PDA

View Full Version : SD Galway

outspoken
16/05/2012, 3:33 PM
OH MY GOOD GOD! Michel O'Neill is one of the assistant referees on Friday night! God help us all and all the strikers on the field who will be called offside from impossible positions!

RonnieB
17/05/2012, 6:16 PM
Match is tomorrow night?!

Acornvilla
17/05/2012, 6:22 PM
Match is tomorrow night?!
yes, otherwise it'd clash with the CL final, Uefa frown upon such things.

RonnieB
17/05/2012, 6:58 PM
Ah **** the CL. Screws my plans royally! Need to try get tomorrow evening off work now :(

Richardanthonyc
18/05/2012, 7:26 AM
Balls to this friday night kick off. I've no lift to the game now!

RonnieB
18/05/2012, 10:46 AM
Balls indeed, big round footballs.

Onto the match and hopefully we can keep another cleansheet and win 1-0!

Acornvilla
18/05/2012, 6:11 PM
if its only a 1-0 win i'll be far from pleased!

Martinho II
18/05/2012, 10:57 PM
1-0 it finished. we made it hard but in the end we got there. how kirbs missed I never know and keitho was unhappy to have his shot cleared off the line near the end.. We were poor all over yet again and I am afraid our luck could run out against Limerick.. hylo saved us on a good few occasions and was man of the match for us followed by keith gillespie yet again

Acornvilla
18/05/2012, 11:24 PM
made for pretty grim viewing alright

Longfordian
19/05/2012, 2:16 AM
We seem to play better against the better sides as far as I can tell. We're winning at least, that's the most important thing. Even a draw against Limerick would be grand considering the gap back to third.

outspoken
19/05/2012, 8:59 AM
Shocking performance but a wins a win and I'm sure when Limerick hear we played crap but still won it frustrates the hell out of them. One of the players of the season when called upon has been Craig Hyland he is unbelievably athletic someone in the stand compared him to a cat the way he's able to almost bend over backways to make these saves fair play to him! As Martinho said Keith Gillespie was superb yet again and Im gutted for Kirbs to miss that chance because he gave his all all night, trying to get the ball down and going for every tackle not matter how big his opponent the true definition of a legend!

I thought Jeff Flood looked very uncertain last night which is strange because he played so well in his last home game while the usually reliable Tom Crawley had a bit of a shocker and I was surprised that Mick Lee didn't start wide left with Tommo playing behind him because that partnership gives us serious pace down that wing with the 2 of them attacking and defending in turns.

Good to see Colly back and hopefully hel be back scoring screamers very shortly. I never saw TC as angry as last night not sure if you guys in section O seen him slam the drink bottle into the dugout and one stage but I think that could be the diffrence between us taking Cherry Orchard lightly and taking them as serious as any other side. TC will spell it out to them that we were lucky tonight and to make sure were not lucky this time round to go out and play like we do against Limerick, Waterford etc.

L.T.F.C.
19/05/2012, 9:34 AM
Craig Hyland has been massive this season. In the name of God he is a super stopper. Gillespie was also huge last night, people calling for him to be taken off was ridiculous. I particularly like the fact the way he was roaring at the ref and getting stuck in. Was disappointed with Kirby, didn't play exceptionally well, and the sitter he missed, wasn't surprising!
Not the worst performance, but as they say, playing bad and still winning wins you leagues!

Acornvilla
19/05/2012, 10:44 AM
I was convinced Keith was gna get a yellow from the ref at some stage because he was very visibly ****ed off at him at times :D

I thought #11 and 3 on the left wing for SD were pretty handy players in fairness to both of them, and that Eddie Durkin look alike on the other side isn't too bad either.

RonnieB
19/05/2012, 11:52 AM
Pure muck but 3 points is 3 points.

Martinho II
19/05/2012, 6:16 PM
we actually saw the incident in section o with the bottle incident with TC!:p I have being disappointed with kirbs form since he rejoined us.. hopefully he will get over his blip.

howsyourtouch
21/05/2012, 2:55 AM
3 points is 3 points...looking forward to the cherry orchard game because work finally wont get in the way of a game for once!

Cabs88
23/05/2012, 10:45 PM
Terrible performance, but on the flip side there's been many times ive seen town play well and lose..

I think Cousins needs to shake the team up, whether he is waiting for the break I dont know.. Crawley has been very poor of late, thats no slight on him, because left full isnt his position.. I just feel we would have had a lot more balance against SDG if Mick was left full, kirby wide right, and crawley left wing. Kirby wide left may aswell be a centre midfielder as he keeps cutting in, whether thats the plan I dont know, but it leaves us very narrow. Against SDG they were able to double up on Shaw as they new kirby wouldnt be a threat out wide.. When shaw won headers, they always seemed to win the breaks as a result.
Ozzie was very poor when he came on, looked lazy and disinterested.. There was one stage near the end and we were looking for an outball, and rather than try and get himself on-side he made no effort to get back, with the result Gillespie had to try and beat a left full when he shouldnt have had to.

Thought Hyland was immense, wast sure of him at the start of the season, but he has been a real find.

Also good to see Jeff Flood in the team, still learning the game and can be rash at times, but doing very well.

As i said above delighted with the draw, but in truth we made them look good. We need to be killing teams off like SDG and goals difference could be a factor later in the year.

outspoken
24/05/2012, 11:47 AM
Ye I was surprised when Mick Lee didnt play but I think TC wanted to keep the team as similar as the one thats kept 3 clean sheets in a row hence the reason Deanzy hasnt come back in to the starting 11 yet. By the sounds of things it will be a very strong team we put out on Sunday so maybe we will get a better idea of who he will start against Limerick. For me Mick Lee and Tom Crawley on the same side is a fantastic weapon to have as they can constantly switch between LM and LB as for Ozzie I wouldnt mind seeing him from the start on Sunday with Bermo given a rest because he looked tired against SD Galway.