PDA

View Full Version : What is the manager doing?!?!?!?

Chris
14/08/2004, 1:11 PM
What is he doing??????????? I hear a rumour that he's 'got rid' of 15 of the players!

De Town
14/08/2004, 1:15 PM
What is he doing???????????

Doing his best to make your club even more fcuked up ;)

Chris
14/08/2004, 1:20 PM
I know two of the guys - phil huges and killian brennan - some of the best talent in the club! Not sure this manger has a clue!

Longfordian
14/08/2004, 1:25 PM
If they've contracts he cant just "get rid of them". Maybe at the end of the season but isn't Roddy himself only contracted until then?..If he was trying to get rid of them he'd have to find clubs for them or settle their contracts, either way its unlikely but you wouldnt know what Roddy will do.Id imagine settling 15 contracts would be fairly expensive!

De Town
14/08/2004, 1:25 PM
I know two of the guys - phil huges and killian brennan - some of the best talent in the club! Not sure this manger has a clue!

he's hardly let go of Gary O'Neill :o

Chris
14/08/2004, 1:48 PM
Dont know too much with regards to the contracts or whether they're playing to the end of year but its still shocking! He played 4 new players on thurs and they made no impact! Not sure this manager is guna mak smart decisions for the club.

Sheridan
14/08/2004, 2:54 PM
If he's released Killian (unless he's crocked till the end of the season) and replaced him with anyone below the standard of Damien Duff, he should be strung up.

Hopefully the rumours aren't true, though. First I've heard of them.

Sheridan
14/08/2004, 4:24 PM
It's true. The full list of players released:

Alan Keely; Wes Byrne, Ben Whelehan, Keith Foy, Killian Brennan, Pierre Ennis, Jason Colwell, Ray Scully, Robbie Collins, Robbie Farrell, Dave McGill, Barry Burke, Philip Hughes, Chris Deans.

Players retained: Robbie Horgan, Barry Ryan, Tony O'Connor, Thomas McGauley, Derek Griffin, Paul Crowley, Don Tierney, Cathal O'Connor, Gary O'Neill, Peter Hynes, Scott Friel, Ronnie Henry, Marc Kenny

Letting Killian, McGill and Deans go is madness. Roddy must have lost it completely.

max power
14/08/2004, 5:55 PM
ha ha hes a looper.

Chris
14/08/2004, 6:04 PM
I agree, dont know what roddy is playing at?! the signings he made this week had no effect on thurs and dublin still lost. i think the club will suffer with this decision of roddy's and he will walk away at the end of the season!!!!! struggle to believe that the club supported this decision.

tiktok
14/08/2004, 8:15 PM
The full list of players released:
Alan Keely; Wes Byrne, Ben Whelehan, Keith Foy, Killian Brennan, Pierre Ennis, Jason Colwell, Ray Scully, Robbie Collins, Robbie Farrell, Dave McGill, Barry Burke, Philip Hughes, Chris Deans.

Oh. My. God. :eek:
Rod works in mysterious ways :D

TheSaint2002
15/08/2004, 10:15 AM
Sad to say but Keith Foy has to be finished now being released by Dub City has to be the final straw in what could have been a great career :(

Longfordian
15/08/2004, 1:13 PM
I heard a rumour last night which is probably just that, but its been doing the rounds in Dublin, that "The Rod" is trying to ruin Ronan Seery so himself and his mates can take control of the club. As I said probably just a rumour but it was doing the rounds in football circles during the week. Certainly getting rid of 14 players with no replacements signed looks like lunacy. Any time I saw Killian Brennan he looked a very decent player, Hughes is quite decent too. I'd say ye're players cant stand Roddy..

Sheridan
15/08/2004, 1:17 PM
I heard a rumour last night which is probably just that, but its been doing the rounds in Dublin, that "The Rod" is trying to ruin Ronan Seery so himself and his mates can take control of the club. As I said probably just a rumour but it was doing the rounds in football circles during the week.
Can't see why he'd do that. If this gamble doesn't come off and the club is ruined, Roddy's remaining credibility will be utterly destroyed and he'll never manage again.

Killian Brennan is indeed a class player. He'd walk into most Premier Division teams, and he's only nineteen. Crazy to let him go.

Longfordian
15/08/2004, 1:25 PM
Yeah you're probably right but nothing Roddy does would surprise me

Martinho II
15/08/2004, 9:25 PM
:confused:

shocking carryon from the rodstar and even letting go two ex town players wes byrne and robbie farrell- the man is a muppet -wouldnt ya think he would have given them to the end of the season?

roddie defo will get bohs job in a few weeks time at the end of the season if bohs persist with gary howlett!

Pauro 76
16/08/2004, 9:17 AM
Thats a weird one, what is he doing??? Theres a difference between clearing out dead wood and clearing out the entire fecking squad? Wonder what does the Dublin City fan think about it all?
As a Town fan, i say RODDY IN!!!!

Dick Long
16/08/2004, 9:38 AM
Is it not just a case of them all being placed on the transfer list, basically alerting clubs to their (possible) availability? Maybe it's Roddy's perverse idea of the ultimate wake-up call. After losing to Pat's and Derry they are all but doomed and perhaps he sees it as a last-gasp chance of giving certain players the ultimate jolt and he actually has no intention of culling the more obvious one but wants them all to realise no one is safe!?!

Longfordian
16/08/2004, 10:33 AM
He told them all individually they have no future at Dublin City and was on about finding them new clubs and wishing them all well

Rovers Fellow!
16/08/2004, 3:05 PM
But he has to be given a chance. If he's transfer listing alot of players, theres obviously a reason. Im sure he's got signings lined up. He has good contacts in england and I know from good sources he has a few players coming over. Remember, he did something similiar at Bohs, and look what happened to them, double winners within 2 years and a few good uefa cup wins. He may be a looper alrite, but he's a looper I wouldnt mind having as manager.

Longfordian
16/08/2004, 3:08 PM
If it was the start of the sason fair enough but he's only got less than 15 games to sort it out, and they're quickly being cut adrift, how long will it take to get a new team to gel, plus the type of players the Rod brings in end up expensive

Macy
16/08/2004, 3:15 PM
even letting go two ex town players wes byrne and robbie farrell- the man is a muppet -wouldnt ya think he would have given them to the end of the season?

Not sure about them two - they weren't good enough for us in the premier, so why would they be good enough for CHF. They're decent 1st division players.

Pauro 76
16/08/2004, 7:55 PM
Yeah but who has Roddy in mind them to replace them? I suppose he'll get his old magic book of contacts out and sign Ronaldo or Zidane... :confused:

drummerboy
17/08/2004, 3:15 PM
Can anyone tell me if the players have left the club already or have they just been placed on the transfer list. If they were released their contracts would have to be paid, presumably?

Sheridan
17/08/2004, 3:25 PM
Can anyone tell me if the players have left the club already or have they just been placed on the transfer list. If they were released their contracts would have to be paid, presumably?
That's what I've been trying to find out. I reckon they're still on the club's books, but won't be involved for the rest of the season. Can't get a straight answer though, as the club seems to have shut up shop.

Longfordian
17/08/2004, 3:37 PM
They all have contracts and Id say some of them are two year ones, its all very well saying we're getting rid of all these players but if no-one comes in for them you're left paying their wages plus the wages of any new players, which ultimately leaves the club in a dangerous situation, I mean you were never exactly flush to begin with..

Sheridan
17/08/2004, 3:43 PM
They all have contracts and Id say some of them are two year ones,
I'd be very, very surprised if anyone other than Gary O'Neill has a two-year contract.

Heard on the radio last night that clubs may have shown interest in around ten of those released.

Fair_play_boy
17/08/2004, 3:55 PM
As a Town fan, i say RODDY IN!!!!
Me too, as a city fan. Wish more opposition managers were like Rod. :D

joeSoap
18/08/2004, 12:18 PM
I think you'll find that these players haven't been released, but put on the transfer list. Theres a difference. The club will listen to offers for them, none of them will be given away, unless they're really crap.And lets face it, they do need a kick up the arses and this is roddys way of telling them to shape up or ship out.
I'm not saying I necessarily agree with it, but thats all he's doing.