PDA

View Full Version : Men against Boys..

RedX
14/08/2004, 8:18 PM
Today was the 2nd time in succession that the same team came to Turners X and beat us with the same agressive tactics.Obviously we did not learn first time around.When there was a thread on here during the week i predicted that we would sneak todays game 1-0 or 2-1.I also mentioned that if we did not match Shels agression we would lose.We did not match there agression and lost.I do not like the way they play but fair play to them they always know how to look after us.Shels looked tired today as did City but they still outfought us for nearly every ball.I am a big fan of Georgie but in fairness he never performed and yet stayed on for 90 minutes.I cant remember being so frustrated watching City in a long time.If we do decide to bring in a new player during the transfer window i just hope he is a big strong bloke because we are a badly missing strength and height in our team if we need to change it.It has helped Shels into the Champions League.I think Brian Lennox will be very dissapointed tonight....

adamcarr
14/08/2004, 8:20 PM
Today was the 2nd time in succession that the same team came to Turners X and beat us with the same agressive tactics.Obviously we did not learn first time around.When there was a thread on here during the week i predicted that we would sneak todays game 1-0 or 2-1.I also mentioned that if we did not match Shels agression we would lose.We did not match there agression and lost.I do not like the way they play but fair play to them they always know how to look after us.Shels looked tired today as did City but they still outfought us for nearly every ball.I am a big fan of Georgie but in fairness he never performed and yet stayed on for 90 minutes.I cant remember being so frustrated watching City in a long time.If we do decide to bring in a new player during the transfer window i just hope he is a big strong bloke because we are a badly missing strength and height in our team if we need to change it.It has helped Shels into the Champions League.I think Brian Lennox will be very dissapointed tonight....
Maybe Sweeney could have made a difference!

SSS
14/08/2004, 8:26 PM

Not from what I've seen of him in the U21 games.
Greg might have been of use, but no point including him in our thoughts I suppose.

tiktok
14/08/2004, 8:26 PM
I would have thrown Behan on for Woods and put Doyle out wide right.
For all his faults Denis would have had a good tussle with Rogers and may even have broke some ball to him.

George was missing this evening, shouldn't have stayed on, he's allowed an off night but it's a shame he had to have it in such an important game.

Men against Boys sums it up though

SSS
14/08/2004, 8:33 PM
George was missing this evening, shouldn't have stayed on, he's allowed an off night but it's a shame he had to have it in such an important game.

Men against Boys sums it up though

Lordan, Danny, Colin, George & Kearney all had off nights IMO.
Even though I thought Fenn and Doyle did OK in the first half, even then we were fairly toothless in front of goal..

Lordan lost possession three times in the second half - not stray passes, actually having it and losing it at his feet. Dangerous thing for a fullback. C'mon Hoggie.

tiktok
14/08/2004, 8:37 PM
Lordan, Danny, Colin, George & Kearney all had off nights IMO.

yeah, I agree, I wasn't trying to single Georgie out.

IMO Benno, Fenn and maybe Doyler did ok, poor service didn;t help our front two though.

RedX
14/08/2004, 8:37 PM
I think i would have done the same tiktok.Behan would have thrown himself about a bit and let them know he is there.Georgie is a fantastic player and usually is one of our most agressive lads.Unfortunately it was a rear off night for the guy..

SSS
14/08/2004, 8:43 PM
Sweeney is hopeless from what I've seen of the U-21's.

And why Behan keeps coming on ahead of Jamie Nolan is a joke.

Agree on both counts, other than to suggest that Behan is more of a target man and offers an alternative as opposed to Nolan who is similar to Doyle and Flynny. Not saying I agree with that, but it's probably the reason..

pete
14/08/2004, 9:29 PM

You havin a laugh? We really need another small player in against Byrne & Crawford.

One of worst city "performances" in a long time. Too many top players failed to even play average.

:( :( :(