PDA

View Full Version : B&B's

Thirsty Hoop
14/08/2004, 11:07 AM
Gents,

To coincide with the cup game, myself and my Hooped allies are hoping to spend a pleasurable evening in Longford next Saturday. Perhaps you could be so kind as to recommend an establishment which would put us up for the night. Any B&Bs / inexpensive guesthouses in the town?

Regards,

Thirsty

Maz
14/08/2004, 11:09 AM
not trying to offend but im not sure too many B&Bs would be willing to put up too many of your fans........a few of whom caused trouble on yer last visit to Flancare! i know its not all.......but you can understand why people would be a bit weary!!

Maz
14/08/2004, 11:18 AM
dont get me wrong.......i know not every rovers fan caused trouble.....but its only natural that people would be hesistant about taking them on as guests!

Thirsty Hoop
14/08/2004, 11:59 AM
If they want to ban the troublemakers from Flancare, they should start with that baldy security bloke who was the cause of the trouble.
Not saying that our lot covered themselves in glory, but it wouldn't be the first time that away fans have had 'problems' with your security.
We stay in B&B's all over the country and there's never any hassle. Plus, by the time the sun comes up on Sunday morning, a few extra million will have been added to the Longford economy!

RockofGibraltar
14/08/2004, 12:26 PM
Yeah stay in Dublin ye pack of scumbags

Thirsty Hoop
14/08/2004, 12:55 PM
My God, I didn't think that even culchies could sink to such depths of idiocy. Honestly, you boggers never cease to amaze.

Longfordian
14/08/2004, 1:00 PM
In fairness people most of the Rovers fans are decent people no point tarring them all with the one brush. I cant think of any B&Bs offhand, maybe The Anvil pub but if you got on to the tourist office they would probably have a list

Maz
14/08/2004, 1:03 PM
i did make it clear not all were trouble makers..........but naturally people will be cautious!

Longfordian
14/08/2004, 1:05 PM
I was referring more to whoever said "stay in Dublin ye scumbags"..

Maz
14/08/2004, 1:08 PM
ya no need for that lads!!

De Town
14/08/2004, 1:14 PM
yeah im with Longfordian on this one. Most Rovers fans are decent its just the minority who ruin the reputation of the club/decent fans.

Martinho II
14/08/2004, 3:08 PM
lads, those earlier comments were a bit uncalled for! there are a decent contingent of rovers supporters who are the exact same as ourselves-loyal and passionate.

thirsty, pv fallons is a good spot to stay there- they have overnight accomodation not sure about the price though send me a pm and I will give you a list of accomodations to stay in plus tel nos!

Richmond court is another one as well along with the anvil!

max power
14/08/2004, 3:46 PM
If they want to ban the troublemakers from Flancare, they should start with that baldy security bloke who was the cause of the trouble.
Not saying that our lot covered themselves in glory, but it wouldn't be the first time that away fans have had 'problems' with your security.
We stay in B&B's all over the country and there's never any hassle. Plus, by the time the sun comes up on Sunday morning, a few extra million will have been added to the Longford economy!

are Rovers Angels, i live in Inchicore and have seen the blameless rovers first hand, i'd rather if yee stayed away too. That is my personal view and not related to any other comments.

RockofGibraltar
15/08/2004, 8:13 AM
To the Rovers Fans:
Sorry for callin ye scumbags lads, i'm sure most of ye are sound.
Just last time ye were in Flancare, my 2 little cousins got caught in that big scrap behind the goals. They are both only around 4 or 5 years of age and they got knocked onto the ground by some of your 'supporters', luckily they werent templed on. They got a real fright, so naturally enough I was angry with the rovers fans.
I'M sure that its just a minority that take part in this violence and hooliganism
so sorry for blackening the names of the decent fans..