PDA

View Full Version : New FAI logo ??

thejollyrodger
13/08/2004, 10:27 PM
what is the story with the launch of the new FAI logo ? Is it going ahead ? It needs to, the existing one is as poxy as a 3rd rate former eastern block country:)

does anyone have a link for it ?

ccfcman
14/08/2004, 7:59 AM
when is it available on the jerseys?does that mean new umbro ireland jerseys also(this isnt cross posting by the by)

thejollyrodger
14/08/2004, 9:25 PM
about time, i thought they done this months ago...

our existing FAI logo is UGLY /... i would love to see the new one

tarzan_bray
16/08/2004, 12:11 PM
about time, i thought they done this months ago...

our existing FAI logo is UGLY /... i would love to see the new one

i know someone in the FAI who's seen it and they say it's really nice

green goblin
16/08/2004, 1:23 PM
when is it available on the jerseys?does that mean new umbro ireland jerseys also(this isnt cross posting by the by)
You'd normally expect to see a sale on the old jerseys if this was the case- but I can't think how they could introduce a new badge without changing the jerseys. :rolleyes: Maybe you can apply for an upgrade kit, complete with new badge, thread and details on how to uninstall the old one?

green goblin
16/08/2004, 1:35 PM
Ahem. it's not this, is it?

http://www.worldgames-iwga.org/vsite/vcontent/content/news/0,10869,1044-16941-18091-4769-130111-news-item,00.html

World Air Sports, whatever they are, also call themselves the FAI and have a new logo thi ssummer..? :confused:

Robinski
16/08/2004, 2:06 PM
I've seen it and think its much better than the existing one (not that that's very hard).

lopez
16/08/2004, 3:42 PM
Ahem. it's not this, is it?

http://www.worldgames-iwga.org/vsite/vcontent/content/news/0,10869,1044-16941-18091-4769-130111-news-item,00.html

World Air Sports, whatever they are, also call themselves the FAI and have a new logo thi ssummer..? :confused:Or this one?

http://personales.mundivia.es/pasoalaverdad/

Certainly anarchism is something you find around Merrion Mansions.

brine3
16/08/2004, 6:07 PM
I've seen it, it's a little picture of football players having a kickabout on a parking lot.

Dan K
16/08/2004, 10:08 PM
does that mean new umbro ireland jerseys also
From the FAI:

Also in the pipeline for the FAI is a new logo which Rooney is hoping will be launched before the World Cup qualifiers. “There is never a good time for a Football Association to launch a new logo and we are in discussions with our primary sponsors, eircom and Umbro, about the launch time.”

A new merchandising range is also been planned as Rooney pointed out, our aim is to develop football at grass roots level, maintain and improve our current ranking, improve the League and continue to develop players.

“We played over 100 international games last season – more than many other countries and the reality is, it costs money.

“We can never have enough money to do what we want to do and we have to look at all revenue streams.”

So the new shirts are being designed to fund the FAI's grassroots programmes, eh?

Cynical, me? ;)

thejollyrodger
17/08/2004, 8:17 AM
well its not long till the 2006 qualifiers come up, hope to see this new logo soon. I think the N.I one is nice

Lionel Ritchie
17/08/2004, 8:31 AM
well its not long till the 2006 qualifiers come up, hope to see this new logo soon. I think the N.I one is nice

Agreed. You dont see the IFA whimsically feckin around with their logo so they can whore it to the punters either. Sure why dont we redo the flag and it's colours every few years while we're at it if it's "revenue streams" we're interested in.
I'll be glad to see the back of the "current" logo mind you as, much like the only once worn Orange shirts, it looks like it was designed for to placate the dobbers interest in "club" and "street" wear.

tarzan_bray
17/08/2004, 5:00 PM
Agreed. You dont see the IFA whimsically feckin around with their logo so they can whore it to the punters either. Sure why dont we redo the flag and it's colours every few years while we're at it if it's "revenue streams" we're interested in.
I'll be glad to see the back of the "current" logo mind you as, much like the only once worn Orange shirts, it looks like it was designed for to placate the dobbers interest in "club" and "street" wear.

a mate of mine used to hit the town with the orange jersey and brown trousers, serious clash, it always reminded me of McAteer's kung fu kick
against Macedonia

liam88
17/08/2004, 5:12 PM
I think the N.I one is nice

It's hard to see the Nord Iron team as the narsty UDA bunch some make 'em out to be, because a Celtic Cross on a green shirt is very nice...

thejollyrodger
18/08/2004, 7:42 AM
NEXT Wednesday a new look Football Association of Ireland will be publicly unveiled at a reception in a Dublin hotel.

On display will be a new logo, a new range of merchandising and a revamped website.

The design of the new crest is a closely guarded secret but we are being told that when we finally get to see it, an image that represents "the new professional FAI" will appear before our eyes.

But the FAI needs more than a new logo if it's to change the public's perception of it. To the public, and a large number of its rank and file members, cosmetic changes will not be enough to change their perception of the organisation.

There are many good people employed by the FAI, as well as many volunteers up and down the country, who are working tirelessly to promote the game. But their efforts are being continually thwarted by the same culture that has stymied the association for years, and will continue to hamper it in the future.

The recent sacking of Honorary Secretary Kevin Fahy is another example of how the political in-fighting within the FAI continues to dominate the agenda and it seems no amount of re-branding will stop that.

It is ironic that the two people appointed to the FAI Officer Board since Saipan, and the commissioning of the Genesis Report, are now gone. Fahy and Brendan Dillon were not singing off the hymn sheet as those conducting the choir at Merrion Square and so felt they had no alternative but to leave.

Eircom League Chairman Dillon was quickly driven to a point where he felt he had to resign because his working relationship with FAI Chief Executive Fran Rooney and Honorary Treasurer John Delaney had deteriorated to such an extent that it was, in his opinion, damaging the workings of the League.

"People have asked me to reconsider my decision but as long as Fran Rooney and John Delaney are involved in the FAI I don't see myself having any involvement," said Dillon at the time of his departure last January.

Fahy was humiliatingly removed two weeks ago when 42 members of the National Council voted him out of office after a campaign fronted by the president Milo Corcoran.

The writer Arthur Koestler once observed that if the creator had a purpose in equipping us with a neck, he surely meant us to stick it out. Fahy stretched his so farthat it must have taken up the entire chopping block.

By all accounts, he was like a dog with a bone at meetings as he persistently sought answers to his questions.

"You have to know when to stop digging and Kevin didn't know when to stop digging," was the observation of Corcoran after the August 6 meeting, a quote that wouldn't have been out of place had it been uttered in a Sopranos episode.

Several long-serving FAI legislators, with vast experience of how to survive in the Merrion Square minefields, have suggested that while Fahy was right to air his fears and suspicions, he went about it the wrong way, left himself vulnerable and walked straight into an ambush.

"I think a lot of people will think twice and three times before they ask any questions or pursue answers if they are not satisfied with what they get. I think that is one of the inevitable outcomes of something like this," said Fahy.

The Genesis Report was heralded as a defining moment in the association's history and the start of the FAI evolving into a world-class sporting organisation.

But the problem was that the Genesis Report was supposed to only deal with what happened in Saipan and to provide recommendations on the future preparations of our international teams.

But, somewhere along the way, it broadened its scope to make suggestions about the legislative and organisational structure of the association without conducting a detailed study of this area. It is still a source of amazement that prominent legislators, like former UEFA vice-president and FAI Honorary Secretary Des Casey, weren't even interviewed by the Genesis people.

So what we got were cosmetic changes. A new ten-person board, seven committees and an extended national council and, in hindsight, it now smacks of Animal Farm. Four legs are good but two legs are even better.

The same faces remain, the 'mé fein' culture prevails and people will continue to do what is necessary to ensure their section of the game gets the funding they badly need to survive, even if their conscience is being torn apart.

Rooney says change will take time but it will take more than new logos before people believe the FAI has changed its spots.

Peadar
18/08/2004, 3:49 PM
Made up a story about needing it to put on flyers for a charity raffle but they did not fall for it.

I'm so glad that they didn't.
How foolish they'd have looked.

robbie-keane
18/08/2004, 8:46 PM
I really like the old logo. Why are they changing it? I can't understand that. I think a logo has a tradition in it and it's also the logo ireland had in the World Cup 2002 and that was a great time...

thejollyrodger
18/08/2004, 9:15 PM
thats a joke right?

robbie-keane
19/08/2004, 2:46 PM
It was serious no joke! What's wrong with the old logo? I like it... (and that's the truth!)

Peadar
19/08/2004, 3:35 PM
It was serious no joke! What's wrong with the old logo? I like it... (and that's the truth!)

What about the logo from the 80's??
That was nicer I think.

Gaz
19/08/2004, 5:32 PM
.. the logo is pure manky. Although better than the sort of logos here in the US, which are always marketed to be "trendy."

robbie-keane
19/08/2004, 8:06 PM
Maybe I like the logo because I'm from Germany and the DFB-Logo is so boring. http://www.laughinghyena.net/LogoServer/Soccer/DFBLogo.GIF

thejollyrodger
21/08/2004, 8:12 PM
ever look at the brasilian or Dutch logo, its something that doesnt age or look tacky after a few years. what we need is a CREST not ANOTHER UGLY LOGO. they could do something imaginative with the four proviences etc..

eirebhoy
22/08/2004, 10:12 PM
http://www.soccercentral.ie/viewstory.asp?id=13712&mainheading=Republic+of+Ireland&viewstory=yes

The Football Association of Ireland will launch the Association’s new logo, website, fans club and range of merchandise on Wednesday next, 25th August 2004 at 11am in Jury’s Hotel, Ballsbridge, Dublin.

Speaking this evening, Fran Rooney, Chief Executive Officer of the Football Association of Ireland said, “ We are entering a new and exciting period for football in Ireland both on and off the pitch. It’s the start of another World Cup Qualifying campaign with the announcement of the squad for the upcoming games on Tuesday.

"We are 90 minutes away from achieving the target of our clubs reaching the latter stages of a European Club Competition as Shelbourne carry great hopes to Deportivo La Coruna,“ Mr Rooney said.

“Wednesday next then also sees the start of a new phase in the commercial and business development of the Football Association of Ireland as we launch our new logo, website and fans club,” Mr Rooney added.

“We will also introduce a range of merchandise, which with the support and co-operation of our sponsors, we will bring to market and sell to our fans worldwide and which we believe will assist in the development of grassroots football,” Mr Rooney concluded.