PDA

View Full Version : Hats Off To The Shed

Fair_play_boy
14/08/2004, 7:05 PM
Lads, the singing ye kept up was fantastic. The only silence I heard in the whole match was a few stunned seconds after the goal. And I put that down to politeness to allow the 34 Shelsea fans to clear their throats and give their team a shout. But you know what? They couldn't be heard more than a few feet away.
What a brilliant support base we have.
LONG LIVE THE SHEDDITES!!!!!!!!!!

adamcarr
14/08/2004, 7:11 PM
I was singing but I was sure we were not gonna score. When the final whistle went, it was heartbreaking! :(

namloc
14/08/2004, 7:34 PM
I thought the overall attendance was poor enough for such an important game, no more than the usual crowd at the cross. Having said that the Shed was great and in full voice!! City were quite poor espcially in the second half, never got going at all and didn't create a decent chance apart from the one that was cleared off the line. I wonder how many will be at the Dublin City game friday night??

Fair_play_boy
14/08/2004, 9:21 PM
I thought the overall attendance was poor enough for such an important game, no more than the usual crowd at the cross. Having said that the Shed was great and in full voice!! City were quite poor espcially in the second half, never got going at all and didn't create a decent chance apart from the one that was cleared off the line. I wonder how many will be at the Dublin City game friday night??
Remember this week last year? With so many away the at the GAA game and others on holiday, we had barely 2500. Today's attendance (considering the small number of Shelsea supporters) was good by comparison.

max power
15/08/2004, 1:29 AM
watching it on tv lot of noise, well done.

Counting Crow
15/08/2004, 10:44 AM
Agree fully here.

Fair play to everyone. Normally go in there ( had my kids with me yesterday so I sat near the "Corner" ) so it was good to see it from another perspective - very loud and kept going throughout.

English couple ( QPR fans ) sitting behind me were impressed and enjoyed the banter and songs. They thought the Big Flags were superb.

Well done everyone - great show of support.

Test will come next Friday however.

Wonder how many we have lost now after yesterday's result? Hopefully we've done enough to convince some of the newcomers to stay onboard.