PDA

View Full Version : what is wrong with city

thecorner
15/08/2004, 12:16 PM
doaln cant see it, jason kabia can :eek:

talking to him yesterday and made some good points

while he admitted this city team was better than the one he was in man for man,he made the valid point in what we lack...presence

WHY GO OFF AND BUY GAMBLE...ANOTHER SMALL PLAYER

too often we are being muscled out of it

the team in kabia's era were all big strong players

while lacking skill,they had the strength

also brill out of kabia while being slagged off
response"at least we got ye trophies" :D

GavinZac
15/08/2004, 12:18 PM
what do you suggest we do, replace every player other than dan murray and benno?

thecorner
15/08/2004, 12:20 PM
what do you suggest we do, replace every player other than dan murray and benno?

why dont u just fcuk off,its an opinion

answer the topic,not the poster :rolleyes:

GavinZac
15/08/2004, 12:22 PM
thats the topic i presumed, you think whats wrong with city is they are too small

Gary
15/08/2004, 12:42 PM
Will the two of ye put a sock in it, no one cares about your squabbles.

As for the initial post - whats wrong with City? Simple, there is no real leader on the pitch, and just not strong enough. It was brutally clear to see yesterday that Shels were just so much stronger in every department, and fitter than the entire City team.

Fair_play_boy
15/08/2004, 2:37 PM
Not much wrong with City IMO. We had an off day yesterday, and failed to capitalise on Shelsea when they should have been there for the taking being down players, and tired after Depo. As for probably not winning the league, or any other silverware this year, that does not necessarily mean anything is wrong. If yesterday's result had gone our way, this thread would not exist. Think about it. In the first half we had the better of the play. Doyler's effort was close, and Devine didn't break sweat. In the second half, I think Shelsea only had two efforts on target. A nil-all draw would have been a fair result. I think we will all feel a bit more realistic after the game next Friday.

SSS
15/08/2004, 2:47 PM
If yesterday's result had gone our way, this thread would not exist.

And IF we hadn't lost to Bohs and Drogs and UCD and Limerick in the recent past..... :rolleyes:

Eric
16/08/2004, 7:20 PM
In my view it seems that when Georgie doesn't perform to his usual standards or isn't playing then City struggle going forward and don't seem to know what to do.

And before people start attacking me saying that we are not a 1 man team, just have a look at the games we've lost recently!!!

SSS
16/08/2004, 7:31 PM
In my view it seems that when Georgie doesn't perform to his usual standards or isn't playing then City struggle going forward and don't seem to know what to do.

And before people start attacking me saying that we are not a 1 man team, just have a look at the games we've lost recently!!!

There a certainly a few examples of that - even back as far last the 0-0 with Pats last season.

ollie
16/08/2004, 7:39 PM
have to agree with the corner.we have no big physical player in midfield to boss the area.georgie and colin t aren't particularly physical players tho to be fair colin does try to.all our centre mid players are either small in stature or not very strong

Eric
16/08/2004, 7:55 PM
When Georgie is on top of his game he does have a presence in the middle, he'll run all day and gets in some super tackles. He might not be physically big but still does the job......when he's on form!!!

ollie
16/08/2004, 7:57 PM
when he's on form!!!

thats the problem.we need someone to do this on a consistant basis

Eric
16/08/2004, 7:59 PM
He does it on a consistant basis but is only human so is obviously gonna have the odd off day.

Think our main problem is that with have nobody who can play as good as him that we can bring in inorder to rest Georgie

thecorner
16/08/2004, 8:52 PM
i dont think that any of our players go out of their way top play badly as ive stated before

but its just came to a stage where some of them need a rest after a recent tough schedule

expect some players to be rested vs dublin

after all,this game should be straight forward

mickrev
17/08/2004, 10:48 AM
The lack of bite and a bit of physical stuff is a point alright. When was the last time a city player was sent off? Its good to have an everybody's against us attitude and get proper stuck in. Get the crowd going and that. Just looka at Arsenal.

thecorner
17/08/2004, 11:59 AM
When was the last time a city player was sent off? .

so u need players sent off to be physical ;) ;) ;)

most stupid statement ive ever seen on foot.ie

Just looka at Arsenal.

nah :D

pete
17/08/2004, 12:01 PM
Major problem is feck all quality in the squad.

Bench player are not as good as 1st teamers & Dolan knows that so is slow to remove good players with average players.

Time for Dolan to sign quality players! Stop sigiomng kinds who will be good in few years! We need players good enough for City now!....or at least next season.

thecorner
17/08/2004, 12:20 PM
There's nothing that wrong with City. I mean, a few weeks ago when they played Malmo, Nijmegen and Nantes that team was the greatest thing since sliced bread. We have since had two good results and two poor results, against the two top teams.

and a poor reult result against a poor side U.C.D. :eek:

forget about europe we had time on the ball then

we just arent physically strong enough to challenge for the league and thats whats wrong with city.

do u wanna be like waterford living on past experiences

City Hero
17/08/2004, 12:31 PM
You can't say that 1 or 2 hatchet men in the team will fix everything. Shels won on Saturday without playing a dirty game. The worst tackle in the game was Heary on Kearney, and as has been said before, it wasn't as bad as it looked, and wasn't even a foul. Shels didn't play dirty, they were just stronger. I know its a cliche, but we have avery young team (Average age of back 4 must be about 22 or 23, midfield is about 24 or 25). Over time they will become stringer, and when that happens, we will be the best team in Ireland. I for one am happy to wait a season or 2 more before we are really in a position to challenge consistently as long as we make progress each season, rather than become a team like Waterford.

Heres an idea for a poll; Should the team be changed for next Friday? Yes or No.

Colm
18/08/2004, 3:14 PM
There's nothing that wrong with City. I mean, a few weeks ago when they played Malmo, Nijmegen and Nantes that team was the greatest thing since sliced bread. We have since had two good results and two poor results, against the two top teams. I mean, we just are not as physically strong as Shels but to change that would require a radical overhaul and not just simply buying a hatchet man. It would require a whole change in approach, and I for one would rather see the likes of Doyle and George playing rather than brining in two neanderthals and trying to cripple the opposition...

Great post.
Theres not really much wrong with City, we lost one game and all of a sudden everyone becomes all negative. Nobody was expecting us to win the league this season and we're still on course to finish 2nd or 3rd and get back into Europe.
A few weeks ago during the European oddyssey everyone thought City were the greatest team in the world, the players were our heroes and could do no wrong. We lose one game and all of a sudden theres something wrong with City. When Danny Murphy came over to applaude the Shed on Saturday one or two people actually started roaring abuse at him, that made me furious.... how is that going to help the team in anyway.... they'll just get ****ed off and say fcuk the fans etc. It was disgraceful the way a small few people reacted at full time on Saturday.

namloc
18/08/2004, 3:36 PM
Theres not really much wrong with City, we lost one game and all of a sudden everyone becomes all negative.

It's not just 1 game!!! We've lost in recent weeks to Bohs (1-0), UCD (1-0), Drogs (2-0) & Shels (1-0)...all poor performances without scoring a goal. That's what people are concerned about. There have been good performances in amongst them however (2-0 against WUFC, 3-0 against SPA). It's a matter of consistency, or lack of, that is the problem!

ccfcgirl
18/08/2004, 3:39 PM
ok people were upset by city on saturday but well have to get over it .Hopfully we can get back to winning ways on friday night .

thecorner
18/08/2004, 6:10 PM
they'll just get ****ed off and say fcuk the fans etc. .

bad form about the people booing

but i think the players on the pitch arent gonna go out to play bad coz a few fans booed them

nobody goes out on the pitch to play badly purposely and nor would they start dooing it coz of a fans booing them

p.s i think we and the players know that they are gonna have to step it up a gear if they want europe to be a reality next season again