PDA

View Full Version : heary/cahill(and some $h€l$ bashing)

ccfcman
15/08/2004, 9:04 AM
what a tramp,he's trevor molloy material.i was in the shed and saw hearys "tackle" on kearney in the first half,it was far too hard and IMO he had one thing in mind and it wasnt winning the ball.you could actually here their legs slap together up in the shed when it happened.heary's just another little sh1t from the pale.thugs will like that will forever be restricted to the usual brutish football

also ollie cahill,silly tw@t i think you'll all agree eh?what was with the finger wagging at colin o'brien(besides his jealousy of colins ability :) )

$h€l$ can pi55 off to la coruná during the week and you can sure as hell guess who ill be supporting.im not interested in whats best for the league sheeyite any more,if those rat arsed bast@rds get into the "champions" league groups the league is over

**really on a downer after ydays match** :(

rebel army no1
15/08/2004, 9:19 AM
$h€l$ can pi55 off to la coruná during the week and you can sure as hell guess who ill be supporting.im not interested in whats best for the league sheeyite any more,if those rat arsed bast@rds get into the "champions" league groups the league is over

**really on a downer after ydays match** :(
couldnt agree with ya more, if they get in to the cl groups the league will be over for a long long long time and i hope ollie cahill remembers where his football talent was really found the pric!

GavinZac
15/08/2004, 9:21 AM
dont forget shels are going to get a lot more than 10 million for selling tolka. and if they are serious, they'll spend a lot more than 10 miillion developing a new stadium.

as daunting as shels having an extra 12 million sounds, its not enough to buy the league for years

Fair_play_boy
15/08/2004, 10:03 AM
I think we should get over Ollie's departure from City and recognise that he is a hard working professional whose performance in the pitch is generally decent and honest. He is not a dirty player like Alan Reynolds who loves to wind up the crowd and opposition. I was sickened to hear that a glugger landed on him which was spat from the shed end of Derrynane. Remember Pat Fenlon will probably buy in some new big guns and Ollie may want to transfer to get his game. With treatment like this, do you think he will want to move back to Cork? I for one would love to see him back with City.

RedX
15/08/2004, 11:30 AM
I have to say i am not a fan of Owen Heary but then he is not a City player.I am sure most opposition fans around the country hate our hard man Danny Murphy who is not afraid to put a hard tackle in on the opposition and when he does of course we cheer.I saw Hearys challenge on Kearney yesterday and it was a crunching one.But it was a fair challenge.He won the ball and let Kearney know he was there too.Isnt that what defenders do?In fairness it is a mans game lads.Heary is a very hard and good player.Sometimes a bit to agressive but a player City would love to have.We lost yesterday because we were afraid to match that agression...

razor
15/08/2004, 11:39 AM
I have to say i am not a fan of Owen Heary but then he is not a City player.I am sure most opposition fans around the country hate our hard man Danny Murphy who is not afraid to put a hard tackle in on the opposition and when he does of course we cheer.I saw Hearys challenge on Kearney yesterday and it was a crunching one.But it was a fair challenge.He won the ball and let Kearney know he was there too.Isnt that what defenders do?In fairness it is a mans game lads.Heary is a very hard and good player.Sometimes a bit to agressive but a player City would love to have.We lost yesterday because we were afraid to match that agression...

Have to agree with ya 100%.
Good solid crunching tackle, won the ball and Kearney is afraid of his life for the rest of the game.

If Danny Murphy had done the same thing to Cahill we'd have been loving it.

tiktok
15/08/2004, 7:37 PM
I saw Hearys challenge on Kearney yesterday and it was a crunching one.But it was a fair challenge.He won the ball and let Kearney know he was there too.

Spot on RedX, if Danny had made that tackle on N'Do we would have been cheering.

eastcork
16/08/2004, 8:07 AM
Lads, i was right in front of the two of them when the tackle was made. I would have to agree that it was a fair tackle, but he did go in with the intention to "do" Kearney and he did do him. It did knock the stuffing out of Kearney all right. Ollie Cahill catching Colin O' Brien by the throat was funny. I'd say the whole shed would have been in if anything kicked off from that!

liamon
16/08/2004, 8:23 AM
If Danny Murphy had done the same thing to Cahill we'd have been loving it.
If any of our team ever put in a tackle like that, we'd love it. We're just not physical enough. Great on the ball, but not tough enough when the opposition have it.

razor
16/08/2004, 1:15 PM
If any of our team ever put in a tackle like that, we'd love it. We're just not physical enough. Great on the ball, but not tough enough when the opposition have it.

Fair point, I guess what I meant was that Danny Murphy is our only player actually capable of putting in a tackle like that.

Éanna
16/08/2004, 6:48 PM
heary is a scumbag, but I'd live to have a player with his presence. murphy is good, but not as effective. same goes for rogers and jamie harris. as for ollie, get over it! he was over-rated when he was at city and he still is. we're better off without the likes of him anyway- kearney and nwankwo are both better than him

ollie
16/08/2004, 8:03 PM
heary is a scumbag, but I'd live to have a player with his presence. murphy is good, but not as effective. same goes for rogers and jamie harris. as for ollie, get over it! he was over-rated when he was at city and he still is. we're better off without the likes of him anyway- kearney and nwankwo are both better than him

yea but you can't beat cahill's pace which is very useful no matter what.

RedX
16/08/2004, 11:27 PM
Ollie Cahill was a fantastic player when he was with City.It was his last season maybe that he was poor and clearly needed a change for his career.Ollie on his day is better than Kearney and Nwanko without doubt.I would have him before any of those two any day.He tracks back and also makes brilliant runs still.He has also improved on his passing and crossing since moving to Shels....

liamon
17/08/2004, 8:10 AM
Ollie Cahill was a fantastic player when he was with City........He has also improved on his passing and crossing since moving to Shels.
Agree 100%. He's better than any of our options on the left.

Éanna
17/08/2004, 8:10 PM
Ollie Cahill was a fantastic player when he was with City.It was his last season maybe that he was poor and clearly needed a change for his career.Ollie on his day is better than Kearney and Nwanko without doubt.I would have him before any of those two any day.He tracks back and also makes brilliant runs still.He has also improved on his passing and crossing since moving to Shels....
ollie always managed to look better than he was. he was lazy and inconsistent. he made 2 or 3 good runs per game and did **** all apart from that.

ccfcgirl
17/08/2004, 8:33 PM
,he gets a lot of stick at matches which probly should be knocked in the head by now,id love to see him back at the cross

thecorner
17/08/2004, 8:47 PM
ollie always managed to look better than he was. he was lazy and inconsistent. he made 2 or 3 good runs per game and did **** all apart from that.

fine player,
always was and still is today

have him back no bother at all

balls
17/08/2004, 10:27 PM
rebel army no1 you say u hope ollie c remembers where his football talent was discovered and call him a pric...he had a munster youth and fai junior cup medal in his back pocket by 19 in his home town of clonmel.thats where he was discovered.

DolansWaistcoat
18/08/2004, 6:34 AM

Thats bullsh!t.Ollie was our best player for years.He made great runs,made goals and scored them.He was the only bit of excitement at a lot of our really drab sunday 2 O clock games.To say Kearney and Nwankwo are better than him is really looking through the 'aul City-tinted' glasses,they have a long way to go before anyone can say they are better than Ollie C.I'd have Ollie back in the morning.

patsh
18/08/2004, 7:04 AM
Ollie will NEVER come back to City.

The abuse he gets is way ott.

razor
18/08/2004, 8:18 AM
Thats bullsh!t.Ollie was our best player for years.He made great runs,made goals and scored them.He was the only bit of excitement at a lot of our really drab sunday 2 O clock games.To say Kearney and Nwankwo are better than him is really looking through the 'aul City-tinted' glasses,they have a long way to go before anyone can say they are better than Ollie C.I'd have Ollie back in the morning.

And then he went and sold his soul to the devil.
Sorry I mean Ollie Byrne. :D
Not saying the boy isn't a good footballer but I for one would never have him back.
Let him rot in (S)Hell

DolansWaistcoat
18/08/2004, 8:36 AM
Ollie will NEVER come back to City.

The abuse he gets is way ott.

Ya your right there,he'd never come back and the abuse can be a bit much at times,but he has to expect that.

yiddo
18/08/2004, 8:22 PM
Kearney and Nwanko better than Cahill ?
FFS say what you want about Cahill being a Judas etc and its probabely all true but Kearney and Nwanko wouldn't tie his boots ! You might as well say that Cotter was better than Danny Murphy and that Doyle would never be as good as Buckley :D :D

Slash/ED
19/08/2004, 1:06 AM
as for ollie, get over it! he was over-rated when he was at city and he still is. we're better off without the likes of him anyway- kearney and nwankwo are both better than him

:D

Brilliant Éanna, even by your pathetic standards :D

adamcarr
19/08/2004, 1:40 AM
Cahill was very poor the other day but he didnt get in last years team of the year for nothing!

razor
19/08/2004, 7:49 AM
Cahill was very poor the other day but he didnt get in last years team of the year for nothing!

To be honest, I haven't really seen him put in a good performance at the Cross since he left.
I reckon the abuse definitely has an effect on him.
He is a good player but easily put off, one crunching tackle or a few boos and biblical references usually do the trick.

Éanna
20/08/2004, 4:45 PM
:D

Brilliant Éanna, even by your pathetic standards :D
Who asked you jackeen? I said as much when he was at city, I always thought he was over-rated. The guy has talent, no doubt about it, but he's a lazy *****. If he worked hard (maybe he's doing so with shels I dunno) he could have been a lot better. He may have been the most talented player we had then, but we're so much better in every department nowadays. I honestly don't think he's better than Kearney (maybe the Nwankwo thing was an exaggeration) and i wouldn't have him back. I've no problem with him going to shels and I'm bored by people who regard him as a traitor and abuse him after games- he was playing for city when we were playing crap football under a clueless manager and was offered better money at a better team- what would you do? I hear he's a nice guy, so good luck to him.

A face
20/08/2004, 5:28 PM
The thing with Ollie is he was missing for half the year, even in critical games. If Ollie was off form he was consistant at it. Then a few months later and Ollie is tearing the place up. No way .... we are better off now definitely !!

Also if he raised his head when he was dribbling, it might have looked as if he knew where he was going.

The Sheliban
20/08/2004, 9:26 PM
I've criticised Ollie often enough since he came to Shels. There have been times I've suspected him of running into positions where its impossible for him to get the ball, and there have been plenty of games where he's been totally anonymous.
However, recently, there's been a big improvement. He's tracking back a lot more than he used to, and I'm sure Crawley's recent level of performance is down to Ollie's help. And he's running into good positions and taking on the fullback more regularly now.
With regard the Judas thing and not accepting him back - the stick Ollie gets was nothing compared to the hatred levelled at Peter Hutton by Derry fans when he came to Shels, yet they accepted him back with open arms!

The Sheliban
20/08/2004, 9:31 PM
Conor,
All players are Judases. Otherwise they would still be playing with their local pub team. Basically everyone gravitates to the highest level where they can earn the most money, just as they do in the real world.
The difference between the Mo Johnsons and Alan Smith is when you join your deadliest rivals, after spending years with one club, being a folk hero among the fans, and then going off to a club you know your fans particularly despise.
Come to think of it, Cork fans seem to despise most clubs...

Éanna
21/08/2004, 9:02 PM
Come to think of it, Cork fans seem to despise most clubs...
seeing as most dubs think nothing exists outside of their poxy city, then yes we do. we don't like "youse" and seeing as most of "youse" think "youse" are all that exists, then most would be accurate enough