PDA

View Full Version : Miserable Shelbourne Gits

joeSoap
16/08/2004, 2:45 PM
Ryanair cancel special flight to Shels match

15:37 Monday August 16th 2004

Ryanair have been forced to cancel a specially arranged flight to Spain for next week's Champions League match between Shelbourne and Deportivo La Coruna. Poor sales are being blamed and the airline has said that it is disappointed with the uptake. However, fans had complained that the price of €299 euro plus taxes & charges was too expensive. Any passengers who had booked will be given full refunds.

tiktok
16/08/2004, 2:51 PM
apparently ryanair will still put this flight on if there's interest and some of the fans are trying to stir it up.

for the record the flight was €129 ew plus taxes plus transfers

LFC in Exile
16/08/2004, 4:00 PM
apparently ryanair will still put this flight on if there's interest and some of the fans are trying to stir it up.

for the record the flight was €129 ew plus taxes plus transfers

It is a bit steep alright and there is no doubt that Ryanair are taking advantage. But it is still cheaper than the alternatives, including accommodation. I think the critics want Ryanair to run it for nothing.

There was a deal from Lee Travel for the Nantes- Cork game I think and that was over €450 from what I rememebr. There is also the benefit of not having to take too much time of work to go. Does the Shels fan have a job? :D

NorthoftheLee
16/08/2004, 4:23 PM
Does the Shels fan have a job? :D

They're in the middle of their school holidays so they have no excuses..