PDA

View Full Version : Galway United v Athlone Town

Terry
12/08/2004, 3:19 PM
Galway United v Athlone Town - Terryland Park (Kick off 7:30)

Galway United manager Tony Mannion has a fully fit squad to choose from for the clash with Athlone Town and is likely to leave top scorer Barry Moran on the bench again because of the form of Damien Dupuy and David O’Dowd.

“Everyone is playing very well,” said Mannion. “We are still ten points off the leaders and we need to show consistency we haven’t shown this season and hope others slip up to catch up,” he said.

Athlone Town will be without Adrian Murphy, Niall Donnelly, Padraig Moran and Stephen Gavin though Robert Shine is back from suspension.

I predict a 1-0 win for GUFC. Atlone are a bit of a bogey team for us, but should beat them for a change tomorrow :cool:

galwaygirl
12/08/2004, 4:11 PM
they're a bogey team alrite for us, but like yourself Terry i think we'll beat them tomorrow nite. I think our good run has started, let's hope it's not too late and here's hoping the top teams start slipping up :D

i predict 2-1 to us ;)

A face
12/08/2004, 8:20 PM
Athlone ready for Galway trip

Athlone Town travel to Terryland Park to face Galway United on Friday without Padraig Moran and Niall Donnelly who are out with knee and back injuries respectively.

Read more at www.soccercentral.ie (http://www.soccercentral.ie/viewstory.asp?mainheading=Eircom&id=13656&viewstory=yes)

GalwayFrancis
12/08/2004, 10:55 PM
Match Preview: Galway United Vs. Athlone Town, Friday August 13th K/O 7:30PM

Robbie Shine returns from suspension for this Friday's game away to Galway United in Terryland Park. Long-term casualties Niall Donnelly and Padraig Moran are still out, while Adrian Murphy looks set to return afte missing two games due to a head injury. Speaking to the Athlone Topic this week, Athlone Town manager Stephen Kelly said, "We have missed quality like Adrian Murphy but in fairness Iarfhlaith has done well for us.

"It is going to be tough especially because it is a local derby with a lot of ex-Athlone players there. They still probably have an outside chance of promotion so they can't afford to drop any points. The pressure will be on them and it is up to us to go there and make ourselves as competitive as possible," he explained.

galwaygirl
13/08/2004, 10:00 AM
Tonight's Game
Mike Quirke took a knock to his instep during the week but is expected to be past fit. Mixie Harty had a slight hamstring problem last week but he is also expected to be past fit. John Russell could be facing up to a further four to six weeks on the sidelines with shin splints. Sean Flannery will miss the remainder of the season through injury.

Terry
13/08/2004, 10:04 AM
Tonight's Game
Sean Flannery will miss the remainder of the season through injury.

I totally forgot about him! :)

galwaygirl
13/08/2004, 10:08 AM
ya, so did i.
still havent even seen him play :confused:

gufct
13/08/2004, 11:13 AM
The lads from the west were way wide of the mark about John Russell.Funny he has no connection from west and lives in Moycullen more stupid rumours which try and undermine Tony and the club.Terry you should printoff the preview and show it too them tonight.

I think tonights game is vital we have only lost one game in the second round of games and if we beat our Bogey team i can see us not losing a game in the third round of games which could mean us catching the top three.

A face
13/08/2004, 12:40 PM
Murphy returns for Town

August 13, 2004

Athlone Town manager Stephen Kelly will be pleased with the news that top scorer Adrian Murphy is available for selection for tonight’s eircom First Division clash with Galway United at Terryland Park. Kick off 7.30pm.

Murphy, who has scored eight goals in the campaign so far, missed the last two matches with a head injury but is expected to take his place in the side tonight.

Read more at www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/first/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=12998)