PDA

View Full Version : Ireland's Euros scores/results Predictions thread.

Pages : 1 [2]

Wolfie
22/05/2012, 12:45 PM
I've been away for a while - story lads.

Ireland 1 v Croatia 1
Ireland 0 v Spain 2
Ireland 2 v Italy 1

BonnieShels
22/05/2012, 1:46 PM
Not that it's misplaced in a certain sense but there's a sense here that we are over exaggerating the Italy game and under exaggerating the Spanish game.

CraftyToePoke
23/05/2012, 1:52 AM
Not that it's misplaced in a certain sense but there's a sense here that we are over exaggerating the Italy game and under exaggerating the Spanish game.

To me the predictions on here and general consensus just hammers home what a real sh*t sandwich of a group we have when Italy are the bright spot, the hope. They are Italy after all. Still hopeful though, and if we pull this one off it will rank alongside any.

Game 1 : 1-1
Game 2 : 2-0 Spain
Game 3 : 1 -0 Ireland (in an act of absolute theft, we somehow mug them and hang on)

gastric
23/05/2012, 2:05 AM
I've been thinking about a France quarters, talk about justice.

Jeez, good point! The world would be behind us as we try to get justice. I reckon the pressure would get to them!

SwanVsDalton
23/05/2012, 9:35 AM
Still hopeful though, and if we pull this one off it will rank alongside any.

Indeed. If we make it out of the group, I think it would be the side's greatest achievement to date. Better than Genoa, better than New York, even better than Stuttgart surely...

History beckons. :)

paul_oshea
23/05/2012, 9:44 AM
One trend is we always remain optimistic before games but inevitably reality hits us after the game when the cold light of day(result) is the harsh reality.

You can play it up but we got here and all that, fair enough, but we never got the results we thought or hoped, instead we got results that just got us there.

This time we actually need the results we hope for.

Stuttgart88
23/05/2012, 10:58 AM
I'm not optimistic at all. I'm dreaming but not expecting.

CraftyToePoke
23/05/2012, 2:00 PM
Indeed. If we make it out of the group, I think it would be the side's greatest achievement to date. Better than Genoa, better than New York, even better than Stuttgart surely...

History beckons. :)

That or 3-0 down after an hour to Croatia while Spain toy with Italy, and no one wants to hear one word Brian Kerr has to say but he will not stop talking.

Stuttgart88
23/05/2012, 3:59 PM

History beckons. :)Hopefully we'll have an army of new foot.ie posters in yeras to come, taking the same inspiration as me for the usernames - Gdansk 12, Poznan12 and so on. Will there be a Kiev12?

SkStu
23/05/2012, 10:36 PM

true that.

harps1954
24/05/2012, 1:50 PM
Has there been an excel spreadsheet doing the rounds where you can predict all the group game results and right up to the final?

There's usual one done by someone with too much time on their hands for the major tournaments - anyone seen one?

Here's one that Finn Harps have - anyone interested in entering their Predicition Competition, full details are on this link too.

http://www.finnharps.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=854:finn-harps-euro-2012-prediction-competition&catid=39:news-from-finn-park&Itemid=101