PDA

View Full Version : Flancare

Longfordian
29/04/2012, 1:51 PM
Gone into liquidation. Not great news for the club, remains to be seen if the new entity will have any interest in taking over the sponsorship.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/business/liquidator-named-to-munster-distribution-firm-191940.html

L.T.F.C.
29/04/2012, 2:12 PM
Balls! Hopefully they'll continue, keeping jobs and the sponsorship!

Longfordian
29/04/2012, 2:22 PM
Balls! Hopefully they'll continue, keeping jobs and the sponsorship!

The company Flancare won't continue so we'll at best have to change the name of our sponsor. It was always more of a personal sponsorship from Michael Woodlock rather than a business decision so we'll have to wait and see what happens. Most of the jobs will be safe enough, the depot in Longford will still be there.

nigel-harps1954
29/04/2012, 4:58 PM
What happens to the ground name now then? Will that have to be changed too? Argos Park? Tesco Park? Won't be the same.

Dunny
29/04/2012, 5:31 PM
Vinny Perth Park?

Alan Kirby Arena?

outspoken
29/04/2012, 6:01 PM
F*ck it that's awful awful news, it will always be the Flansiro! (for the sake of all our songs about it anyway)

nigel-harps1954
29/04/2012, 6:59 PM
Fans takeover of Flancare?

Longfordian
29/04/2012, 7:01 PM
What happens to the ground name now then? Will that have to be changed too? Argos Park? Tesco Park? Won't be the same.
I'd imagine it'll go back to being Strokestown Road pending a new sponsor being found. It'll be very strange after 11 or 12 years of Flancare Park.

L.T.F.C.
29/04/2012, 7:07 PM
Just over 10 I think... didn't they renew their sponsorship at the beginning of the season?

Longfordian
29/04/2012, 7:13 PM
Just over 10 I think... didn't they renew their sponsorship at the beginning of the season?
About halfway through the 2000/2001 season from recollection. They did confirm that they'd be on board this year but things change quickly. Hopefully the club can work around the (presumed) loss of this year's sponsorship money.

outspoken
29/04/2012, 7:38 PM
I'm told that Flancare paid up their sponsorship for this season already so we should be ok.

Martinho II
29/04/2012, 7:42 PM
I heard mumurings of this on the way to athlone friday night but kept quiet until the news broke. its a big blow..
the only thing I can see if Flancare pull out is that I can see our assoc sponsor Phil Munnelly stepping up to it.. Obviously it will be his call...
Munnellys already sponsor the back of the jerseys and I think Munnelly Park has a nice ring to it! hopefully the club will sort out the problems reasonably quickly.
btw Flancare have being on board since Dec 2000 but the only reason longfordian would think it was mid 2001 was that in a longford town match programme issued for I think March that yr there was a picture of the new sponsorship deal on the match programme cover and the programme was originally for the prev dec but the heavy rain resulted in the cancellation of the match that day!

Martinho II
29/04/2012, 7:43 PM
I heard mumurings of this on the way to athlone friday night but kept quiet until the news broke. its a big blow..
the only thing I can see if Flancare pull out is that I can see our assoc sponsor Phil Munnelly stepping up to it.. Obviously it will be his call...
Munnellys already sponsor the back of the jerseys and I think Munnelly Park has a nice ring to it! hopefully the club will sort out the problems reasonably quickly.
btw Flancare have being on board since Dec 2000 but the only reason longfordian would think it was mid 2001 was that in a longford town match programme issued for I think March that yr there was a picture of the new sponsorship deal on the match programme cover and the programme was originally for the prev dec but the heavy rain resulted in the cancellation of the match that day!

Pauro 76
29/04/2012, 7:52 PM
Fans takeover of Flancare?

The Fan Siro?

Casperian
29/04/2012, 10:08 PM
Could be a good time for the Longford Arms Hotel to step up since they are no longer sponsoring the GAA team !!!!

Macy
30/04/2012, 8:23 AM
Hopefully it's true we got the money upfront, after that it's all about the jobs being safe. And if they did pay upfront, hard to see anything changing this season (even a name change to the company could take a while). If they keep the Flancare brand, I guess there's a chance they'll maintain the sponsorship - more chance this year anyway, given how we're going.

Always preferred Mullologher to the Strokestown Road myself, back in the pre sponsored ground days.

L.T.F.C.
30/04/2012, 9:06 AM
I started going before Flancare got involved but that was before I really had an love for the town... Hopefully it'll all be ok!

Longfordian
30/04/2012, 9:37 AM
Hopefully it's true we got the money upfront, after that it's all about the jobs being safe. And if they did pay upfront, hard to see anything changing this season (even a name change to the company could take a while). If they keep the Flancare brand, I guess there's a chance they'll maintain the sponsorship - more chance this year anyway, given how we're going.

Always preferred Mullologher to the Strokestown Road myself, back in the pre sponsored ground days.

I believe there'll be a new company with a new brand and the Flancare name won't exist when all is finalised. But in the immediate future I guess it could still be Flancare Park for the next while. As you say, hopefully we got this year's money already.

Macy
30/04/2012, 10:29 AM
As you say, hopefully we got this year's money already.
If we haven't, I'd imagine we'll have bigger things to worry about, as it must be a good bit of the budgeted income!

Longfordian
30/04/2012, 11:11 AM
If we haven't, I'd imagine we'll have bigger things to worry about, as it must be a good bit of the budgeted income!

It's not as much as it used to be, naturally enough, but I think it's about €25k per year these days. It's not an awful lot more than that anyway from what I can remember. Obviously it'd be a blow not to get it but it wouldn't put the club in any really serious financial trouble I wouldn't think. Hopefully we don't need to worry about it but time will tell.

L.T.F.C.
30/04/2012, 12:17 PM
My understanding is that it was considerably more than €25k.

Longfordian
30/04/2012, 2:35 PM
You could be right, I just had that in my head. I know it was reduced in recent years anyway. I'll try and find out more details later.

Edit: you are right. Asked someone that would know for sure. Closer to 50k. Hopefully we got it up front this year.

Cabs88
01/05/2012, 10:30 PM
I

The game was re-arranged fixture against Kilkenny City... As marty says, the game was cancelled because of bad weather and replayed in the spring.. I remember it as I was a ballboy on the night!