PDA

View Full Version : Corcaigh

dahamsta
14/08/2004, 1:51 AM
I've been meaning to set up a mailing list for a while now, an alternative to PROC, a more intelligent version of same. Like, a community where you can ask silly questions like:

"Where can I get $suchAndSuch in Cork?"
"Any chance of a bit of fun on Mondays, apart from $yerKnow?"
"How far is it from $neah to $diddle?"

Silly stuff like that. But I'm also mad ticked off with that arse argument that there's nothing to do in Cork, so I want to organise a few, uh... outages....

...from days out at the beach, to plain-jane eL City matches, to evenings in rifle ranges, to nights in the CAT Club. So, first of all, am I over-reaching?

Assuming I'm not, how about firing some ideas out there? Madder the better! :)

adam

Troy.McClure
14/08/2004, 2:47 AM
Sounds good alright, Ive no idea how youre going to go about organising it though and you'll probably find the PROC site tough competitian. Give it a lash though, Id certainly give it a look.

ccfcman
14/08/2004, 7:52 AM
as a member of irelandoffline i can indeed see this happening as that was the weirdest site i ever signed up to,proc is a floggged cliché which while attempting to be humorous falls half a mile short,like,biy,ehm no

adam fire up an alternative website there sure,but dont use the foot.ie server!

my suggestions would be campin up the arse side of a mountain,and will people ever check out corkc alternative scene ie.go to the mutton lane for 8% beers at least 50times befor you keel over and fall into yer graves

or we can all go to reardens( :rolleyes: )

dahamsta
20/08/2004, 4:49 PM
Meant to reply to this ages ago, but couldn't remember where I posted it!

Troy, we wouldn't be competing with PROC as it would be a mailing list and not a forum, and additionally I wouldn't allow messing on the scale PROC allow. It would be much more like Foot.ie on that front.

But it /wouldn't/ be just Foot.ie, I'd be inviting everyone I know personally and everyone on the local mailing lists I'm on too.

adam

dahamsta
23/08/2004, 3:53 PM
http://lists.beecher.net/mailman/listinfo/cork