PDA

View Full Version : The Rumour Mill

Pages : [1] 2

Chiefscout
17/05/2012, 9:21 PM
John Ryan looking set to take mayfield job.

Chiefscout
18/05/2012, 9:27 AM
Roy long to avondale

Chiefscout
19/05/2012, 12:34 PM
Alan weldon to rockmount,John Coker to castleview,ken Coleman to Leeds,

gaffer33
19/05/2012, 2:49 PM
My apologies..Ryan to be number 2 to tadhgRumour in Cobh has john ryan being touted for wanderers job....

splinter
19/05/2012, 10:47 PM
Rumour is kenny coleman to marys

Chiefscout
22/05/2012, 12:35 PM
Heard that ex ramblers and Aston villa full back John Murphy to take over cobh wanderers and chubbs,Conor Meade and John Meade to sign with them.

Horse24
22/05/2012, 1:36 PM
Chief - you keeping score of your predictions for end of summer review???????????????

razor
22/05/2012, 2:06 PM
have moved all the predictions here, who's moving where and who's joining who.

Dixie's Cousin
22/05/2012, 2:44 PM
Chiefscout to move from reserves to coach over the summer! ;-)

el nino coro
22/05/2012, 2:47 PM
Cambridge and Butt from Rockmount and Cooney from marys all to mayfield.

code red
22/05/2012, 4:59 PM
I was impressed with Blarneys fight and if they played like that all season, they wouldnt be anywhere near the relegation zone. Interesting to see if a lot of their players will move, surely Ray O'Leary will be headhunted. Always gave his all for the club.
Who were the two ex blarney?? Conor Meade and ??
Sad to see them go down with such great facilities and an outstanding pitch. That first division can be a very difficult league to get out of as Fermoy know all too well.

Neighbour and mate of mine a senior in Douglas Hall and they have contacted Ray apparently about joining next year.

justasupporter
22/05/2012, 5:14 PM
those 2 have been linked with every club in the MSL so one of ye will be right eventually , interesting to see who signs them

the hawk
22/05/2012, 8:45 PM
Neighbour and mate of mine a senior in Douglas Hall and they have contacted Ray apparently about joining next year.

Dont think Ray will leave to be honest Blarney through and through .The money might be gone but he still will stay.I think Douglas hall need a big over haul in players and management .Poor season for them compared to recent years

the hawk
22/05/2012, 8:47 PM
Why anybody would want Cambridge in their team is beyond me ,good passer yes but laziest player in the senior league .Has a mouth that makes wilkie look quiet

el nino coro
22/05/2012, 9:18 PM
Why anybody would want Cambridge in their team is beyond me ,good passer yes but laziest player in the senior league .Has a mouth that makes wilkie look quiet

Cambridge would walk into any team in the league.Rockmount would have been a lot further down the table had it not been for him.

the hawk
22/05/2012, 9:28 PM
Cambridge would walk into any team in the league.Rockmount would have been a lot further down the table had it not been for him.
He wouldnt of got near any of the great rockmount midfields over the last few years .Would have barely made the bench .Dont think he would make the Avondale midfield this year either

Chiefscout
22/05/2012, 9:40 PM
What great rockmount midfields are they?.

the hawk
22/05/2012, 10:03 PM
doyler, busteed , Ken Howie & pat keane and even more recent times Darren O Riordan .He proberly wouldnt have got in front of you down kilcully chief but you werent a bad midfielder in your day

Chiefscout
22/05/2012, 10:05 PM
doyler, busteed , Ken Howie & pat keane and even more recent times Darren O Riordan .He proberly wouldnt have got in front of you down kilcully chief but you werent a bad midfielder in your day
I'm not dead so why would I be buried in kilcully?...all good players but different players to Cambo.alan Marvin trying to get his team to play football ,all above mentioned were grafters,Cambo all about skill

the hawk
22/05/2012, 10:25 PM
Yeah but thats why rockmount won nothing this year as he is all skill and no graft .Cheats his way through games .Why change a winning formula just because long ball is not pretty at the end of the day its all about the medals

Chiefscout
22/05/2012, 10:27 PM
Agree with you but he trying do things his way and not mirror Billy's style and teams which were brutal to watch,successful but brutal to watch

mayfield utd
22/05/2012, 10:30 PM
so going by yer post above we're getting a new manager and his signed 3 players before his even got the job,don't make me laugh,1st off tagdh going nowhere why would he 2nd off out of those 3 players ye saying we're signing only butsy would probably get in,as for cambo as someone said his a good pass a HUGE moaner and lazy he wouldn't get a midfield spot ahead of dave warren and mick o shea who are good passers and work hard for the team

el nino coro
22/05/2012, 11:26 PM
i'v seen rockmount and cambridge a few times this season and honestly i think the lad has carried the team at stages...he is a player who constantly wants to try and pass the ball and of course he would moan and get frustrated when he is in a team the hoofs the ball at every oppourtunity...name me a player in the league who would not get annoyed???

mayfield utd
23/05/2012, 12:06 AM
i've seen him a few times as well cos our lads played them 4 times i think this season,even if he gives a bad pass it's the other guys fault for not get it,we all know his a great passer and likes to play ball so it's his own fault for signing for a long ball team,if he wanted to play ball he should have signed for a footballing team

el nino coro
23/05/2012, 11:15 AM
What was the scores in them games mayfield???....it was supposidly the worst rockmount side ever and the finished with 33 points in second...would the have finished second without cambridge??...we can all speculate here but i think glenbuck is the only man to answer the question as he is rockmount to the core...

six-yard-box
23/05/2012, 5:57 PM
15 goals I think he got carried rockmount at times he never played as a midfielder either. Always played in front of 2 or as the 2nd striker. Something wrong with all of ye if ye don't want a fella who constantly wants the ball in yere team. That's what it's about. Should never have went to rockmount I'd agree with ye there.

Chiefscout
23/05/2012, 6:15 PM
15 goals I think he got carried rockmount at times he never played as a midfielder either. Always played in front of 2 or as the 2nd striker. Something wrong with all of ye if ye don't want a fella who constantly wants the ball in yere team. That's what it's about. Should never have went to rockmount I'd agree with ye there.
Any manager with any knowledge of the game would build his team around a player like Cambo

six-yard-box
23/05/2012, 6:29 PM
Know for a fact ger and patsy would have him in a heartbeat. Broke his balls for the team up in the Michael ward. Carrying teams is the classic sign of an individual alright ye portray isnt it!!Then again some fellas just know how to get it out of players don't they.

Dixie's Cousin
23/05/2012, 6:55 PM
Ask any manager, they would gladly take him.

el nino coro
23/05/2012, 7:56 PM
Tony O Reilly from Leeds to St Marys

mayfield utd
23/05/2012, 9:19 PM
What was the scores in them games mayfield???....it was supposidly the worst rockmount side ever and the finished with 33 points in second...would the have finished second without cambridge??...we can all speculate here but i think glenbuck is the only man to answer the question as he is rockmount to the core... 2 draws and 1 win each,there not the worst rockmount team EVER just there poorest squad in the last 10 -15 years,they normally have 15 or 16 good players now they have 8,9 or 10 good players,there squad this season couldn't carry guys being injured or banned,where there squad before could.do you think there gonna have a better squad next season after all they won nothing and yer talking about there best players leaving,who gonna sign for them (besides weldon who would be a ver good signing)

Chiefscout
23/05/2012, 9:35 PM
Rockmount will always sign players.difference between now and before is cotter has the pulling power at Avondale that billy Cronin had at rockmount

el nino coro
23/05/2012, 9:52 PM
15 goals playing with that team is a serious achievment....he played on the left of midfield in a few games i seen....ok he moans and gives out but his football ability out weighs his flaws imo.

Chiefscout
23/05/2012, 9:58 PM
15 goals playing with that team is a serious achievment....he played on the left of midfield in a few games i seen....ok he moans and gives out but his football ability out weighs his flaws imo.
Are you currently dating Cambo coro?

el nino coro
23/05/2012, 10:12 PM
Are you currently dating Cambo coro?

Sure you have agreed with everything i have said chief... I just cant understand how fellas on this are doubting his ability,if the rumours are true and he does join mayfield,then whoever mayfield utd is wont be long changing his mind!

mayfield utd
23/05/2012, 10:32 PM
where do i say i'm doubting his ability if you read back i said his a great passer and likes to play ball,the only bad things i said were he moans and he can be lazy.ok he would be a good signing if he was to come up

Chiefscout
23/05/2012, 10:45 PM
He will never join mayfield.nothing against mayfield but he won't join them.he will stay with rockmount

Chiefscout
23/05/2012, 10:46 PM
Here's a question lads.will cotter keep his squad together and even improve it

el nino coro
23/05/2012, 10:56 PM
Here's a question lads.will cotter keep his squad together and even improve it

As you have already stated chief they have already added with roy long,good player in hs own right but i dont think he will improve the dale midfield,stapleton prob would have ended up there had midleton went down but will prob stay now as i dont think he is a medal chaser!

the hawk
23/05/2012, 11:30 PM
Broke his balls for the team up in the Michael ward. .you obviously didnt watch the michael ward this year.His own team mates were shouting at Patsy to take him off as he was too LAZY to track back even when they were down to 10 men

six-yard-box
23/05/2012, 11:39 PM
you obviously didnt watch the michael ward this year.His own team mates were shouting at Patsy to take him off as he was too LAZY to track back even when they were down to 10 men
Didnt watch it. But i'll take the management teams word anyway about it.. Why would you take off a fella who keeps the ball anyway when your down ten??

the hawk
23/05/2012, 11:48 PM
Didnt watch it. But i'll take the management teams word anyway about it.. Why would you take off a fella who keeps the ball anyway when your down ten??
if he had of scored 10 OG'S patsy would of still given him man of the match .Because they couldnt get the ball off leinster as they were down to 10 after 12 mins and in the last 20 mins when you need that bit of graft ,He ain't the player you want

six-yard-box
24/05/2012, 12:16 AM
if he had of scored 10 OG'S patsy would of still given him man of the match .Because they couldnt get the ball off leinster as they were down to 10 after 12 mins and in the last 20 mins when you need that bit of graft ,He ain't the player you want
I find that hard to believe anyway as ive been in dressing rooms where patsys laid into fellas and we 3-0 up. Well I'd rather have fellas on my team that can keep the ball and give a bit of respite when we'd be down to 10 and 1 up. Pointless hoofing the ball back and inviting um on. Can't concede if your team has the ball.

el nino coro
24/05/2012, 4:20 PM
Who came off in that final so when they went down to 10 men hawk??....sher if cambridge isn the player you want why leave him on the pitch??...just take him off soon as you go down to 10 men so dont you think?

Dixie's Cousin
24/05/2012, 4:57 PM
I'm not comparing Cambridge to Ronaldo but do ye think Jose would take him off if Casillas got sent off? No, simple reason being he can do things other players can't. You always keep your best players on the pitch!

Dixie's Cousin
25/05/2012, 4:37 PM
Looks like Wilton, Leeside and Kinsale are all going MSL/MJL next season.

bluey
25/05/2012, 6:47 PM
Leeside AFC are now accepting applications for the position of first team Manager for next season.
Those interested in applying, please contact club secretary Barry Cotter at:
087-3518396 OR email him @ b-cotter-bc@hotmail.com
CLOSING DATE FRIDAY 8th JUNE

Chiefscout
02/06/2012, 8:08 PM
Cambridge staying with rockmount...Eoin geaney,Alan weldon,Kenneth Coleman to sign...the quest to reclaim the title has begun in whitechu

AvondaleNutter
03/06/2012, 3:52 AM
Cambridge staying with rockmount...Eoin geaney,Alan weldon,Kenneth Coleman to sign...the quest to reclaim the title has begun in whitechu

Weldon is a fine player. Not too sure on the other two, there must be a reason why Coleman was shoved in at centre half late in the season?? Is he past it??? Or is he better back there than centre mid??? Haven't seen much of geaney but what I saw of him, seems to be a bit of an adventurous centre half. Suited to midfield???

Chiefscout
03/06/2012, 11:26 AM
Weldon is a fine player. Not too sure on the other two, there must be a reason why Coleman was shoved in at centre half late in the season?? Is he past it??? Or is he better back there than centre mid??? Haven't seen much of geaney but what I saw of him, seems to be a bit of an adventurous centre half. Suited to midfield???
Needs must and dreadful knack for conceding shocking goals forced Coleman to centre back.was his position as a younger player,was best around at it.