PDA

View Full Version : Liam Murphy - sound bloke

Counting Crow
13/08/2004, 11:45 PM
Met Liam Murphy today at The Cross when I was getting tickets for tomorrow's game.

Started chatting to the guy and have to say he is a top man. He stayed chatting for ages and was very interesting to listen to. We spoke about the up and coming youths players, the current U-21 Team, his role in getting Flynny and Georgie on board etc. He said he had lined up Daryl Murphy and Vinny Sullivan also but they changed their minds at the last minute and went to Waterford ( while he was on holidays ). I thanked him for getting the two best players in the league to the Cross and he seemed genuinely chuffed ( as so well he might ).

He spoke very highly of Softic and Gutherie aand said they are definately ones for the future. Spoke about Softic and what a dedicated family he has who support him 100% in his football ( he has an Irish passport now believe it or not ).

He reckons the U-21 Team is so talented this year that the only way they will loose is if they get too cocky........says someting about our under age system.......the best in the country.

He had some interesting thoughts on $hell$ and said the lads are definately up for the game.

Nice bloke and certainly knows his stuff. :cool:

thecorner
14/08/2004, 12:29 AM
I thanked him for getting the two best players in the league to the Cross and he seemed genuinely chuffed ( as so well he might ).
:

did the same over in nantes

but honestly when chatting to him in nantes, whoever is this years world mr personality,watch ur back :rolleyes:

ccfcman
14/08/2004, 8:22 AM
right eh anyway,no the guy is quite nice and seems as if he genuinely knows what hes talking about