PDA

View Full Version : Alan Lee

WeAreRovers
11/08/2004, 2:36 PM
Alan Lee is of to a flyer at Cardiff this season. Just had an email from a Cardiff mate saying he was class again last night.

KOH

tiktok
11/08/2004, 3:00 PM
Long may it continue, from the little I've seen of him he seems at least as good an opiton as Clinton, but the quetsion is whether he'll get a run or not

Bowsy
11/08/2004, 3:25 PM
Injuries spoiled his season last year. Cardiff signed him on the power of his performance against them on the opening day of last season. If he gets a run along Earnshaw he could show himself as a real option. Clinton has been great in pre-season but can't see him starting ahead of Heskey and Forssell though. Still think Morrison is our best partner for Robbie but if he's warming a bench while Lee is banging them in for Cardiff, Lee will have to get his shot.

Peadar
11/08/2004, 3:31 PM
Clinton has been great in pre-season but can't see him starting ahead of Heskey and Forssell though.

You're 'avin a larf, ent ya?
Heskey!?
If Morrisson can't get his game ahead of Heskey then he shouldn't be considered anything more than a squad player for Ireland.

Bowsy
11/08/2004, 3:37 PM
You're 'avin a larf, ent ya?
Heskey!?
If Morrisson can't get his game ahead of Heskey then he shouldn't be considered anything more than a squad player for Ireland.

Personally I think Morrisson is better. Maybe looking through green tinted glasses but i think Morrisson is better in front of goal. Manager's love Heskey though and Bruce hasn't paid £6.25M for a bench warmer. Forssell certainly is not going to be dropped.

dynamo kerry
11/08/2004, 7:01 PM
isnt heskey injured? morrison will get plenty of games this year becaue forrsell loves playin with him.

you wouldnt want to be named stern john though

1MickCollins
11/08/2004, 10:46 PM
I think Lee needs to be given a chance, I hope he plays at least 45 minutes against Bulgaria. We really don't have many more options for target men and we need a target man, people who think we can play some sort of fancy continental football like Holland and win consistently are daft - Doherty was our top scorer in the last campaign, Hmm I wonder why? We need a big guy in the box end of story.

As for Heskey, if Bruce can use him properly unlike Liverpool then you might see the old Heskey that played for Leicster.

NeilMcD
12/08/2004, 9:55 AM
What are you talking about, did you see the game in Amsterdam where we eon by passing the dutch team off the park. Also shels last night, passed and passed their way. What we dont want is a return to the long ball rubbish that we had to watch before. That may have worked in the late 80s and early 90s but the rules of football have changed and every successful team plays a passing game.

SÓC
12/08/2004, 11:37 AM
Alan Lee does he best work with the ball at his feet running at defenders, he'd actaully make a quite decent winger, honestly! Very quick turn of pace and usually gets a decent ball in. See Robbie Keane's goal against the Czechs (I think). He did alot of that for Cardiff when fit last season. Also very decent with his back to goal. I'd have him ahead of Clinton.

He's also a very decent header of a ball despite all this Yorkshire nonsense;)

WeAreRovers
12/08/2004, 12:11 PM
I assume Conor is just disagreeing with for divilment (as they say in South Kerry) As SÓC says Lee is very good with the ball at his feet for a big fella. I'd have him ahead of Morrisson anyday - then again I'd have any Irishman ahead of Morrisson. ;)

Conor - have my ticket and flights sorted for Cardiff v Leeds in October, see you there? We can discuss the relative merits of Brian Deane and Alan Lee. It's going to be a long, painful season for Leeds.

SÓC - ever heard Alan Lee talking? Posh as fook, Blackrock College boy don't you know.

KOH

brine3
12/08/2004, 12:12 PM
Holland haven't played fancy football for at least 10 years now.

They're living off their reputations.

drinkfeckarse
12/08/2004, 3:53 PM
I was speaking to a fella today who I deal with quite a lot. Season ticket holder at Cardiff . I haven't seen to much of Lee to pass judgement yet but he says he's a smashing prospect. Thinks that if he gets a long injury free run (which he didn't last season), then he won't be at Cardiff too long.
He's very impressed at his start anyway and doesn't normally talk sh!te so hopefully he can be a great player for us in the future.

1MickCollins
12/08/2004, 10:24 PM
What are you talking about, did you see the game in Amsterdam where we eon by passing the dutch team off the park. Also shels last night, passed and passed their way. What we dont want is a return to the long ball rubbish that we had to watch before. That may have worked in the late 80s and early 90s but the rules of football have changed and every successful team plays a passing game.

Jesus H. It was a friendly OK, we were under no pressure whatsoever, we were the underdogs which we love being. Most of our recent competitive games when results counted were dismal.

The challenge this team faces is finding new leaders, getting Keane back is a big boost. We do have some promising players coming through but if England can win trying to play continental type football what hope do we have?

tiktok
13/08/2004, 8:04 PM
Are you telling us something here? :D

actually that's quite funny, a brief reprieve from my ignore list PJ ;) :D

SÓC
16/08/2004, 11:27 AM
SÓC - ever heard Alan Lee talking? Posh as fook, Blackrock College boy don't you know.

KOH
Nothing wrong with a good Blackrock accent, especially when it has a touch of charachter (be it Galway or Cork) to it;)

He didnt have a great game at the weekend, but no Bluebirds player did. What ever about Clinton I'd have him well well ahead of bloody Macken!