PDA

View Full Version : We are so far behind $h£l$.......

patsh
14/08/2004, 11:17 PM
We are so far behind $h£l$ thats it not funny anymore.
Before the game, I had a pint in the Turner's Cross Tavern.
In came Jason Byrne, Thomas Morgan and that fuppin slimeball Fitzpatrick to watch the Dubs getting beaten at bogball. They had no part to play in todays game.
When it suited him, Nuttsy took off Ndo and Moore.
For us, Dolan brought on Nwanko, Gamble and Behan.
Nwanko, as we have seen, is probably worth a place, but when $h£l$ sign an Irish international like Alan Moore, and we take a non-league reject like Gamble, I think that tells us something.
We are not competing.
If we are serious about winning a major competition, something has got to change.
I saw Hoggie after the game, fit, ready and willing, but he is not even on the bench. Where is Steve O'Flynn?

I'm p*ssed off and fairly jarred, but sober enough to realise that we won't win the league by 2015, never mind 2005.
Off the field we have improved enormously, but on the field, we are still in the SPA, Derry, Waterford section of the league.

I hate $h£l$ with a passion, but though it kills me to say it, they are superior to us in every way.
We either start spending money on players, pay the wages, pay the signng on fees, or pack it in.
Whats the bets we have about a 1,000 out the Cross to see CHFDC next Friday?

I'll tell you something, it hurts to walk out of the Cross on nights like this.........:(

Fair_play_boy
14/08/2004, 11:27 PM
Get over it and focus on next Friday FFS.

Schunter Netz
15/08/2004, 12:52 AM
Patsh is spot on. Whatever excuses we make tonight - city were poor, the bench is hopeless, hoofing as a tactic or an instinctive fallback, name your complaint - the reality that was demonstrated tonight is that Shelbourne are a class above us. The dream we all lived out was that if we beat Shels tonight we were proven to be in their league. The reality is that we now have to try to catch Drogheda to get second place, and they are a much better side than we thought they were. Hmmm...a very sobering evening.

thecorner
15/08/2004, 12:56 AM
never read such a ture word

they are light years ahead

only players to play were fenn and danny,the rest were just watching in awe

GavinZac
15/08/2004, 9:07 AM
could of sworn it was cockneys and brummies and two fairly good corkmen that kept the irish team going

GavinZac
15/08/2004, 9:24 AM
you'd hardly call dunne and kennedy saviours of irish football now would ya. and what impact have reid and carr had?

patsh
15/08/2004, 10:27 AM
Get over it and focus on next Friday FFS.Well considered and thoughtful response to the humiliation we just went through.....:rolleyes:

niamh
15/08/2004, 10:35 AM
I hope those who were "glad" we went out of the Cup to UCD are having a think. I thought then City had lost out on their chance of silverware for the season and it has been proven by losses to Drogs and Shels, BOTH of whom were better than City.
At the moment it leaves us with Intertoto again IF we hold off Bohs, Rovers and Waterford.
I am disguisted but not surprised.

SSS
15/08/2004, 11:00 AM
It's pathetic. We need 2nd place for the Setanta Cup or else we fall further behind. At the moment Drogs and shels are better because they are full-time. End of story and we will remain this far behind unless we reach that status.

Losing to UCD was the biggest downer of them all like yet people thought it was a great thing so we could concentrate on the league. We are struggling for 3rd place now FFS.

True. And apparently the recent losses to Limerick, UCD and our three rivals for Euro/Setanta - Shels, Bohs and Drogs - (without scoring once) were glitches and there are plenty of games left to turn it around and we still had to play Shels twice (implying two victories) . :rolleyes: :mad:

It's bad enough to fall behind Shels, but if Drogs take 2nd, they'll pull further ahead too.

We'll beat Roddy next week and suddenly it'll be all back on again.. :rolleyes: