PDA

View Full Version : Old argument.

Gary
02/12/2001, 10:55 AM
I just saw on the telly that there is a top of the table clash on RTE2 next Friday night between Scum and $hels. Now, am I wrong in assuming that our game up in Dubland on Friday gone was less important. Afterall, it was also a top of the table clash.

Would it not make sense for RTE to show a Dublin team against a provincial team from a ratings point of view?

IDIOTS. :o

niamh
03/12/2001, 11:48 AM
RTE don't feature a match unless it involves two of the following: Pat Dolan, Rico, or Dermot Keely. Didn't you know that?????

Citymark
03/12/2001, 12:03 PM
Does anybody remember the last time City were on TV live from Turners X? I think it was against St Pats (2 years ago, when Hartigan missed a sitter of a header. If he had scored that we would have won the league!)

Last I remember City playing live, was against Shels in the last day of the season last year.

I know we see highlights on Chorus every second Thursday night but, that's not the same!!

Xlex
03/12/2001, 12:04 PM
Which brings the tune,

Keely sounds like Britney Spears,
Fat Pat hasn't seen his feet for years,
Rico That man's a prico.

But Stephen Kenny's the greatest of all!!

joe
03/12/2001, 5:02 PM
Originally posted by Citymark
Does anybody remember the last time City were on TV live from Turners X?

last January, or around then anyway, against Sehsl (1-1 draw)

Schumi
03/12/2001, 5:06 PM
The lack of floodlights has to be a big problem (or excuse) though.

Éanna
03/12/2001, 6:08 PM
yeah, once the lights are in we'll see if it's a problem or an excuse.

rebel yell
03/12/2001, 9:37 PM
I stayed in last Friday (unheard of!) to catch the top two teams in the El slug it out. I tuned in to the national broadcaster to hear the game which was also unheard of. There were snippets from the big game while they concentrated on the unheard of 'Celtic League' in rugby- whatever that is. I nearly threw my computer out the window- internet radio you see- and I'm on the second floor. It was only through the silence ( almost!) that I knew City were winning at a subdued Richmond during the brief visits of
our National- big joke- station. :mad: