PDA

View Full Version : the shed

rebel army no1
16/08/2004, 2:20 PM
can anyone tell me what the hell is going on in the shed, are they knocking it or what,its been going on for ages and i dont have a clue whats happening,what are they replacing it with if they do knock it :confused:

thecorner
16/08/2004, 2:32 PM
they will be knocking the shed

i think at the end of season

namloc
16/08/2004, 2:41 PM
can anyone tell me what the hell is going on in the shed, are they knocking it or what,its been going on for ages and i dont have a clue whats happening,what are they replacing it with if they do knock it :confused:

I know someone working in the City council's planning department. They have been granted planning permission to replace the shed and the old dressing rooms/club shop with a stand, new dressing rooms, offices, new club shop and a couple of corporate boxes/suites things (have seen the plans, looks good). Also have permission to cover the St Annes End and put in toilets/shop etc there! Not sure when they are going to start this though.

ccfcman
16/08/2004, 3:07 PM
hopefully the new shed/ludzic stand,whatever it'll be known as will revive the atmosphere of the past

GavinZac
16/08/2004, 3:35 PM
the plans for the new shed were on display last season, it looked class. the players run out from under it. can you imagine the away team sat in the dressing room a few feet below the new shed? :D

Ruairi
16/08/2004, 3:49 PM
It'll be class when an away player gets sent off, and he has to trot to the shed with 1,000 or so fellas waving and shouting "cheerio" at him.

can't wait

GavinZac
16/08/2004, 3:51 PM
i didnt check this out, but i wonder if the trophy steps are in the new shed too?

it'd be a case of "up, up, up" with our league trophy!

(or the munster senior cup, whatever ;) )

ccfcman
16/08/2004, 3:52 PM
the shed should be auctioned on ebay,im up one of the pylons :)

GavinZac
16/08/2004, 3:54 PM
i know, i want my leaning bar.

rebel army no1
16/08/2004, 4:02 PM
sounds unreal, but because its going to be all seats wont that reduse athmosphere. is it going to cover the whole end or just where the shed is at the moment

ccfcman
16/08/2004, 4:06 PM
puhleeeze we're gonna still stand mate!

seats or no seats the new shed is a god send(lot of €€€€s though)

GavinZac
16/08/2004, 4:09 PM
sounds unreal, but because its going to be all seats wont that reduse athmosphere. is it going to cover the whole end or just where the shed is at the moment

the whole end. it'll be designed with an extension to the main stand in mind.

everybodys going to stand anyway. at least the people who choose to do so now.

but the derrynane... seat the corner! get those eejits out of there ;)

ccfcman
16/08/2004, 4:12 PM
those seats which are molded into concrete(they have no backs to them) they're what we want

rebel army no1
16/08/2004, 7:45 PM
puhleeeze we're gonna still stand mate!

seats or no seats the new shed is a god send(lot of €€€€s though)
i know were going to still be standing but what i was thinking was that because we all have to take a seat, we will be a tiny bit away from each other and not crowded like it is know which will reduse athmosphere.......but thats proberly the voices in my head again????????? :confused:

thecorner
16/08/2004, 8:48 PM
seat the corner! get those eejits out of there ;)

hard man hiding behind a pc

Flynninio
17/08/2004, 9:50 AM
gavin zac - name yourself.

tiktok
17/08/2004, 9:55 AM
Cornerboys, would you ever chill out. :cool:
It was a joke, did you not notice the bloody winky smiley ;) after GavinZac's comment. Chill the beans lads, I swear, there must be some lead paint/asbestos roofing in the corner that's playing with your mind.

Then the 'hard man', 'name yourself' comments, in fairness, what are you going to do like, spam him to death :D :D

thecorner
17/08/2004, 9:57 AM
callin us eejits is personal

and tiktok,,got fcuk all to do with you

ian
17/08/2004, 10:12 AM
I just have to laugh at this ejit hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah. Come to the corner for the next game we will welcome you any time. Lads let the boy alone. hahahahahahahahahahahahah. :p :p

Flynninio
17/08/2004, 10:28 AM
the name yourself remark was a wind up. i loves to wind people up on this site. to many idol hours at work.i just looking forward to when the shed gets fully extended then we see everybody getting in there. anyway i spends most me time these days trying to gets the st annes faithful singing(without much success has to be said) :p

pete
17/08/2004, 11:47 AM
I think we all more or less familiar with the plans for the NEW shed but does anyone know for definite when its gonna happen?

De Town
17/08/2004, 11:54 AM
if the building of the new shed goes ahead at the end of the season and isnt finished in time for the new one, where will you shedites move to?

tiktok
17/08/2004, 12:17 PM
if the building of the new shed goes ahead at the end of the season and isnt finished in time for the new one, where will you shedites move to?

St.Anne's end.
The only time this question has arisen in the past was in our home game against Lausanne Sports on the UEFA cup a few years back, on that occasion the shed had to be closed so we went to the St.Anne's end. Harder to generate noise there because it's not covered but the Stand and the Derrynane aren't really options to be honest.

GavinZac
17/08/2004, 12:18 PM
hard man hiding behind a pc

says you. i should send that pm on to adam ya poof

thecorner
17/08/2004, 12:22 PM
says you. i should send that pm on to adam ya poof

y dont u tell ur mam next

Ruairi
17/08/2004, 12:22 PM
lads cut it out the both of ye, please

GavinZac
17/08/2004, 12:23 PM
:ball:

talk about it

namloc
17/08/2004, 12:26 PM
I think we all more or less familiar with the plans for the NEW shed but does anyone know for definite when its gonna happen?

Presumably they will knock the shed at the end of this season and begin work on the new shed soon after. Probably won't be finished until the end of the 2005/start of 2006 season.

Peadar
17/08/2004, 1:10 PM
does anyone know for definite when its gonna happen?

The priority for the club at the moment is training facilities.
Any major investment will be in that area.
The Shed will have to wait until after that happens.
I still think Turners Cross is a money drain that will never be much more than what it is now.

namloc
17/08/2004, 1:29 PM
Any major investment will be in that area.
The Shed will have to wait until after that happens.
I still think Turners Cross is a money drain that will never be much more than what it is now.

City/MFA already have planning permission for the New Shed and covering over the St Anne's End and I understand they are to begin redevelopment at the end of this season or early 2005. Decent training facilities should also be a priority however. Anyone know how the Business Brigade thing went or when it is on??

pete
17/08/2004, 1:30 PM
Any major investment will be in that area...

Does anyone know what happening with that "Rebel Army Business Brigade" initiative? Was that advertisied in de Paper yet?

:confused:

adamcarr
17/08/2004, 8:49 PM
Does anyone know what happening with that "Rebel Army Business Brigade" initiative? Was that advertisied in de Paper yet?

:confused:
I think they said it would be advertised August 6th. I didnt see it though!

Citygirl
18/08/2004, 5:58 PM
it was supposed to be in the irish examiner and evening echo on august 6th but wasnt..it will now be appearing sometime in september.there was another ad for it in the prog last fri sayin keep a lookout for more info