PDA

View Full Version : Friday's crowd a good litmus test

Counting Crow
16/08/2004, 8:38 PM
Friday night will tell a lot.

If the night is fine we should get a good idea of how much support we have really gained as a result of our European exploits.

Baring in mind who we are playing I reckon only true City fans ( and those converted by Nantes, Malmo etc ) will turn up.

Expect plenty of gaps in the Shed

BTW - anyone notice how many of the Season Ticket seats were empty in the D Forde stand on Saturday. They can't all have been on holidays! :rolleyes:

Strange one that. Why buy a season ticket and not go? :confused:

City Hero
16/08/2004, 10:20 PM
You don't have to sit in your designated seat just cause you have a season ticket, you can go anywhere you like in the ground.

ccfcgirl
17/08/2004, 9:14 AM
example last year my friend her job were given 6 free season tickets rarly used she said

Flynninio
17/08/2004, 9:18 AM
35000 corkonians in croker sunday - that unfortunately i believe had a bearing on saturdays attendance.

pete
17/08/2004, 11:40 AM
I don't think crowd will be as bad as people think on friday. Few distractions on a friday evening although people may be looking for excuse of rain or whatever...

2500+ prediction

Fair_play_boy
17/08/2004, 11:52 AM
35000 corkonians in croker sunday - that unfortunately i believe had a bearing on saturdays attendance.
Yep, a gang that always comes from the Clon area were paying €35 a ticket to see Cork whup Wexford. I expect they will be at the Cross in numbers next Friday.

niamh
17/08/2004, 12:00 PM
Some of the people who would to quite a few games would not bother with Dublin City, never mind those recruited by the European buzz.

Eric
17/08/2004, 2:18 PM
Yep, a gang that always comes from the Clon area were paying €35 a ticket to see Cork whup Wexford. I expect they will be at the Cross in numbers next Friday.

How'd they manage to get tickets for €5 cheaper than the 63000 others who were there???? :(

I won't be at this game on Friday, have to save my days off from work for games towards the end of the season

Fair_play_boy
17/08/2004, 2:34 PM
How'd they manage to get tickets for €5 cheaper than the 63000 others who were there???? :(
Didn't realise they were gone that high. :o
Makes me appreciate even more the value of €10 at da Cross. :D

Colm
18/08/2004, 3:36 PM
I won't be at this game on Friday

Likewise. I'm in Portugal til Sunday so I'll also miss it.

Corner NO1
18/08/2004, 4:26 PM
Same here in the states til sunday..gutted iv missed the matches so far... has there been any advertising on the radio about it..alot of sunshiners only decide to come on spur of the mo like wen they here it on the radio(i no quite a few)

max power
18/08/2004, 4:52 PM
. Why buy a season ticket and not go? :confused:

some people want to support the club but can't go to every game, at least this way your showing your support with a season ticket.

hope the european run did a bit of good crowd wise, if even yee an egotistical shower :D

ccfcman
19/08/2004, 12:04 PM
hope the european run did a bit of good crowd wise, if even yee an egotistical shower :D

i totaally agree actually and most of this forums city supporters blow city's performances way outta the water also actually

Pablo
19/08/2004, 2:27 PM
you cant keep away from here can you!

we'll have about 3000 i'd say. thats our hardcore i would say. i wonder have the 8/9000 crowd gone for another year???????

Éanna
20/08/2004, 4:38 PM
if we win, you're not allowed come back. :p

eoinh
20/08/2004, 5:11 PM
ill have to miss toinight. First home game ive missed all season :(

Storysham
20/08/2004, 9:13 PM
Ye missed nothing, disgracefull performance. Couldnt even fill the derrynane end.

Fair_play_boy
20/08/2004, 9:20 PM
Disgracefull performance.I presume you are referring to the disgrace that so few supporters turned up to see a good open game of football. Only the result was wrong. Everything else about City's performance tonight was positive. The heads never fell and up to the last seconds they were pushing for a result.

adamcarr
20/08/2004, 9:27 PM
I presume you are referring to the disgrace that so few supporters turned up to see a good open game of football. Only the result was wrong. Everything else about City's performance tonight was positive. The heads never fell and up to the last seconds they were pushing for a result.
What game were you watching??

thecorner
21/08/2004, 1:32 AM

dont bother coning back unkess you are a die hard(yes you are)

we were absolute ****

ccfcman
21/08/2004, 9:26 AM
crowd,atmosphere,standard of football,chips n' sausages,weather and just about everything-mediocre at best

QED

Fair_play_boy
21/08/2004, 9:31 AM
crowd,atmosphere,standard of football,chips n' sausages,weather and just about everything-mediocre at best
QED Wait till somebody starts blaming Georgie for the chips n' sausages next. :D

ccfcman
21/08/2004, 9:32 AM
**regrets ever talking about george "golden boy" o'callaghan**

patsh
21/08/2004, 9:33 AM
I thought the crowd was decent enough, my worst fears were not confirmed.

As for George, the little mickey man that always stands near us was at it all night. The ball was kicked off, George seemed to give it away, and your man was screamimg abuse after ll of 3 seconds......:rolleyes: :mad:

ccfcman
21/08/2004, 9:37 AM
no i realised the georgie brigade would hunt me down,im not anti-georgie at all,im actually quite pally with him etc. i just feel he's one of our big names who should perform always thats all.

now lets all forget that thread,hug each other (ie. leav me alone) and support a certain Cork City F.C. s'il vous plait.

ccfcman
21/08/2004, 9:52 AM
ah how do u know where i live :eek:

*calls guards*

**useless buggers**

pete
23/08/2004, 10:30 AM
What was attendance on friday?

namloc
23/08/2004, 10:49 AM
What was attendance on friday?

2,000 max.

max power
23/08/2004, 10:52 AM
i never asked..... :p

Colm
23/08/2004, 11:33 AM
As for George, the little mickey man that always stands near us was at it all night. The ball was kicked off, George seemed to give it away, and your man was screamimg abuse after ll of 3 seconds......:rolleyes: :mad:

You'll have to point this ignorant assh0le out to a few of us some night Pat. I'd love to have a "chat" with him and say plenty others would aswell! These are the kind of guys we'd be much better off without.

Eric
24/08/2004, 1:56 PM
You'll have to point this ignorant assh0le out to a few of us some night Pat. I'd love to have a "chat" with him and say plenty others would aswell! These are the kind of guys we'd be much better off without.

Shoulders back, chin out, watch out,.......COLM's about!!!!! :rolleyes:

Colm
24/08/2004, 2:08 PM
Shoulders back

I'm getting increasingly worried about you're fascination with my shoulders!!!! ;) :D