PDA

View Full Version : Serbia away in August friendly

back of the net
02/06/2012, 12:53 AM
An away friendly in august against a decent side. Great to see as we dont really do away friendlies.

http://www.football365.com/republic-of-ireland/7791160/Republic-v-Serbia-in-August

CraftyToePoke
02/06/2012, 2:22 AM
Anyone fancy predicting the squad for that one ..

Colbert Report
02/06/2012, 5:08 AM
Why don't we play more away friendlies? Is it due to our lack of a quality domestic league? People are more willing to spend money watching the fully professional Irish team live than semi-pros and amateurs at their local parks?

Dodge
02/06/2012, 8:59 AM
Why don't we play more away friendlies? Is it due to our lack of a quality domestic league? People are more willing to spend money watching the fully professional Irish team live than semi-pros and amateurs at their local parks?
Even for you thats a pretty poor attempt at fishing. Still, you got me to bite...

elroy
02/06/2012, 4:47 PM

Yawn

No its due to the fact that our association needs the revenue from home games, due to overspending and inaccurate forecasts in recent years

Colbert Report
02/06/2012, 9:08 PM
No, I'm not trying to wind people up. What is the average attendance at the LOI matches? Can't be more than a few thousand, if that. Yet somehow the national team never fails to get 30,000 out paying a lot more money for tickets too! The appetite is there for quality entertainment.

BonnieShels
02/06/2012, 9:45 PM
No, I'm not trying to wind people up. What is the average attendance at the LOI matches? Can't be more than a few thousand, if that. Yet somehow the national team never fails to get 30,000 out paying a lot more money for tickets too! The appetite is there for quality entertainment.

Makes you wonder why the 30000+ bother to go to Lansdowne so.

ArdeeBhoy
03/06/2012, 1:28 AM
Agreed and what Elroy said.