PDA

View Full Version : Summer transfers thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

adamd164
22/05/2012, 2:10 PM
According to reports in the local paper here today, Vinny Faherty is gonna be training with us during the mid-season break having returned from Australia.

Dalymountrower
22/05/2012, 2:31 PM
I hear that Sives is going back to Scotland for non-football reasons and with Oman now out with a hamstring, this has prompted an emergency search by Rovers for a centre half( or two).

PartySaint
22/05/2012, 2:41 PM
Rumours of Anto Flood and Paddy Madden coming to Pats

Dalymountrower
22/05/2012, 3:37 PM

Congratulations, you`ll soon have a complete set of that glittering Bohs team that finished ..err fifth

PartySaint
22/05/2012, 3:50 PM
Congratulations, you`ll soon have a complete set of that glittering Bohs team that finished ..err fifth

I like Madden but he is too like Fagan, makes good runs but needs 3 or 4 chances to get a goal. We need a Twigg North or Byrne type player if we want to challenge for the league or just Fagan to start scoring more.

SkStu
22/05/2012, 4:13 PM

re Madden: May the lord have mercy on your souls.

Dodge
22/05/2012, 4:34 PM
Madden's talking up his return to Carlisle. Rumours, eh?

I thought Vinny faherty was in Cork pre-season too?

Shannonsider
22/05/2012, 4:41 PM
Jeffery Judge is returning to Limerick FC from Pike Rovers. Available from June 1st when transfer window opens.

adamd164
22/05/2012, 5:41 PM
I thought Vinny faherty was in Cork pre-season too?
He was, he headed out to Australia instead though. He's after returning home again now.

blue til i die
22/05/2012, 6:19 PM
Adam McSherry gone from Waterford United.

L.T.F.C.
22/05/2012, 7:45 PM
That Romanian chap that tore Drogheda apart is rumoured to be returning.

Owen Hargreaves spotted in Longford Shopping Centre after a medical in Flancare.

Longfordian
22/05/2012, 8:16 PM
Selling Lottos is about all he's good for these days alright. Gillespie > Hargreaves.

Guinney
22/05/2012, 9:03 PM
Steven Beattie a striker who played with Kentucky college meant to be signing for us.

Barry Conlon was training with us a while back but don't think anything will happen there.
Anto Flood was rumoured to be signing with us about 2 months ago, but think it will just remain a rumour and Pats would be a much likely destination.

Aaron
22/05/2012, 9:44 PM
Jeffery Judge is returning to Limerick FC from Pike Rovers. Available from June 1st when transfer window opens.

July ;)

Also Emmet Friars and Ciaran Martyn back to Derry City are rumoured ones up this way

bluewhitearmy
22/05/2012, 9:45 PM
July ;)

Also Emmet Friars and Ciaran Martyn back to Derry City are rumoured ones up this way

June 1st you can sign people from Junior leagues ;);)

wonder88
22/05/2012, 9:46 PM
Was Fagan supposed to be a good striker, so why are Pats still looking. A very average player any time I saw him, while the too other lads from that team Fenlon had at Bohs last year may be better, but there is nothing special about them.

passerrby
22/05/2012, 9:56 PM
We were due to sign some coloured lad but he chose china instead , fool we have better takeaways

Bayern Munchies
22/05/2012, 10:08 PM
Heard strong rumors that Didier Drogba is in negotiations for a big money move to Limerick...:p

born2bwild
22/05/2012, 10:22 PM
We were due to sign some coloured lad but he chose china instead , fool we have better takeaways

What colour was he?

El-Pietro
22/05/2012, 10:28 PM
i hear you're a racist now Passerby. I don't care so long as I can have a go at those fecking greeks

nigel-harps1954
22/05/2012, 10:40 PM
Harps are rumoured to sign (inset name of some useless tool who scored a few goals for Derry in the past) for only €1,500 a week.

wonder88
22/05/2012, 10:58 PM
Why did the move of the two Moscow (CSK) lads to Limerick at start of the year not work out ? I went to Terryland on a cold night especially to see them in a friendly against Sligo.

Jofspring
22/05/2012, 11:20 PM
Why did the move of the two Moscow (CSK) lads to Limerick at start of the year not work out ? I went to Terryland on a cold night especially to see them in a friendly against Sligo.

Too much of their wages would have needed to be paid and it wasn't seen to be worth it. Maybe it would have been a different story if we were in the premier.

El-Pietro
23/05/2012, 8:22 AM
the whole thing was just about publicity for Limerick and they never had any intention to sign them. If they did they wouldnt have announced it until they signed them

Jofspring
23/05/2012, 9:33 AM
the whole thing was just about publicity for Limerick and they never had any intention to sign them. If they did they wouldnt have announced it until they signed them

Possibly. Just going by the general line that was going around at the time.

thomas72
23/05/2012, 11:02 AM
LImerick in advanced talks with shamrock rovers for gary twigg personal terms already agreed. ;)

Dodge
23/05/2012, 11:23 AM
Was Fagan supposed to be a good striker, so why are Pats still looking. A very average player any time I saw him, while the too other lads from that team Fenlon had at Bohs last year may be better, but there is nothing special about them.

Fagan's been good for us, but the only other 2 strikesr at the club (Dean Kelly and stephen O'Flynn) have both missed loads of games already due to injuries and suspension. Ian daly isn't the answer so its generally recognised that Pats could do with another striker.

Whether either of the two rumoured are the answers, I wouldn't know...

bluewhitearmy
23/05/2012, 12:03 PM

If only we could have used the near 6 grand a week Cork fans know we are paying Behan,Gamble and Foley we would have had em .

El-Pietro
23/05/2012, 12:05 PM
If only we could have used the near 6 grand a week Cork fans know we are paying Behan,Gamble and Foley we would have had em .
didnt know Foley was on that much! jesus.

I know there is a solicitor who has a bank account with gambles entire contract in it so if ye go tits up Joey still gets paid.

bluewhitearmy
23/05/2012, 1:33 PM
didnt know Foley was on that much! jesus.

I know there is a solicitor who has a bank account with gambles entire contract in it so if ye go tits up Joey still gets paid.

That supposed to be a bad thing?

El-Pietro
23/05/2012, 2:17 PM
no and neither is the money ye are paying him. not for him anyway

Acornvilla
23/05/2012, 2:40 PM
this conversation is very confusing altogether

gufc2000
23/05/2012, 3:11 PM
Just over a page in, and this thread is already ruined by Limerick/Cork bickering. Typical

Mr A
23/05/2012, 3:16 PM
:rolleyes:

It's always the same sometimes.

Lim till i die
23/05/2012, 3:21 PM
no and neither is the money ye are paying him. not for him anyway

El-P, you haven't a bulls notion what he's on, I have a fair idea what he's on, there will be no debate on it from my end. Suffice to say I get the impression from your posts somebodies been telling you exaggerations. Shame on them on say.

That scoop you have above (aside from being pretty common knowledge and having been discussed on here by people at the time of his move) is a brilliant thing the club can offer to players thanks to our billionaire owner. It provides security almost unheard of in this league and is the main reason we can compete for these players, not to mention the main (only) reason Dan Murray and Colin Healy were beating a path to our door before having to settle for Cork.

Just over a page in, and this thread is already ruined by Limerick/Cork bickering.

Limerick will be releasing 5 or 6 in the window and bringing in 2 or 3.

When we lose to Longford there could be major changes.

There, I contributed. :)

adamd164
23/05/2012, 5:06 PM
That scoop you have above (aside from being pretty common knowledge and having been discussed on here by people at the time of his move) is a brilliant thing the club can offer to players thanks to our billionaire owner. It provides security almost unheard of in this league and is the main reason we can compete for these players, not to mention the main (only) reason Dan Murray and Colin Healy were beating a path to our door before having to settle for Cork.
We'll pay you to take Murray. How's that? :) Didn't work out so well in the end!

Shannonsider
23/05/2012, 6:38 PM
Just over a page in, and this thread is already ruined by Limerick/Cork bickering. Typical

And also ruined by the long list of Galway United transfers... Oh wait..

redobit
23/05/2012, 6:52 PM
We'll pay you to take Murray. How's that? :) Didn't work out so well in the end!

Apology accepted.

http://foot.ie/threads/158944-Transfer-Rumours-2012?p=1567237&highlight=#post1567237

gufc2000
23/05/2012, 9:31 PM
And also ruined by the long list of Galway United transfers... Oh wait..
Fabulous comeback, must have taken you ages to think of that one. I fear for what will happen to ye if Pat O'Sullivan ever pulls the plug.

We'll be back, momentum is gathering to have a team that actually represents Galway next year. See http://www.galwaysoccer.com/

bluewhitearmy
23/05/2012, 9:47 PM
Fabulous comeback, must have taken you ages to think of that one. I fear for what will happen to ye if Pat O'Sullivan ever pulls the plug.

We'll be back, momentum is gathering to have a team that actually represents Galway next year. See http://www.galwaysoccer.com/

We will go to Pike Rovers games to count attendances.

adamd164
23/05/2012, 11:23 PM
Apology accepted.

http://foot.ie/threads/158944-Transfer-Rumours-2012?p=1567237&highlight=#post1567237
I've no problem at all admitting that I called it wrong, hold my hands up. I was genuinely delighted when he signed for us. Totally and utterly wrong though, he is finished, hopefully he stays on the bench for the rest of the season cos we've been doing better since he sat on it.

Dave_SRFC
24/05/2012, 7:09 AM
I always rated him and was sad to see Dan go, I know he was slow but he read the game well and was a good footballer, thats why we signed him from Cork... he took a fair bit of stick from certain Rovers fans, but we won the league twice with him...Gartland hasn't proved to be an adequate replacement. Sad to hear Dan hasn't been great for Cork this season.

El-Pietro
24/05/2012, 7:25 AM
I've no problem at all admitting that I called it wrong, hold my hands up. I was genuinely delighted when he signed for us. Totally and utterly wrong though, he is finished, hopefully he stays on the bench for the rest of the season cos we've been doing better since he sat on it.
Im confident people are being far too quick to write Dan off.

adamd164
24/05/2012, 10:47 AM
Let's hope so, have my doubts though.

Just on Shamrock Rovers defensive situation, if the rumours about Pat Sullivan returning to them are true it will be a massive, massive signing for them. Could almost be the difference between winning the league or not, Sully is that good a player.

Dodge
24/05/2012, 11:06 AM
Let's hope so, have my doubts though.

Just on Shamrock Rovers defensive situation, if the rumours about Pat Sullivan returning to them are true it will be a massive, massive signing for them. Could almost be the difference between winning the league or not, Sully is that good a player.

its not even that he's that good (and he's good BTW), its that the others are sooo bad

redobit
24/05/2012, 1:29 PM
its not even that he's that good (and he's good BTW), its that the others are sooo bad

Exactly. He would help, no doubt, but a defence is made up of 5 players. atm I dont think any of the Shams back 5 would make it into our starting 5. Which is unbelivable situation for them to be in tbh.

sadloserkid
24/05/2012, 3:18 PM

Are you feeling left out?

It's a whole lot better bickering with the Cork lads than it ever was with you lot. :)

outspoken
24/05/2012, 3:44 PM
I think Anto Flood and Paddy Madden would be great signings for Pats. Flood showed at Galway what hes capable of while Madden scored quite a few in his last season with Bohs and had he taken more of his chances he would have had quite a tally. Combine that with the fact hes coached professionally in England and played at a higher level he surely must be an improved player.

PartySaint
24/05/2012, 4:14 PM
I think Anto Flood and Paddy Madden would be great signings for Pats. Flood showed at Galway what hes capable of while Madden scored quite a few in his last season with Bohs and had he taken more of his chances he would have had quite a tally. Combine that with the fact hes coached professionally in England and played at a higher level he surely must be an improved player.

Id say it's only one of them, doubt we could afford both

SkStu
24/05/2012, 6:55 PM

Madden also has a year left on his contract with Carlisle so not sure how true that rumour is.

http://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10361~2278619,00.html