PDA

View Full Version : Meanwhile back in senior soccer....

LFC in Exile
13/08/2004, 9:06 AM
In an attempt to bring this board out of the boring junior grip - any one got any news of the team for tomorrow's game?

Is Eoin Keating coming back - and will he be available for this game? What news on Dave Conway? And what about Alan Barry. Was he injured/suspended for the Cobh game?

I have a good feeling about this Bray game. Don't know wht but we haven't been beaten over 90 minutes in 4 games on the bounce now. The words straws and clutching spring to mind.

youe1
13/08/2004, 11:31 AM
Unfortunately Junior soccer has a bigger pull than Senior soccer. Limerick would be a midtable team in the Premier Junior league so you can understand.
To the soccer public in Limerick Junior football is their lot. Judge by the coverage of Junior soccer compared to Senior.

joeSoap
13/08/2004, 11:38 AM
Unfortunately Junior soccer has a bigger pull than Senior soccer. Limerick would be a midtable team in the Premier Junior league so you can understand.
To the soccer public in Limerick Junior football is their lot. Judge by the coverage of Junior soccer compared to Senior.
Go find yourself a junior soccer forum then. Limerick would beat all of the teams in the junior premier league 7 times out of 10.Stop talking bollogs.

youe1
13/08/2004, 11:46 AM
Lighten up Joe
Think with your head not your heart
Alan Barry played 1A last year
Mike Ahern was in and out of a poor Boro side last year
Enough said!!

LFC in Exile
13/08/2004, 11:47 AM

What a laugh. Limerick would be a mid-table junior team. :) This junior stupidity always cracks me up. Limerick FC are better than any of the junior sides in the city. But lets not get into "oh no they're not - oh yes they are" nonsense because it's pointless.

The coverage of junior football you talk about is in a local newspaper. No local newspaper gives more coverage to senior football than junior football in their locality. Junior football coverage sells local papers because people like reading about people they know. How many junior matches are on in Limerick on a given weekend? How many senior matches? It is not comparing like with like to compare local newspaper coverage of junior and senior set ups.

In any event, some people have no interest in junior football in Limerick except to the extent that it might affect Limerick FC (including me), and by people participating in a forum about Limerick FC I reckon the most important thing for them right now is the Bray match and not whether Moyross B have players or if Corbally B's star striker is a good player. I exercise the option not to read the threads relating to junior football - but I thought Limerick FC fans might want to talk about the club for a bit and not be turned off by the recent boring posts.

Can we get back to tomorrow's match now please?

youe1
13/08/2004, 11:49 AM
Who's Playing?

Schumi
13/08/2004, 11:50 AM
The results of Junior sides in the FAI Cup would seem to suggest that they're light years away from any EL team.

As for the Limerick Bray match, it'd be lovely if Limerick could pull off a shock. :)

LFC in Exile
13/08/2004, 11:53 AM
Think with your head not your heart
Alan Barry played 1A last year
Mike Ahern was in and out of a poor Boro side last year
Enough said!!

Think with your head. Paul Finucane - best defender in the eL first division. Steve O'Mahoney - last season U-19 international - only eL player to be so. Eoin Keating and Brendan Hughes - eL experience and would walk into any junior side. Rossi - did at junior level with the top Limerick junior side. CP - premier standard striker. Picking two players to represent the sid eis distorting things.

And while we're on the subject of teh standard of junior football in the city - I don't think the junior set up is all that wonderful anyway. The View are very good at junior level - but they are even behind a lot of MSL teams, not to mention LSL teams.

LFC in Exile
13/08/2004, 11:55 AM
Who's Playing?
:) Don't worry - I am sure there is a Hill Celtic versus Mugret Regional minor friendly match on somewhere that you would be more interested in. :p

LFC in Exile
13/08/2004, 11:56 AM
The results of Junior sides in the FAI Cup would seem to suggest that they're light years away from any EL team.

As for the Limerick Bray match, it'd be lovely if Limerick could pull off a shock. :)

I'm sure it would for UCD fans. We'll see what we can do for you. :)

youe1
13/08/2004, 11:57 AM
Point taken!

Just a thought?
With a fan base in town of 100-200 and with numbers of players from the County, Kerry etc should Limerick be looking to relocate in a lacation that would draw fans from neighbouring counties?

seagullsnest
13/08/2004, 1:38 PM
Bray to win the game.. 2-0 Eamon Zayed and Foxy to score..

Terry
13/08/2004, 1:55 PM
. Steve O'Mahoney - last season U-19 international - only eL player to be so.

John Russell of GUFC was on the u-19 team also ;)

Lims 1-1 Bray :D

LFC in Exile
13/08/2004, 2:13 PM
Point taken!

Just a thought?
With a fan base in town of 100-200 and with numbers of players from the County, Kerry etc should Limerick be looking to relocate in a lacation that would draw fans from neighbouring counties?

I don't think so. The fan base in the City is tiny (even lower than you say because I would already think that some fans travel from the county and Kerry) but the potential is really in the City. A successful City based team will attract fans from the County and environs but really has to connect with city sports people. I think it is too drastic to cut ties with the City. If anything we should be looking to get back to a city centre ish locaiton than going further out.