PDA

View Full Version : Just to lapse into negativity...

Sheridan
12/08/2004, 3:04 PM
...for a second if I may.

One thing no-one's mentioned about Shels' run in Europe is the fact that the referees in all three of their ties have been different class compared to what most of us have to put up with in the eL. There are no excuses for this either, as many of our referees officiate at the same level as those in the Euro games. The players have moved on a level, now it's up to the referees to do the same.

Not sure if refs from this part of the world (see the Premiership for perfect examples) have the temperament to keep their ego out of the game, though.

pete
12/08/2004, 3:27 PM
Almost to a person all City fans made similar comments during Inter Toto Cup run & those refs probably not CL level either.

In none of the games did anyone make much comment about the refs except a bit of guy in Holland.

In the eL the refs are talked about way too much where as in Europe they are hardly noticed which is the way it should be.

KCFC Bohs
12/08/2004, 3:51 PM
True enough. I also liked the fact that the linesman in last night's game gave a wave to the crowd when the ref overruled his decision to give a throw to Deportivo.

max power
12/08/2004, 3:57 PM
we didn't, our first ref never moved out of the semi centre circle, but in the second leg the ref was spot on and did a great job, far ahead of any of our ref's.

patsh
12/08/2004, 5:09 PM
...for a second if I may.

One thing no-one's mentioned about Shels' run in Europe is the fact that the referees in all three of their ties have been different class compared to what most of us have to put up with in the eL.See http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=16336