PDA

View Full Version : waterford (home)

bluewhitearmy
02/05/2012, 11:40 AM
The chanting kept going even when I was being put into the ambulance.

That is complete lies.

madblaa
02/05/2012, 11:52 AM
Sorry, not I, he!

Not lies either, why do you think we're so ****ed off?

Jofspring
02/05/2012, 12:58 PM
The chanting kept going even when HE was being put into the ambulance.

The match was back on at that stage and everyone was watching it not still looking at a lad on a stretcher or chanting at him. The chanting stopped literally a minute or two into WJK being tended to.

gormacha
02/05/2012, 1:27 PM
Whoever took that clip needs to have a severe word with themselves.

If I was a parent of one of the children in that clip, that blogspot would be getting a few enquiries to be honest.

That is a disgraceful comment, and quite possibly libelous. You should hang your head in shame, as should NeverFeltBetter for meekly supporting it.

I'm no spring chicken and have been around interweb fora for quite some time, and that is the most scurrilous comment I have ever come across. Even more disgraceful when you consider the guy who filmed that is a LoI head through and through, who goes to nearly all Waterford United games and posts clips of, amongst other incidents, away goals that some of us would never get to see otherwise.

Your blind tribalism doesn't only see you defend the disgraceful behaviour of Limerick fans, but also recklessly bring someone's reputation into question.

bluewhitearmy
02/05/2012, 1:32 PM
That is a disgraceful comment, and quite possibly libelous. You should hang your head in shame, as should NeverFeltBetter for meekly supporting it.

I'm no spring chicken and have been around interweb fora for quite some time, and that is the most scurrilous comment I have ever come across. Even more disgraceful when you consider the guy who filmed that is a LoI head through and through, who goes to nearly all Waterford United games and posts clips of, amongst other incidents, away goals that some of us would never get to see otherwise.

Your blind tribalism doesn't only see you defend the disgraceful behaviour of Limerick fans, but also recklessly bring someone's reputation into question.

Where did he defend anyone?

gormacha
02/05/2012, 1:44 PM
Where did he defend anyone?

That was meant to be a global remark to the several Limerick fans on here who are so desperate to defend Limerick no matter what, they can't even bring themselves to admit wrong-doing of a minority of their fans.

If I have unfairly implied that LTID was one of those, then I withdraw the comment as it relates to her/him. The rest of my criticism of her/him stands.

bluewhitearmy
02/05/2012, 1:52 PM
That was meant to be a global remark to the several Limerick fans on here who are so desperate to defend Limerick no matter what, they can't even bring themselves to admit wrong-doing of a minority of their fans.

If I have unfairly implied that LTID was one of those, then I withdraw the comment as it relates to her/him. The rest of my criticism of her/him stands.

He shouldn't have been abused when he was down but it would have happened in any ground anywhere......He went off the pitch looked up and moved himself back onto the pitch anyone would think he was just wasting time thats why Dave Ryan had a word with him too. Anyone saying he was still abused when it was clear he wasn't wasting time is a liar and its because of these lies that i have backed people up.

Jofspring has it spot on what actually happened. Some Waterfofrd fans have said that people on the other side were abusive too ive no idea if that is true.

joeSoap
02/05/2012, 2:12 PM
Keep this clean lads or I'm locking the thread. No more posting of videos like that one either please.

gormacha
02/05/2012, 2:28 PM
No more posting of videos like that one either please.

Why? I'm genuinely interested in what possible problem there is with posting a clip taken at a match? That's a genuine question from a responsible poster, so I would like an answer.

I note as well that the potentially libelous comment made by LTID has been removed from his post and from the quote of him in my response. The reason stated for the removal is inaccurate.

joeSoap
02/05/2012, 3:23 PM
Why? I'm genuinely interested in what possible problem there is with posting a clip taken at a match? That's a genuine question from a responsible poster, so I would like an answer.

I note as well that the potentially libelous comment made by LTID has been removed from his post and from the quote of him in my response. The reason stated for the removal is inaccurate.

The reason for its removal is MY reason, and I'm afraid that has to be good enough for you. If it isn't, I respectfully suggest that you stick to the Waterford forum, or other clubs forums that allow you to troll.

Do you understand the libel laws? I doubt it. You obviously wouldn't have made such a remark if you did.

The clip taken at the match was not taken at the request of this forum, therefore given its content, I decided to take it down. It was incendiary, and in my opinion has no place on a forum like this- perhaps on one that advocates immaturity and thuggery at football games, but not this one.

Jofspring
02/05/2012, 3:28 PM

It seems the exact opposite way around to me. No one has defended anyone shouting abuse at WJK but have merely tried to state what happened. On the other hand comments like "and the abuse got a lot worse after" are totally made up and seem to be trying to put an even worse spin on a nothing incident.

Waterford player goes down. Is off the pitch.

Rolls back on the pitch.

Gets abuse for doing so as it looked like time wasting.

Ref stops the game and the paramedics come over to see to him.

The abuse stops when everyone in the ground realises he is genuinely hurt.

Everybody stands around chatting until he is finished being seen to.

He starts being stretchered off and everyone claps.

Game resumes while he is still being brought down the sideline and everyone goes back to watching the game.

The only way he could have got abuse going into the ambulance if the lads came out of the stand, walked to the goal at the opposite end by the dressing rooms and started abusing WJK at the ambulance.

NeverFeltBetter
02/05/2012, 3:46 PM
The chanting kept going even when HE was being put into the ambulance.

That is just not true. It just isnt. I'm sorry abouy Kiely's elbow and I'm sorry a few people were chanting nasty things for the first minute he was on the pitch. There is no need to exaggerate the circumstances.

And I called the video "a small bit improper", I didn't accuse anyone of anything. You film random people in a stand without their knowledge or consent, thats whats going to happen. I can't imagine how uncomfortable or annoyed I'd be if I found a video of just me watching a football game somewhere on the internet, even if im just standing quietly (which, alas, I was, with nothing to cheer about last Friday).

gormacha
02/05/2012, 3:54 PM
The reason for its removal is MY reason, and I'm afraid that has to be good enough for you. If it isn't, I respectfully suggest that you stick to the Waterford forum, or other clubs forums that allow you to troll.

Do you understand the libel laws? I doubt it. You obviously wouldn't have made such a remark if you did.

The clip taken at the match was not taken at the request of this forum, therefore given its content, I decided to take it down. It was incendiary, and in my opinion has no place on a forum like this- perhaps on one that advocates immaturity and thuggery at football games, but not this one.

Your response is astonishing. The clip points out thuggery, it does not advocate it. And as for the clip not being taken "at the request of this forum", well NOTHING is done at teh request of the forum. All posts are voluntarily offered, so that's a lame excuse.

And to accuse me of trolling is to wilfully ignore the legitimate concern I had about the outrageous accusation of "filming children" that someone made against an innocent third party.

You needn't worry, I will keep off this forum in future. Your modding is a joke. Some of the posts you allow are poisonous, and yet you accuse responsible posters of trolling. And people wonder why foot.ie is dieing.