PDA

View Full Version : GAA question please.....

ali83
08/05/2012, 7:09 PM
If a tourist in Ireland fancied going to a hurling or football match at a local GAA club (eg in Cork City), would he have to buy a ticket in advance (somewhere) or can he pay on a gate/turnstyle, and roughly how much would it be.

I guess it varies depending on different things - but the only info I can find is for "big" county matches or Croke Park!

nigel-harps1954
08/05/2012, 9:47 PM
Unlikely you'd have to pay in advance. I've never had to pay in advance to a local GAA game in Donegal anyway.

BonnieShels
08/05/2012, 10:24 PM
Very unlikely that you would have to pay in advance. Sure the biggest club games of the year, the All Ireland Club Championships in Croke Park you can pay in at the gate.

freewheel30
08/05/2012, 10:40 PM
Price-wise, for championship matches (and maybe league matches - never been to league match myself), I'd say about a fiver for early rounds and maybe twice that for games at the "business end". I'd say challenge matches / friendlies would generally be free in.

John83
09/05/2012, 8:38 AM
Very unlikely that you would have to pay in advance. Sure the biggest club games of the year, the All Ireland Club Championships in Croke Park you can pay in at the gate.
That's down to a mismatch between venue and demand. But yeah, I don't ever recall having to buy GAA tickets in advance, though it's been quite a while since I bought any.