PDA

View Full Version : Flancare Park

Lim till i die
04/06/2012, 1:00 AM
Was too busy gloating like a mofo last night but just said I'd pop in to say this because I did a wind up in another thread about the state of the place (it was in a fair oul state last time I was up there tbf.)

Flancare is in absolutely top notch condition these days, much credit due to all concerned.

Absolutely right up there with Turners Cross and Terryland imho. (on a dry day :) )

Just a few small things:

Sort out the sewage.
Tarmac the car park.
Go handy on the oul away fans, tis only the Dublin clubs have cannibals
Tis a pity ye left the bottle bar licence slide, would genuinely add even more to the place, any chance ye'll get it back??

Overall though top job, was amazed at the improvements and it's the little things like the way the walls were painted under the stand, the painted poles holding up the netting behind the goals, extra effort like that makes all the difference.

In summary, fair play. :good:

Cabs88
04/06/2012, 10:32 AM
Read the accounts on yer forum about how ye were treated the other bight. If it transpired like that, very disappointed to say the least... Especially in the first division any away support should be welcomed, i hope it doesnt turn limerick fans off coming up here in the future.

Longfordian
04/06/2012, 9:30 PM
I also thought the place was looking terrific. I know they've long term plans to keep improving the place and steps are being taken in that regard. The car park would cost a bit to level out and tarmac but hopefully it gets done at some point, it sticks out as a bit of an eyesore.

L.T.F.C.
05/06/2012, 2:40 AM
Theres plans to the front fence/wall by the years end, but who knows. Tarmac would be mental price.

outspoken
05/06/2012, 10:12 AM
Tarmac would really make the place look unreal but as LTFC said I'd imagine it would be a mental price....All these smal little things help even the Curbs (not Kirbs) outside add something and you'd be shocked what the bit of paint has done to the place....There's no doubt Flancare is right up there as one of the best grounds in the country......We are also one of very few with a scoreboard with a clock!