PDA

View Full Version : Sligo Game

bren
11/08/2004, 8:41 AM
Lets get rid of any depression and look forward to the Sligo game . I suppose Dave Hill must use this game as a practice run for the Cup Match .
Whos available ,whos suspended and what do you think should be the starting eleven part. in light of the Cup Match coming up .
Pele

ccfcman
11/08/2004, 10:26 AM
sligo still much of a force in div1?

Terry
11/08/2004, 10:39 AM
sligo still much of a force in div1?

NO . They need a total clean out of the squad and start again, wiith a different manager than Feeney :D :D :D

sligofan
11/08/2004, 11:03 AM
1] we are not a force

2] we have sh#t players

3]it is not mickey feeneys fault....its don o riordans fault

Rams-fan
11/08/2004, 12:19 PM
I don't think anyone will be relishing the game on Sat. :eek:
There seems to be no confidence that we can win games.

We badly need a striker who is a regular scorer. :(

GOALS breath confidence and self belief :D

John Coker is back, but wasn't on the bench last week. Will he be good enough to turn the season :confused:

Crambler
12/08/2004, 3:08 PM
Lets Hope For A Win On Sat Night To Boost Confidence For Cup Game.
Has Date/time Been Fixed For Cup Game Yet?

Rambler1
13/08/2004, 4:37 PM
3rd Round of FAI Cup planned for Week ending 22 Aug so probably Sat 21st?

gustavo
13/08/2004, 7:53 PM
NO

true , but we are still better than galway united!

ccfcman
14/08/2004, 7:57 AM
true , but we are still better than galway united!
ah,but who isnt :D

Crambler
14/08/2004, 8:30 AM
3rd Round of FAI Cup planned for Week ending 22 Aug so probably Sat 21st?

THANKS RAMBLER1,THERE WAS A SUGGESTION THAT THE GAME MAY BE PLAYED ON FRIDAY THE 20TH BECAUSE OF THE LONGFORD CUP GAME CLASHING.HAVE SEEN NOTHING RE CONFIRMED DATE ,LETS HOPE IT,S SAT 21ST AS IT MAKES IT EASIER FOR FANS TO TRAVEL AND SUPPORT TEAM.
THE TEAM WILL NEED ALL SUPPORT IT CAN GET.LET,S HOPE FOR THE RIGHT RESULT IN ATHLONE.

ramblers
14/08/2004, 2:53 PM
The game is set for Friday night.

Athlone lways play there games on Fridays so unfortunatly this one will be no different.

Rambler1
15/08/2004, 8:15 PM
Good point CRambler
It would make more sense to play it on Sat as the team will have to leave work early on Fri.....but I guess that we willl have to treat this the same as the Derry City Cup match last year and suit ourselves (no co-operation in a non professional league...........no wonder all thr teams are struggling to survive!.....)

Crambler
16/08/2004, 8:18 AM
thanks rambers/rambler1 on info re friday game,
rambler1,i agree totally with u re non professional league,
anyone at the game on st see why jammer got the red card? i was on the far side of the ground so could not see.some rollercoaster of a game but for a change we scored in the last mins rather than conceed as is normal.let's hope the team work as hard for each other in athlone on friday.

Rams-fan
16/08/2004, 12:22 PM
thanks rambers/rambler1 on info re friday game,
rambler1,i agree totally with u re non professional league,
anyone at the game on st see why jammer got the red card? i was on the far side of the ground so could not see.some rollercoaster of a game but for a change we scored in the last mins rather than conceed as is normal.let's hope the team work as hard for each other in athlone on friday.

I was right at the spot, the Sligo No. 2 ran up to jammers and started pushing into him and antagonising him after Jammers was booked after he was fouled( Dissent I think). As the crowds gathered the number 2 fell to the ground and jammers took off. The ref was closer than the A. Ref and after the parle produced a Straight red. I didn't think he made contact, but he did do a shimmy with the head. :( .Not a good move).

We deserved the win, and silly play from jammers nearly cost us :mad:

Crambler
16/08/2004, 1:03 PM
Tks Rams-fan For Info On Sending Off,jammers Nearly Cost Us The Game.up To The S/o We Were Coasting And It Was A Case How Many More Goals We Could Add.the 2nd Half Performance By The Whole Team Was Excellect And They Deserved The Win ,makes A Change For Us To Snatch It At The End.

atfconline
16/08/2004, 1:44 PM
Cup game is fixed for Friday August 20th at 7:45pm in Saint Mel's Park.