PDA

View Full Version : John McHale

razor
16/08/2004, 3:50 PM
He's at it again, back on the bandwagon.

Tonights Echo contains an article from himself which is littered with inaccuracies and bad spelling.

Does anyone proof read these? Obviously not.

Trying in vain to come across as if he has actually attended City games this season.

john , you are talking to the wrong people.

Gary
16/08/2004, 5:39 PM
To the uninformed, his paragraph on Fenn is true. To those who actually watch what Fenn offers, one can see that he is speaking cobblers.

Is it just after games we lose that McHale writes an article?

That said, he had a few points, but the manner in which he put them across were just snide.

Éanna
16/08/2004, 6:30 PM
mchale only comments on city games when he knows he can have a right go. If Liam Murphy said one thing right in his reign as city manager its that mchale doesn't have a clue

A face
16/08/2004, 7:27 PM
Trying in vain to come across as if he has actually attended City games this season.

Just to be clear .... does he actually ever go to games ?? Has anyone seen him all season ??

Counting Crow
16/08/2004, 8:08 PM
Why does this pr!ck only turn up in print after a defeat?

Where has he been all season?

I know this idiot from my basketball days. He was one of the most despised players then as he was an unbelievable moaner ( to refs, other players etc ). He was also quite cynical on court........isn't that a surprise?

One thing about him though he was totally dedicated to basketball and played to quite a high level .............. but get this, as a result he knew absolutely nothing about football, or any other sport other than BB. Just because he has a senior position in the Echo Sports dept he feels this God given right to come on and pontificate about something he knows absolutely about.

Spillane is bad but at least he has been involved in football for years - give him that.

This mor0n whips out the sword and starts swinging when he feels like it.

IMO we should just ignore the jerk - we will never get the opportunity to go face to face with him as he never goes to games.

pete
17/08/2004, 11:30 AM
I wonder will City renew its "parnership" with de Echo whenever it ends? I'd say Lennox getting fairly annoyed by their coverage? Is Echo sponsorship worth much to City?

Fair_play_boy
17/08/2004, 11:40 AM
That said, he had a few points, . . .
More like he had a few pints . . .

niamh
17/08/2004, 11:56 AM
Just to be clear .... does he actually ever go to games ?? Has anyone seen him all season ??

People have very short memories. McHale was at the European games and had some good things to say. He criticised a team that most City fans were happy to give out about after Saturday's performances.
Some of the things the Echo have come out have been v surprising (in a bad way) but I always had my doubts over sponsorship links with a media outlet whose job it is to report on the events and not PR for the club.

harry crumb
18/08/2004, 9:05 PM
Niamh, Why can't you tolerate criticism of the Echo? Do you have a vested interest of something?

niamh
18/08/2004, 9:59 PM
Pointing out McHale was at the Euro matches is defending criticism now is it?
However I don't think media outlets should sponsor a club they are supposed to be reporting on...