PDA

View Full Version : Robbie Uptdate, from spurs website

NeilMcD
12/08/2004, 11:33 AM
Robbie Keane is making good progress in his recovery from the ankle ligament damage sustained during the pre-season campaign.

The striker - injured in a challenge during the match at Rangers on July 28 - has running on the treadmill and Dr Charlotte Cowie is hopeful that he could be ahead of schedule in terms of his predicted comeback.

"Robbie Keane is making really good progress, he started running on Monday - a short run for about 20 minutes on the treadmill," reported the Head of Medical Services. "We will check for a reaction and if there isn't we will step up the running.

"Then we will move into twisting, turning and kicking the ball next week. He is pretty much on target, he will miss the start of the season, but shouldn't be too much behind and is hopefully on target for an early return

eirebhoy
12/08/2004, 12:30 PM
If he's running already he's certain to be back for the Swizz game in a months time unless he does more damage to his ankle.

Adrianovic
12/08/2004, 1:39 PM
It would be great to have him back firing on all cylinders for the Switzerland game, I mean, we should be able to take care of Cyprus without him, but the Swiss and us have unfinished business. Excuse the cliché lads.

Ade

NeilMcD
19/08/2004, 10:47 AM
Robbie Keane believes he will be back in action sooner than expected following his ankle ligament injury sustained at Rangers in pre-season.

The livewire striker was hurt in a clattering challenge at Ibrox on July 28 and it was initially anticipated that he would be absent from first team duty for six weeks. As reported in our 'Treatment Table' item this week, Dr Charlotte Cowie feels Robbie is on target for an early return and the player himself feels he is nicely ahead of schedule.

"I am a bit, the treatment I've been getting has been good and I usually come back a bit quicker than expected," considered Robbie. "I'm lucky enough to have been running and kicking a ball - normally when you've had ligament damage, kicking a ball is the hardest.

"I should soon start twisting and turning and, hopefully, I'll be back in a couple of weeks. There is no pain at all, it just gets a bit stiff until I start running and then everything is fine.

"It is a lot better than I expected it to be when it first happened, I thought it was going to be a lot worse. It is going well and I'm pleased with how things are going."

Robbie admits that the frustration of getting injured is intensified when it happens during pre-season preparations.

"It is horrible getting injured any time, but when it is in a pre-season friendly game it is a bit of a killer because you work hard and train hard to get your fitness up for the first game of the season.

"It's like I'm coming back now and starting all over again. It is frustrating, but it is one of those things and I never let things like that get to me. It happens.

"Things are going well at the moment and I'm pleased."

eirebhoy
19/08/2004, 12:08 PM
I said this on another forum on the same topic, if Robbie was a Sunday league player he'd be back playing this Sunday. I'm very confident he'll be back for the Swizz game.