PDA

View Full Version : James Scallan

ForzaForth
29/04/2012, 11:56 AM
Just to pass on best wishes to James, an IT Carlow student, who got injured in a freak accident in the match against SD Galway and has twittered that he may be out for six months. From what I saw from the other side of the pitch, James was warming up as a substitute along the touch-line during the first half and just as he was passing the SD dug-out, the ball came near him in the air having gone out of play and he dived acrobatically, like a goalkeeper, to catch it successfully. However, his shoulder then came into contact with the frame of the dug-out and he landed in a heap on the ground. (I originally thought it was an SD player).

After a minute or two, he got up and was attended by the Wexford physio and walked away holding his shoulder very gingerly. It now seems that he needs an operation and may miss the rest of the season.

One of our many new signings and looked promising as a very solid defender. Best of luck, James.

cornflakes
29/04/2012, 12:10 PM
He'll be a loss, he had impressed when he got a chance and was good cover for CJ and Jamie. At least we have Murt Keogh in the squad but maybe Shane will want to bring in another centre back as cover

cornflakes
30/04/2012, 2:50 PM
Don't think this is true Forza, think he was just on the wind up!

ForzaForth
30/04/2012, 8:24 PM
Thanks, Cornflakes.

I see the diagnosis has been changed to severe bruising according to Twitter. Good news anyway.