PDA

View Full Version : Rams 3 - 2 Sligo

Rams-fan
16/08/2004, 12:32 PM
The victory was marred by some silly refereeing decisions, The conflict which saw jammers getting sent off was the Referee losing control and not breaking up the conflict before it developed into free for all. :)

Darren's sending off was a soft second yellow. I thought the booking for taking the jersey off was at the disgression of the Referee. There was no time wasting involved.

It was nice to see Chris O' Shea get on the score sheet and to win the game in the dying moments was a welcome change :)

I was talking to A. Wolfe and he looks to be out of the Athlone Game. So we are going to be pretty short handed in the defence. Darren suspended, Wolfe out injured, J. Andrews gone. :confused:

bren
16/08/2004, 1:59 PM
As i understand it the following is the team news or bad news for our Cup match against Athlone
-----1.--Garath O Donovan on holidays .
-----2.John Meade on holidays
-----3. Eoin Loughead on holidays
-----4Darren Murphy suspended .
-----5.Anthoney Wolfe on injured list and very doubt ful .
-----6.John ANDREWS GONE TO america .
-----7.Kieran O Reilly injured .
-----Tony Tynan still playing at 80 per cent fit .

The only back players avail. are 1. Michael Hastings ---still recovering and not fully fit .2.Terry white just back from holidays --WHO KNOWS /
AND Steve Yelverton ---if we play him in the back four .No one else .
Its a sad state of affairs and says a lot about the commitment of some of the players and the authority of the Manager .
Also the players that are left must feel very let down by thoese who are gone on holidays knowing full well the match against ATHLONE was coming up ---then again they might have their own agenda .However i can not understand how this situation was allowed to happen .And it says for me there is something very rotten at the heart of Cobh Ramblers .
Pele

cobhrambler 16
16/08/2004, 6:18 PM
thats a ****in disgrace about those players. they could of went on holidays during the july break!!

were ****ed now! :mad:

anyway.....Cobh Ramblers 3-2 Sligo Rovers
Cobh Ramblers finished the game with nine men after the dismissals of James Cummins and two-goal hero Darren Murphy, but still held on for all three points after a dramatic First Division encounter at St Colman’s Park on Friday night.

Murphy netted the winner after 88 minutes and pulled off his shirt to celebrate the goal – in doing so earning an automatic second yellow card, and consequent red, from referee Tony Kelly.

Cobh had been two goals to the good when they were reduced to 10 men in the 20th minute after Cummins was sent off for an off-the-ball incident,rossiter(******)acted like he was head butted.

Murphy netted the opener in the fourth minute and Chris O’Shea followed up to beat Ken O’Malley for the second time four minutes later.

The red card shown to Cummins offered Sligo a route back into the game, and the seized it with both hands.

Colm Heffernan was their principal goal threat, and he netted twice, the first shortly before half-time and the equalizer in the 71st minute.

But Murphy had the last say, taking the ball around O’Malley and stroking it to the net before his joy got the better of him.

Cobh Ramblers: Cuthbert, Hastings, Meade, O’Donovan, Tynan, Murphy, Cummins, Warren, Yelverton, O’Shea, Brosnan.

Sligo Rovers: O’Malley, Rossiter, Miller, McNamara, Straker, Cassidy, Foley, Carr, Heffernan, McCartney, McTiernan.

Referee: T. Kelly (Athlone).

ramblers
16/08/2004, 8:59 PM
Jammer was unlucky with the Red but I can understand why he was sent off he should have walked away and he knows that.If he had walked away he would not have got sent off.

Darren Murphy again he had to go for taking off his shirt it is a bookable offence and has nothing to do with the ref it is out of his hands it is now automatic booking.

Bren I think you are getting a bit over dramatic with your statements.

The lads had there holidays booked since last year and even though I take your point What do you want Dave Hill to do its different if you are full time pro's but they are not they all work full time jobs and play with Cobh Part time they have to take holidays to it has nothing to do with agendas so lets not start getting everyone worked up before the Cup game.

There is a great spirit around the Team and nothing is rotten we will still have a team out on Friday and we will still beat athlone.

Its time yet again to back the Team and show the support they deserve it was a great victory on Saturday against Sligo we need to play like that against Athlone and we will have no problems regardless of who is on Holiday.

Come on the Rams.

bren
16/08/2004, 9:30 PM
Like yourself i do agree we are going to win on Friday ---even though it will be a weakened team we are sending out .That out of the way let s talk about the holidays . Not being any way smart looking at it your way everybody could be missing on holidays this week we-- are lucky its only three or four .You seem to be a bit on the inside like myself and i can tell you that the people i know playing did not book their holidays during the soccer season but took short breaks instead during the season .Between the Limerick leauge match and the match against sligo two of our players were away in Paris for a short break .And they both starred against Sligo .You can have that commitment playing in the First Div. .Everybody knew the Cup dates ,/I read your threads on a regular basics and i have great time for your opinions so i am not going to take issue with you on the different agendas of players and holidays as you are correct in saying leave it for now . We can discuss it after the Cup game ---but believeme they are there .Sure you would book your holidays if you were ent getting a fair look in
pele

Crambler
17/08/2004, 10:51 AM
Holiday's Are Always Going To Be An Issue While Playing Part Time.
I Would Like To Be As Upbeat On A Win On Friday Night But I Have This Sinking Feeling,i Hope I Am Wrong But With O'donovan,meade,murphy,andrews And Wolfe? Missing The Whole Back Bone Is Gone Out Of The Team.where Does Dave Hill Start With Juggling The Team As It Is We Have One Of The Smallest Squads In El .
Let,s Hope For The Best And Give Whatever Team Lines Out The Best Support We Can In Athlone.in Cup Football Anything Can Happen

Rams-fan
17/08/2004, 6:00 PM
Holiday's Are Always Going To Be An Issue While Playing Part Time.
I Would Like To Be As Upbeat On A Win On Friday Night But I Have This Sinking Feeling,i Hope I Am Wrong But With O'donovan,meade,murphy,andrews And Wolfe? Missing The Whole Back Bone Is Gone Out Of The Team.where Does Dave Hill Start With Juggling The Team As It Is We Have One Of The Smallest Squads In El .
Let,s Hope For The Best And Give Whatever Team Lines Out The Best Support We Can In Athlone.in Cup Football Anything Can Happen

Totally agree, I don't think many would have us still in the cup at this stage. Confidence is high with the Sligo result :) Lets hope the lads on the night go out to show they deserve to be in the starting 11 :D

Roll on Friday!!!!

Rams-fan
17/08/2004, 6:03 PM
As i understand it the following is the team news or bad news for our Cup match against Athlone
-----1.Garath O Donovan on holidays .
-----2.John Meade on holidays
-----3. Eoin Loughead on holidays
-----4Darren Murphy suspended .
-----5.Anthoney Wolfe on injured list and very doubt ful .
-----6.John ANDREWS GONE TO america .
-----7.Kieran O Reilly injured .
-----Tony Tynan still playing at 80 per cent fit .

The only back players avail. are 1. Michael Hastings ---still recovering and not fully fit .2.Terry white just back from holidays --WHO KNOWS /
AND Steve Yelverton ---if we play him in the back four

Dave Warren played a blinder in defence last season, so maybe an option ??

ramblers
18/08/2004, 8:36 PM
This is the Team I Think could do a job for us.

Peter Cuthburt
Michael Hastings
Colin Falvey
Robert Brosnan
Terry White
Tony Tynan
James Cummins
Stevie Yelverton
Dave Warren
Kieran Reily (if fit) otherwise Johnathan Coker
Chris O Shea.

Come on the Rams.