PDA

View Full Version : Hunt and McClean needed.

tricky_colour
11/06/2012, 4:27 PM
And we will start winning matches.

Charlie Darwin
11/06/2012, 4:45 PM
I'm not sure how we would propose to win matches with even less possession than we currently enjoy.

geysir
11/06/2012, 4:50 PM
What we don't need is Tricky starting a new thread everytime some idea pops into his head :)

nigel-harps1954
11/06/2012, 5:14 PM
A 0-0-2 formation is very daring though don't you think. We may need more players.

tricky_colour
11/06/2012, 5:27 PM
What we don't need is Tricky starting a new thread everytime some idea pops into his head :)

No that is exactly what you do need.
That's is what threads are supposed to be, "threads of thought".
That is exactly how forums are supposed to work, everything is grouped into threads of thought which are then
discussed, hence the name threads.
They are not called categories which is how most forums are now wrongly organised because of some
dictate from the glorious chief sausage.

Yep my thread of thought is indeed a thread, and that is precisely what forums are intended to contain.
Nothing more nothing less, just lots of threads (of thought).

The fact that there are thousands of forums which do it wrongly does not justify it, there are thousands of bankrupt companies banks and
countries because they followed a stupid dogma and justified their foolish behaviour on the behaviour of bigger fools than themselves.

tricky_colour
11/06/2012, 5:30 PM
A 0-0-2 formation is very daring though don't you think. We may need more players.

Obviously and those positions need to be filled, I just think we would have done better with hose players perhaps.

The other places are up for grabs and suggestions are required.

nigel-harps1954
11/06/2012, 7:43 PM
Obviously and those positions need to be filled, I just think we would have done better with hose players perhaps.

The other places are up for grabs and suggestions are required.

Because of course, Trap reads this forum for suggestions ;P

Philly
11/06/2012, 7:49 PM
Clearly Cox is a better left winger than either of them!

youngirish
11/06/2012, 8:44 PM
Stephen Hunt. The sometimes benchwarmer sometimes reserve team player for those powers of world football relegated Wolves? Xavi and Iniesta must be quaking in their boots.

geysir
11/06/2012, 9:04 PM
No that is exactly what you do need.
That's is what threads are supposed to be, "threads of thought".
That is exactly how forums are supposed to work, everything is grouped into threads of thought which are then
discussed, hence the name threads.
They are not called categories which is how most forums are now wrongly organised because of some
dictate from the glorious chief sausage.

Yep my thread of thought is indeed a thread, and that is precisely what forums are intended to contain.
Nothing more nothing less, just lots of threads (of thought).

The fact that there are thousands of forums which do it wrongly does not justify it, there are thousands of bankrupt companies banks and
countries because they followed a stupid dogma and justified their foolish behaviour on the behaviour of bigger fools than themselves.

I wouldn't have you down as a man of thought TC, never mind having a thread of thought :)
You know full well this was discussed at various times here and despite your desperate pleas contained in a barrage of some 500 posts, your pleas were rejected. Now you still pop up and persist with getting your way in a forum that works quite well and ain't broke.

tricky_colour
11/06/2012, 9:30 PM
Stephen Hunt. The sometimes benchwarmer sometimes reserve team player for those powers of world football relegated Wolves? Xavi and Iniesta must be quaking in their boots.

Always put's in a good shift, I read at Wolves he covered more ground than any other player.
Scored the goal that kept Wolves up.
He didn't play ever game with wolves cos of injury, the results in the games he played seemed pretty good.
I may have a closer look at that later.

tricky_colour
11/06/2012, 9:32 PM
I wouldn't have you down as a man of thought TC, never mind having a thread of thought :)
You know full well this was discussed at various times here and despite your desperate pleas contained in a barrage of some 500 posts, your pleas were rejected. Now you still pop up and persist with getting your way in a forum that works quite well and ain't broke.

No I never mentioned the forum layout, I seem to recall it was you who brought up that thread of thought
in a totally unrelated thread, am I correct? I can go back and check if you like.

Your appeal to authority to back up you 'argument' shows you have no other way to justify your position
other than the mindless following of rules.

If a mod told you to jump in the fire would you do it?

Lionel Ritchie
11/06/2012, 10:15 PM
Tricky, with all due respect, this latest thread of yours contains two more words in it's opening salvo, its rationale if you like, than it does in its title. Beyond that there is nothing here that couldn't have sat comfortably in the Spain match thread.

Oh ...and you're wrong :)

tricky_colour
11/06/2012, 11:29 PM
Tricky, with all due respect, this latest thread of yours contains two more words in it's opening salvo, its rationale if you like, than it does in its title. Beyond that there is nothing here that couldn't have sat comfortably in the Spain match thread.

Oh ...and you're wrong :)

It is a separate thread of though, I am not interested in Spain, I'm not even Spanish I am talking about the selection of McClean and Hunt, nothing to do with Spain.

There is more chance of Ireland winning the next 10 European Championships than me being wrong.
I light of that you might like to reconsider the final sentence in your post :).

Let's face it. I am more than capable of making my own thread and thread titles, whilst I would agree that there are some moron who are not I done not see whay the whole of the forum for the sake of one or two idiots.

Finally the value of a post is not determined by the number of words in it rather the sentiment expressed.

legendz
12/06/2012, 9:23 AM
It's a shame McClean is not likely to be given an opportunity. A tournament like this offers a player like him a great chance. Them across the water were brave enough to give a young player a chance, and their manager has only been in the job a few weeks.

osarusan
12/06/2012, 9:25 AM
Not sure about starting McClean. He might be best as an impact sub if we have to go for broke.

I'm not keen to see Hunt get any game time at all - I don't really see him improving us as a team.

Murfinator
12/06/2012, 10:05 AM
And we will start winning matches.

Genius idea, replace our current wingers who are getting no supply from defence or midfield and expect their replacements to magically have that supply to work with. You clearly know what you're talking about and understood the problems of the last day.

This is beyond an idiotic suggestion, maybe address the problem of supply and primary possession instead of going down the infant route of suggesting random players you like without an inkling of how they'll even see the ball. It's really embarrassing listening to some supposed fans come up with these hilarious suggestions to fix our problems completly oblivious to our issues with possession retention and just general distribution from the back 4. In a language you might understand "OUR BACK 6 CANT PASS THE BALL". It doesn't matter if our front 4 are Gomez, Villa, Ribery and Robben if they don't get proper possession (as opposed to scraps from hoofball) they can't do anything.

How is somebody whose been on this site for 9 years and presumably following the sport all that time so clueless to even suggest something like this?

tricky_colour
12/06/2012, 6:56 PM
Genius idea, replace our current wingers who are getting no supply from defence or midfield and expect their replacements to magically have that supply to work with. You clearly know what you're talking about and understood the problems of the last day.

This is beyond an idiotic suggestion, maybe address the problem of supply and primary possession instead of going down the infant route of suggesting random players you like without an inkling of how they'll even see the ball. It's really embarrassing listening to some supposed fans come up with these hilarious suggestions to fix our problems completly oblivious to our issues with possession retention and just general distribution from the back 4. In a language you might understand "OUR BACK 6 CANT PASS THE BALL". It doesn't matter if our front 4 are Gomez, Villa, Ribery and Robben if they don't get proper possession (as opposed to scraps from hoofball) they can't do anything.

How is somebody whose been on this site for 9 years and presumably following the sport all that time so clueless to even suggest something like this?

They won't be waiting for someone to get the ball for them they will be going and getting it themselves I would imagine.

I don't have much time for players who complain nobody gave them the ball to them, there is another option, go and ****ing get it yourself!!

Amd I don't see how you can say they never get the ball.

I clearly remember at about 41 min's Whelan passing the ball to McGeady, guess what he did?
He ****ing passed it back!!! (To Whelan, who passed it back to Ward who passed it back to Whelan or rather a more
alert Croat).

So I agree to a certain extend, if we can't pass the ball at least we can kick it forwards.
Our back 6 should be lumping it forwards not playing Russian roulette making square passed across out penalty area.
Also Hunt and McClean can run with the ball, so they don't even have to try to pass, removing a whole area of potential mistakes.

I am not clueless, when I was playing football (albeit it at a lower level) I did not sit around goal hanging when we
didn't have the ball, I went and helped win it back.

No point in having Keane and Doyle hang around at the centre spot like they were waiting for a bus to arrive.
And lets face it if they went back and helped out our back 6 might occasionally pass to them even if by accident.

SkStu
12/06/2012, 7:06 PM
i think tricky_colour is the perfect example of the effect that tournaments involving Ireland can have on otherwise rational and sane posters... :) j/k!

http://www.kevincharnas.com/uploaded_images/britney-spears-shaved-head-701550.jpg

tricky_colour
12/06/2012, 7:23 PM
i think tricky_colour is the perfect example of the effect that tournaments involving Ireland can have on otherwise rational and sane posters... :) j/k!

http://www.kevincharnas.com/uploaded_images/britney-spears-shaved-head-701550.jpg

When you are reduced to ad hominem attacks to bolster your 'argument' it is a clear indication your don't have one,
posting a picture instead of arguing the case you don't have, is another.

Still as I am right there is little else you can do, is there?

SkStu
12/06/2012, 7:31 PM
im not arguing with you (first post in this thread), im not saying youre right or wrong in this particular thread, im just saying you've wigged out a little bit since Sunday... sorry, but i always considered you a pretty balanced poster whereas now, its all a bit extremist...

tricky_colour
12/06/2012, 7:47 PM
Again that's just an ad hominem attack and thus totally invalid.

Repeating an invalid argument does not strengthen it.

And you admit yourself you have no substance to your argument so why make it?