsale

Team C: Nenagh Celtic or Village United or Clonmel Town V Leeds or Regional Utd or Rockmount or Greenmount Rangers

Semi Final Draw will be
Team A V Team D

Team B V Team C

Cheers,

I know Castleview beat Rineanna 5-3 on pens after a 1-1 draw last Sunday....

whitestripe
04/02/2005, 10:48 AM
Fairview and St Michaels looks like an interesting one!

balls
04/02/2005, 7:25 PM
i think saint michaels will beat fairview after what happened against balla they really are gearing for this one. i cant see anyone else winning it other than saints carrick clonmel town or fairview. Id say clonmel will win tipp south league alright they havent been beaten domestically for 2 years sure. its disapointing that the title race is just between saints and clonmel again with the other 7 clubs battling it out in a relegation battle.

wilhelm2
05/02/2005, 8:26 PM
i think saint michaels will beat fairview after what happened against balla they really are gearing for this one. i cant see anyone else winning it other than saints carrick clonmel town or fairview. Id say clonmel will win tipp south league alright they havent been beaten domestically for 2 years sure. its disapointing that the title race is just between saints and clonmel again with the other 7 clubs battling it out in a relegation battle.

i hope fairview hammer michaels in the mjc as michaels are the rottenest club in junior football they are stink

wilhelm2
06/02/2005, 10:41 AM

PEAKE VILLA CAN STILL WIN LEAGUE IN TIPP THOUGH I DOUBT IT? Tthey seem to a team very much cup orientated, killusty seenm to be safe, but the fact that the other six are in a relegation battle will guarentee a few twists in the league yet, rock rvs beating rosegreen last week for example.

irisheagle
06/02/2005, 11:27 PM

Semi Final Draw will be
Team A V Team D

Team B V Team C

First quarter final will be Tralee Dynamos V Ferrybank
then Janesboro V Carrick
Clonmel Town v Greenmount Rangers
Fairview Rangers V Maymount Celtic.

in the semi's Fairview Rangers will account for Tralee Dynamos
and Carrick will account for Clonmel Town.

what do you lot think ?? ... some cracking games in the offering whatever happens. This competation has stronger teams left then in the FAI Jnr. Cup!!.

backodanet
07/02/2005, 7:36 AM
regional beat leeds 4 nil
boro beaten 1 nil by crosshaven

irisheagle
07/02/2005, 9:00 PM
regional beat leeds 4 nil
boro beaten 1 nil by crosshaven

Crosshaven beat Janesboro 1-0 thats a bit of a shock or is it ??.

So its Newcastle West v Crosshaven in Quarter Final, interesting.
Carrick will be happy to see Janesboro out of the competation should think

Goals4fun
08/02/2005, 2:46 PM
Anybody know the dates for the next round of the Oscar traynor ?
Limerick are away in Dublin I believe. Have they a chance of progressing ?
Why do some of the best players in town not get a look in or do not want to play ?
What would your squad be if you had a chance of picking it ?

whitestripe
08/02/2005, 3:33 PM
Poacher, everything went wrong to answer your question. The boro totally dominated the first half of the game and spent 80% of that inside the Crosshaven box but failed to convert some good chances. Crosshaven had two attacks in the first half. The second half was a different story. The boro dominated for the first 15 minutes but crosshaven scored a well worked freekick, the Boro had no response to this. It was expected that the officials would be one sided but they were a disgrace, none the less the boro did not have the quality to get past that. Jason O Connor was sent off for two yellow cards. The second was a dive by the centre half claiming he was punched, this was verified by the linesman but the truth was he was not touched at all. That was with 15 minutes to go. Finnan brought on Dave Maloney who left the club weeks ago and just turned up on the day and some John Doe that nobody had seen all season. Anthony Tobin and Connor Lynch were left on the bench. Connor Lynch scores over 25 goals a season and he was not introduced? Dalton was sent off with 1 minute to go for 2 yellow cards.
Crosshaven were very average and any decent Limerick premier side would have nothing to fear from them.
Draw your own conclusions from that but one thing is for sure the boro will struggle and will be fighting relegation next year if things are not changed in that club.

whitestripe
08/02/2005, 3:46 PM
Anybody know the dates for the next round of the Oscar traynor ?
Limerick are away in Dublin I believe. Have they a chance of progressing ?
Why do some of the best players in town not get a look in or do not want to play ?
What would your squad be if you had a chance of picking it ?

nibble nibble

irisheagle
08/02/2005, 9:46 PM
nibble nibble

Waterford play Carlow next Sunday

backodanet
09/02/2005, 7:50 AM
Anthony Tobin and Connor Lynch were left on the bench. Connor Lynch scores over 25 goals a season and he was not introduced?

I KNOW FROM UR QUOTE IT LOOKS LIKE U DON'T KNOW BUT IS IT A PERSONAL THING BETWEEN THE PLAYERS AND THE MANAGER AS TO WHY THEY ARE NOT PLAYING
SURELY IF THEY ARE NOT STARTING THEY WOULD BE GOOD SUBS TO BRING ON TO LIFT THE TEAM

whitestripe
09/02/2005, 8:37 AM
I KNOW FROM UR QUOTE IT LOOKS LIKE U DON'T KNOW BUT IS IT A PERSONAL THING BETWEEN THE PLAYERS AND THE MANAGER AS TO WHY THEY ARE NOT PLAYING
SURELY IF THEY ARE NOT STARTING THEY WOULD BE GOOD SUBS TO BRING ON TO LIFT THE TEAM

I think Connor Lynch and Finnan have had a few run ins during the year. I still believe that he should have introduced a proven goal scorer into a game where the Boro needed goals, instead of bringing on a player that does not train, that walked out of the club after a bust up with finnan only to return the week of the Munster Junior match? Its not a good example for other players and I don't think it went down well in the squad.

I do believe that there will be changes this year both on and off the field and I think the boro will be chasing those players you mentioned poacher, anyway I am sick of talking about the boro.

I agree with you poacher the Oscar Traynor is a **** take and has the perfect Manager. If anyone one out there is currently playing under that spoon can they let us know what does he give to the team. The scary thing about it is , they will probably do very well and it will have nothing to do with him.

dahamsta
09/02/2005, 5:10 PM
Out of curiosity lads, why have ye everything shoved into the one thread here? Isn't it hard to keep track of? Are ye going for a record or something? :)

If ye use the forum, it might get promoted like...

adam

True View
09/02/2005, 5:58 PM
[QUOTE=irisheagle]Crosshaven beat Janesboro 1-0 thats a bit of a shock or is it ?? janesboro never seem to surprise anybody any more i don't think i was'nt at the game but believe theyfinished up with 9 men again .....robbie dalton and jason o connor say red again in a major competion they failed to keep keep 11 people on the field for the duration of the game i suppose u can blame the manager as to why the **** he keeps picking players that can't seem to stay on the field but then again thats janesboro for u and thats why there season over in feburary ..................thats what i think anyway what yee guys think any of yee at the game whitestripe ur quite what really went wrong whitestripe .................................................. ....???inlighting me
Were you at the the game then poacher ???
Robbie Dalton & Jason O'Connor are Janesboro stalwarts who give their all for the Boro, could the ref have screwed them as happens many Limerick teams who travel in out of town competitions ???
The Boro under achieve cause they are not organised enough & if that's the players fault then I am Alex Ferguson.
The Boro have one of the best set ups in Limerick but need a professional manager to bring them forward. Dermot Finnan has not done that this year that is obvious for all to see. As for playing guys who get sent off, I wonder if that attitude would have worked with Roy Keane in the past ??? I think not.