PDA

View Full Version : James McClean

SkStu
13/05/2012, 4:35 PM
Can't we just drop the sh!te talk and get on with admiring McClean in the euros?

Not Brazil
13/05/2012, 4:40 PM
Can't we just drop the sh!te talk and get on with admiring McClean in the euros?

Good idea.

Let's start with McClean dropping his sh!te talk.

theworm2345
13/05/2012, 7:12 PM
What was the nature of the specific death threat issued to McClean on Twitter?

I am led to believe that the perpetrator is a 16 year old kid who is mortified that his comments have been taken out of context.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

[McClean] said: “Absolutely honoured and couldn't be happier to have been called up to represent my country at the euros no better feelin! #COYBIG #ireland #euro12”

This was met with messages of congratulations, but also some posts that were full of sectarian abuse and threats to kill.

One Twitter user, with the account ‘RobbieLittle@PotKettleBlack3’, posted: “F*** up your dirty fenian b****** il make sure you get shot when you set foot back into gods country #FTP.”

Another using the name ‘James W Magee@JamesWMagee07’ posted: “U deserve to be shot for that comment!! Your playing for Ireland and not the country you were born in (NI). #p****”

Both messages have since been deleted.

On a side note, I really hate this thread -- imagine I open it up actually expecting to read something McClean did on the pitch.

geysir
13/05/2012, 7:49 PM
McClean does rock the Casbah.

SkStu
13/05/2012, 7:49 PM
Good idea.

Let's start with McClean dropping his sh!te talk.

He has. I vote you next.

BonnieShels
13/05/2012, 7:56 PM
He has. I vote you next.

You okay there Stu? Too much Pil?

SkStu
13/05/2012, 8:01 PM
Oops....