PDA

View Full Version : World Cup

jbrazil
01/12/2001, 11:17 AM
ireland have germany, cameroon, and saudi arabia!!!! (we will be based in japan)

england have the argentina, nigeria and sweden

Opening match france vs senagal

jbrazil
01/12/2001, 11:25 AM
group A

France
Senagal
Denmark
Uruguay

group B

Spain
Slovenia
Paraguay
South Africa

group C

Brazil
Turkey
China
Costa Rica

group D

Portugal
Korea
Holland
USA

group E

Germany
Republic Of Ireland
Saudi Arabia
Cameroon

group F

Argentina
Sweden
England
Nigeria

group G

Italy
Ecuador
Croatia
Mexico

group H

Japan
Russia
Belgium
Tunisia

Neil
01/12/2001, 11:26 AM
Cameroon in Niigata, Japan on June 1 (7.30am Irish time).
Germany in Ibaraki on June 5 (12.30pm)
Saudi Arabia on June 11 in Yokohama (12.30pm).

joe
01/12/2001, 12:05 PM
we've never played any of the three in competitive action before

Schumi
01/12/2001, 12:23 PM
That's a lovely group. I can see us topping it. England's is nasty though :)

Gerry Desmond
01/12/2001, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
That's a lovely group. I can see us topping it. England's is nasty though :)

Yeah, not a bad group at all. Be happy just to come out of it: sometimes coming 2nd pays off better than winning the group.
But we can make our mark, that's for sure!

Gerry

pete
01/12/2001, 1:00 PM
Germany not the power they were although should be a bit stronger with injured players back. On the otherhand i think the german invincibility confidence has been eroded in last 4 years.

If we can beat Iran theres no reason can't beat the Saudis.

Cameroon may not be as good as they have been in the past but are consistent qualifiers from Africa which probably only Nigeria could say too.

Could they have dragged that draw out any longer???? :eek:

A month of football is almost good enough reason to stay with current job & flexitime :D :D

Neil
01/12/2001, 1:02 PM
The Cameroonian manager is a German by the name of Schneider (or something!). That could be good for us?

Pauro 76
01/12/2001, 1:59 PM
Good draw i reckon, Germany are past their prime ages ago, Cameroon cant claim to know much about them, they could be the dark horses, and as for Saudi Arabia, tricky but we got past Iran, and i think we can get out of this group! Would have preffered South Korea as first seeds though!

Pablo
01/12/2001, 2:43 PM
the only problem is should we come second the likly oponents are Spain maybe we should expect and try and beat the Germans! could be a quarter final in it for us!

joe
01/12/2001, 4:04 PM
I don't see why we couldn't beat Germany or Spain considering the performances put in against the Dutch and Ports in qualifying. It could be one hell of a s :D ummer

Éanna
01/12/2001, 4:06 PM
we should easily win that group- germany are average at best, cameroon aren't to be underestimated but are beatable and saudi should be beaten.

ccfcman
01/12/2001, 5:00 PM
bye bye england
ireland no hassle getting out

PUT/ PSV Ehv
13/12/2001, 4:48 PM
I hope you will win the World Cup but I think the change this will happen is not that big.

My favourites at the World Cup are: Belgium and Ireland.

Greetings and good luck,

PUT
http://www.psvput.homestead.com

p.s. I hope you will kick out Germany from the World Cup. This should be great and everybody in the Netherlands would support Ireland if you will meet Germany.

Gunthers Mask
30/12/2001, 8:34 PM
I reckon a quarter final spot is within our reach

ccfcman
12/01/2002, 11:22 PM
without a shadow of a doubt and i reckon we can beat portugal,france and england if we were to draw them....LOOK out for paraguay theyre my outside bet

sorbothegreek
09/02/2002, 12:11 AM
Not so optomistic about facing Cameroon as i was after the draw was made. The thought of some of their forwards running at Staunton and Breen dosen't fill me with confidence.

Nice shirts though

ccfcman
19/02/2002, 10:50 AM
People are under the idea we will get hasseled by Cameroon,after watching the african nations cup final its pretty clear Roy Keane will orchestrate midfieldduff and robbie up front are unstopable if cunningham stays fit we will have a strong back line

Éanna
19/02/2002, 4:40 PM
Originally posted by ccfcman
People are under the idea we will get hasseled by Cameroon,after watching the african nations cup final its pretty clear Roy Keane will orchestrate midfieldduff and robbie up front are unstopable if cunningham stays fit we will have a strong back line
robbie keane unstoppable?!!! what planet are u on? overweight and overrated!

pete
19/02/2002, 5:23 PM
The shocking thing about Irelands WC chances (i.e. even getting out of the group) is we are completely dependent on Roy Keane. If Roy is injured we might as well forget about it.

Our attack is sadly dependent on the other Keane. Robbie I agree is overweight & therefore doesn't have the pace he used to burn off defenders with. I never thought the Leeds move was agood one (but could understand why he moved) & unfortunately been proven correct now. When all forwards at the club re fit is he even 3rd choice?

ccfcman
21/02/2002, 11:48 AM
well éanna watching the Russian defence crumble under the pressure of duff & keane you would come top the same conclusion