PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool sign new right winger.

carnstien
13/08/2004, 1:26 PM
Well thats Finnan warming the bench for the season. And all that optimism.
I'm sure he'll still get a fair number of games due to his versitility.

The guy they signed is "Nunez" of Real Madrid, in part exchange with Micheal Owen. I've never heard of him so lets hope he is crap and Finnan still gets his game.

eirebhoy
13/08/2004, 1:38 PM
I thought Partridge would have been mentioned in this thread rather than Finnan. Finnan will not be warming the bench, he will be sold and there has been interest from Blackburn, Fulham and Tottenham. Partridge is nearing full fitness BTW, hopefully Benitez gives him a chance as has proved himself (at Coventry and underage level) more than this new unknown signing.

Bowsy
13/08/2004, 1:44 PM
£8M? Wasn't £25M being bandied about as recent as last season?

I think Richie will get a chance if he gets himself fit. Any ETA on his return, Eirebhoy?

eirebhoy
13/08/2004, 1:46 PM
No exact date:

McAuley added winger Richie Partridge is close to fitness after his serious injury and striker Neil Mellor is also recovering well from his knee problem and should be ready for a match again in around two weeks' time.

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0500liverpoolfc/0100news/tm_objectid%3D14515520&method%3Dfull&siteid%3D50061&headline%3Dliverpool-res-0--man-city-res-1-name_page.html

tiktok
13/08/2004, 1:51 PM
I'd expect Finnan to be back at Fulham in a week or two