PDA

View Full Version : Roddy Collins looses the plot altogether

Counting Crow
16/08/2004, 8:33 PM
Has lost the run of himself or what?

Putting 14 players on the transfer list is bizare to say the least. They will be oozzing loyalty on Friday :D .

How big is their panel I wonder? Even we'd struggle if we lost 14 squad members.

De Town
16/08/2004, 8:39 PM
Has lost the run of himself or what?

Putting 14 players on the transfer list is bizare to say the least. They will be oozzing loyalty on Friday :D .

How big is their panel I wonder? Even we'd struggle if we lost 14 squad members.

Theres another thread around here saying what players he let go and what players he kept.

Sheridan
16/08/2004, 9:00 PM
There are thirteen players left in the squad, including two goalkeepers and no-one left-footed. One of those players, ex-Ireland Under-21 international Danny Boxall, is out "for the foreseeable future" after damaging his knee on his debut (a shame, as he was the only one of Roddy's signings to impress.)

I've been trying to establish if these players have been transfer-listed or released, the club's statement was ambiguous. Either way, they've all been told they're not needed and won't be involved for the rest of the season. Roddy claims to have some signings lined up, but I'd be surprised if he can add anyone before Friday. The under-21 squad is a no-go too (bar possibly Dean Brennan) because of the club's policy of signing mostly 17 and 18-year-olds, giving them a few years to develop at under-21 level. Cork have no excuse for not winning handsomely on Friday.

Fair_play_boy
16/08/2004, 9:09 PM
Theres another thread around here saying what players he let go and what players he kept.
Yeah I nearly got banned from foot.ie for starting it in this forum. Don't know why. It got moved to the Dublin City forum last night.