PDA

View Full Version : The Rumour Mill

Pages : 1 [2]

Clifford
04/06/2012, 12:20 PM
Anthony Wolfe and mick Deasy after taking over management at Midleton apparently. Good young combination. Good luck to them.

magpie
05/06/2012, 8:49 PM
Anthony Wolfe and mick Deasy after taking over management at Midleton apparently. Good young combination. Good luck to them.
Very positive appointment, i think they have alot of experience between them and could draw a few top class players adding to a potentially very strong squad.
already looking forward to the season ahead.

Chiefscout
05/06/2012, 9:08 PM
Very positive appointment, i think they have alot of experience between them and could draw a few top class players adding to a potentially very strong squad.
already looking forward to the season ahead.
Willie Byrne be heading that way?...hope it's enough to keep chubbs and knowlesy

el nino coro
05/06/2012, 11:05 PM
John Spillane heading to St Marys from Pearse Celtic

justasupporter
06/06/2012, 10:54 AM
Anthony Wolfe and mick Deasy after taking over management at Midleton apparently. Good young combination. Good luck to them.[/QUOTE]

Hows that going to work out Magpie , is there a bigger backroom team to run the line ? i would imagine Wolfie would be looking to play ,maybe even deasy , cant see mickey running things to be honest. 2 good lads but interesting to see how its going to work .

Radiostar
06/06/2012, 3:27 PM
Surprised that Mark Duggan didn't get it after the decent job he did when he took over unless he didn't want it.

Mighty almighty
06/06/2012, 7:06 PM
Surprised that Mark Duggan didn't get it after the decent job he did when he took over unless he didn't want it.
No radio star,feels that he has more game time in him,only done it last year for the good of the club and team,which was a super job getting the team going again.Great clubman who just wants to play a bit more,plus he's very excited about the new management team coming in!

the hawk
06/06/2012, 8:13 PM

I's say there was some lies told in that interview haha

Sparky
06/06/2012, 9:27 PM
As you have already stated chief they have already added with roy long,good player in hs own right but i dont think he will improve the dale midfield,stapleton prob would have ended up there had midleton went down but will prob stay now as i dont think he is a medal chaser!

Question lads, this is prob a matter of opinon but based on El Nino Coro's quote above if you join the top teams like Rockmount or Avondale are you:-

a) A medal chaser?
b) To be applauded for testing yourself against the better players in Cork and risking not getting a game?

Interesting to see the way some think! If your local team dont train right or are not going the right way is it ok to leave?

AvondaleNutter
06/06/2012, 9:36 PM
Question lads, this is prob a matter of opinon but based on El Nino Coro's quote above if you join the top teams like Rockmount or Avondale are you:-

a) A medal chaser?
b) To be applauded for testing yourself against the better players in Cork and risking not getting a game?

Interesting to see the way some think! If your local team dont train right or are not going the right way is it ok to leave?

I think it's a bit of both. There's obviously a serious risk involved but if I was a top notch player I'd be aiming to win a few leagues/intermediate cups before my times up and if it wasn't with my own club then I'd seriously consider giving 2 or 3 years to a club where cups and titles are a possibility. All the top players are quite friendly with each other so if you have 3 or 4 asking you to join then it can be quite hard to say no. It's a very long season and players like to be rewarded at the end.

the hawk
06/06/2012, 9:58 PM
[QUOTE=Sparky;1601921]Question lads, this is prob a matter of opinon but based on El Nino Coro's quote above if you join the top teams like Rockmount or Avondale are you:-

a) A medal chaser?

Medal chasers ,What a load of **** fellas play senior league to win league ,intermediates and any trophy that they can .you think fellas are training sometimes 2 3 nights a week Sometimes giving up there weekends just have a bit of fun playing ball .If that is the case why not play Aul .If stapelton isnt a medal chaser why did he leave Cobh Wanders to join midelton

Maybe he lives in midelton but whats a few miles if your not chasing medals .People who give out about people winning medals are just jealous they dont have them

el nino coro
07/06/2012, 5:51 PM
Why hawk were you a medal chaser in your time??...i think its ok for top players who will get a game with avondale to go there but to go to avondale and sit on a bench for a "medal" is a disgrace...you have no proper desire if you ask me if your happy to sit on a bench or not get in a squad and pick up a medal because let's not cod ourselves avondale will have a huge squad and will have a very strong 16 on any given weekend and you will have average players not even getting in the 16 but happy to be there to be there for the end of season trophies.

kingcorner
22/06/2012, 10:04 AM
Are any of the rumours true about a certain ex-Ipswich player will be gracing the soil at Mayfield United park in September under the tutorage of new manager John Ryan and his assistant Tadgh O' Neill?

Mighty almighty
22/06/2012, 6:30 PM
Are any of the rumours true about a certain ex-Ipswich player will be gracing the soil at Mayfield United park in September under the tutorage of new manager John Ryan and his assistant Tadgh O' Neill?

I heard it was John wark.....:o

six-yard-box
22/06/2012, 9:48 PM
would anyone be surprised if it was true was a good player but the guy is off his game.

Chiefscout
22/06/2012, 10:27 PM
He would still be better now than lordan is even after his hip replacement

Chiefscout
27/06/2012, 12:43 PM
Rockmount to keep same squad together as last season.major boost for their manager.few rumblings of players like Cambridge,Hoey,Higgins moving but all staying.be very interesting to see who they bring in.heard that they onto ken Coleman and Eoin geaney

el nino coro
27/06/2012, 4:19 PM
Rockmount to keep same squad together as last season.major boost for their manager.few rumblings of players like Cambridge,Hoey,Higgins moving but all staying.be very interesting to see who they bring in.heard that they onto ken Coleman and Eoin geaney

Ron Stanton corinthians to mount

razor
09/07/2012, 4:33 PM
was talking to Cambridge Friday night that fella thinks he is pele the way he goes on about himselfGareth or Martin? :D

six-yard-box
09/07/2012, 10:56 PM
who is taking over blarney united next year was talking to Cambridge Friday night that fella thinks he is pele the way he goes on about himself
where you at the funeral friday too????? you must have been talking to me so too hubba!!! dont remember cambo talking himself up at all to be honest!!! i heard pat keane was supposed be taking over the reigns at blarney was only a rumour tho!!

Dixie's Cousin
10/07/2012, 10:40 AM
I thought we all knew Pat was taking over.

six-yard-box
11/07/2012, 8:52 PM
small james is after signing for rockmount

splinter
12/07/2012, 12:20 AM
Whos small James wen hes out?????
I see Castleview r back trainin already, think its a bit early?

Dixie's Cousin
12/07/2012, 11:10 AM
Whos small James wen hes out?????
I see Castleview r back trainin already, think its a bit early?

That's the Juniors training, Seniors are back next tuesday!

el nino coro
12/07/2012, 3:46 PM
Bilko to St Marys

Chiefscout
13/07/2012, 3:58 PM
James o Leary signing with Douglas hall

six-yard-box
14/07/2012, 12:24 AM
James o Leary signing with Douglas hall
i thought he wasnt going playing anymore coz of the injuries he had.. good player he is

schoolboygodno9
15/07/2012, 6:24 PM
James good player playe kennedy cup as a schoolboy with him great engine good passer should have been picked up by the top two in the msl on a free as they say

schoolboygodno9
15/07/2012, 9:08 PM
Tied up with work not commiting to anyone I heard

schoolboygodno9
16/07/2012, 12:21 PM
Bilko that is

Chiefscout
25/07/2012, 4:58 PM
Martin Cambridge i was talkin to my god he goes on and on...u playing anyone next year schoolboy who were u with last year..
Pot kettle black Adam..must have been talking at door of johnnos trying to get in coz he'd hardly want to talk football with you :)...how's your best buddy hoeys injury?.he back playing?

schoolboygodno9
25/07/2012, 5:52 PM
Martin Cambridge i was talkin to my god he goes on and on...u playing anyone next year schoolboy who were u with last year..
Heading down the leagues probly play with local team in north cork Hubba due to work played a high level last season if ur name is to believed u staying under casilles

Dixie's Cousin
26/07/2012, 1:17 PM
Hubba, does Geaney know you are pretending to be him?

Dixie's Cousin
26/07/2012, 2:01 PM
Hubba, most guys in here know who i am. I don't pretend to be somebody else. You answered a question directed at Geaney.

Chiefscout
05/09/2012, 11:29 PM
Top aul striker turned down Everton to join another top aul side.

Southsider
06/09/2012, 7:00 AM
Is it John Corcoran Chief ?

Chiefscout
06/09/2012, 9:11 AM
Is it John Corcoran Chief ?
Spot on

pirlo
09/10/2012, 9:20 PM
nice little double header in east cork sat leeside v kinsale at 2 followed by midleton and corinthians in keane cup 1/4 in midleton that evening.

Heard that michael kenneally back involved with leeside, center back? center forward,? midfield,?? backward step for them if you ask me.

Goggs
10/10/2012, 7:48 AM
Backward step what planet you on pirlo he would be a decent squad member in any premier division squad he was one of midletons best and most consistant preformers for the past 3 seasons his experience will be a huge asset for Leeside to help them step up to this level.

bullet
10/10/2012, 10:13 AM
don,t no how u can say micky was midletons most consistent player the last 3 years goggs when he wasn,t playing with them last year he was with leeside.

Goggs
10/10/2012, 1:16 PM
don,t no how u can say micky was midletons most consistent player the last 3 years goggs when he wasn,t playing with them last year he was with leeside.

Micky left Midleton at the end of jan 2012 day before the transfer window. Micky joined Midleton when they were crying out for a decent centerhalf. Vincent O Sullivan retired and there was no one good enough to fill that void.He came in and formed a great parternship with Horgan, that helped them steady the ship and as a result of this the team progressed. He is one of those rare players who can play anywhere and will be a huge asset to Leeside.

bullet
10/10/2012, 2:24 PM
micky jumped ship from midleton when they were in a relegation battle if u call that progressing the club fair enough maybe if he had stayed they would have been relegated so i suppose your comment could be right in one since ;)

pirlo
10/10/2012, 9:22 PM
Micky left Midleton at the end of jan 2012 day before the transfer window. Micky joined Midleton when they were crying out for a decent centerhalf. Vincent O Sullivan retired and there was no one good enough to fill that void.He came in and formed a great parternship with Horgan, that helped them steady the ship and as a result of this the team progressed. He is one of those rare players who can play anywhere and will be a huge asset to Leeside.

sorry goggs didnt realise you felt so strongly about him,..is that you micky?? haha
Midleton had plenty of decent center halfs, management just didnt know that at that time, but i think leeside will have enough problems without adding to them.

thebooboys
11/10/2012, 12:24 AM
Heard that michael kenneally back involved with leeside, center back? center forward,? midfield,?? backward step for them if you ask me.

You heard wrong I think....

bullet
11/10/2012, 8:19 AM
If micky isn,t going to Leeside goggs you will surely take him upto Mayfield seeing that you rate him so highly.

razor
11/10/2012, 8:25 AM
I've renamed the Next Season Prediction Thread to The Rumour Mill.
All "I heard" and " A little birdy told me" to go in here

Goggs
11/10/2012, 8:58 AM
If micky isn,t going to Leeside goggs you will surely take him upto Mayfield seeing that you rate him so highly.
Don't understand your reply bullet your mixing me up All I'm saying is he would be a good addition to lee side.