PDA

View Full Version : ccfc v $h€l$

Pages : [1] 2

Flynninio
09/08/2004, 3:38 PM
are we expecting a big crowd sat nite.it hasnt been a big puller previously eventhough i love sat nites at the cross.shells will be on tele 3 times in 7days. dont expect many to travel from dublin sat after there euro games but hopefully they will.
i would love to see a near capacity crowd but expect about 5000.i love when st annes end is full the ground looks the berries boy ;)

ccfcman
10/08/2004, 8:13 AM
no point in changing a winning team?

--------Super Keeper----------
lordan benno dan cockneyrebel
doyler george "terrific" kearney
----flynnaldinho fennaldo------

****~cork city 2-o sell-out utd~****

pity noel king wont be supporting us though :eek:
:ball: :ball: :ball:

adamcarr
10/08/2004, 8:18 AM
Id say eighter 0-0 or 1-0 to City or 1-0 to $hels! :eek: I cant make up my mind! :(

ccfcman
10/08/2004, 8:20 AM
if depor hammer sellout utd then they will be deflated and ripe for the taking,however if there is any life left in the tie they will rest players and be cautious in tackles etc. ,making them,u guessed it ripe for the taking

2nil city

ccfcgirl
10/08/2004, 9:07 AM
I say there will be a good crowd there saturday night early starting time and longer time celabrating a city win in pjs

Flynninio
10/08/2004, 9:51 AM
Everybody Should Try And Convince One Of There Mates To Come Along For This Game. We Should Try And Keep The Momentum Going From The Inter Toto Crowds.this Is The Defining Moment For Us In The League I Can Feel It. I Really Believe This League Is Ours. "belive".

thecorner
10/08/2004, 10:15 AM
Everybody Should Try And Convince One Of There Mates To Come Along For This Game

i always try to do this a few times a season and a few have become regulars

latest recruit and hooked on the city buzz= a moroccon

Flynninio
10/08/2004, 10:43 AM
seen that moroccon dude. looks a right header real passionate and all.cosmopoliton cork in full effect.cead mile failte to our african friend.i have seen lots of africans at games recently - seems like this immigrant invasion may be helping swell our attendances - the more the merrier...........

namloc
10/08/2004, 10:47 AM
nice to see new faces at the cross who haven't been tarnished by the Sky/Premier League bullsh*t

Pablo
10/08/2004, 10:48 AM
yeah i've got a few to go this year too.

we will win saturday 2-0 i have no doubt

Eric
10/08/2004, 2:15 PM
I reckon if Shels get any kinda decent result tomorrow night then they will be buzzin and well up for the game on Saturday. Think it's gonna be a really tough game as we never perform as good as we can against them at home.

I'm going for 2-1 to City

Kabia! Kabia!
10/08/2004, 2:32 PM
It's the game of the season for city..if we win we'll have the league in our sights but if we lose we'll be relying on shel's slipping up..Don't think the'll drop that many points even with a euro hangover..Can't see drog's staying on top for long either they've got a lot of big teams left to play we have to play them twice yet..it's going to be between city and shels for the league.

thecorner
10/08/2004, 2:34 PM
I reckon if Shels get any kinda decent result tomorrow night then they will be buzzin and well up for the game on Saturday.

which is why people should be hoping they get hammered and not shouting for them

Pablo
10/08/2004, 6:31 PM
which is why people should be hoping they get hammered and not shouting for them

Maybe we shouldnt tackle them on Saturday in case they get hurt for the second leg.

sure its for the good of the league :rolleyes:

RedX
11/08/2004, 2:56 AM
Its a hard call.Whatever happens in the Euro game i think Shels will still be up for it.They are a very good team but i reckon if City can match them for agression i think we might sneak it either 1-0 or 2-1.If City let Shels on top early like our last encounter at the X we will lose.

Also i think it will definetly be a full house Saturday evening...

Come on CITY!

Flynninio
11/08/2004, 6:56 AM
if shells get half decent result they be celebrating and more concentrated on the 2nd leg i would think trying to pull off the impossible.i cant wait for sat night. we will win i have no doubt............

Flynninio
11/08/2004, 8:41 AM
was just thinking if shells play well tonight and they make an announcement on tannoy system in front of 24000 people that they playing city down here sat- we may see dublin invasion here for game :D

James
11/08/2004, 8:55 AM
was just thinking if shells play well tonight and they make an announcement on tannoy system in front of 24000 people that they playing city down here sat- we may see dublin invasion here for game :D

LOCK up the valuables so then :).. all 6 $h€l$ fans on the way

Peadar
11/08/2004, 9:26 AM
we may see dublin invasion here for game :D

Since Shels only get 2,000 at Tolka for league games, it's safe to assume that 20,000 of the people there tonight are not actually Shels fans.
It's unlikely that any of the newcomers will do little more than flick on TV3 on Saturday.

Flynninio
11/08/2004, 10:48 AM
hopefully there run see an increase in attendances at all grounds in the country - so heres to a good showing from shells.be great if they brought down big crowd especially when we beat them.........

Neil
11/08/2004, 12:22 PM
Have Shels ever brought more than the usual 40 odd kids and grandads?

By the way there's good and bad news on the team front for Saturday for Shels...

Good news: Jason Byrne is out for them

Bad news: Glen Fitzpatrick is also out.

What are the bets on a 4-5-1 from Shels on Sturday?

Peadar
11/08/2004, 12:53 PM
What are the bets on a 4-5-1 from Shels on Sturday?

1-23 I'd say.
They're sure to come down to Leeside looking to "contain" us and snatch something on the break. We've already seen that they can contain teams who play a European style game like ours.

Flynninio
12/08/2004, 7:57 AM
1-23 I'd say.
They're sure to come down to Leeside looking to "contain" us and snatch something on the break. We've already seen that they can contain teams who play a European style game like ours.
i think last nights game begs to differ but we will still beat them sat night.byrne is out aswell but i think city have to concentrate on there own game.locked after game and into the big smoke at reasonable time. :)

patsh
12/08/2004, 8:07 AM
Nuttsy is no fool.In the interview after the game, he said that the City game is a bigger game for them than last night. "We will hardly win the Champions League but we can win the league" were his words. $h£l$ will be seriously fired up for Saturday, and we will need to be at our absolute best to beat them.
Never mind about winning the league, or keeping the title race open, its about time for us to walk the walk instead of talking the talk, and 3 points is the way to demonstrate that all our talk has substance. To be serious contenders, over the course of a season, we must be able to beat $h£l$ at least once at home.

ccfcman
12/08/2004, 8:10 AM
moore and byrne picked up knocks,houlihan looked wrecked too :cool:

Peadar
12/08/2004, 8:33 AM
i think last nights game begs to differ

Looked like a 4-5-1 to me????

*EDIT*
Quote from Depor manager, Javier Irureta.

“We will respect Shelbourne in the second leg. They’re five-man midfield and one up front caused us problems and I think they will play counter attacking football.”

ccfcman
12/08/2004, 8:37 AM
it was 4-1-4-1

Fair_play_boy
12/08/2004, 4:59 PM
we may see dublin invasion here for game :D
I think so too. Lots of Dubs will probably have the interest to travel, especially those who find the cost of the trip to la Coruna out of reach.

pete
12/08/2004, 5:01 PM
Lots of Dubs will probably have the interest to travel...

That'll be 50 fans the so ;)

Fair_play_boy
12/08/2004, 5:38 PM
That'll be 50 fans the so ;)
Remember, every Shellsea fan at the cross = another €5 into the club coffers. We keep 50% of the gate receipts AFAIK.

Pablo
12/08/2004, 5:43 PM
Remember, every Shellsea fan at the cross = another €5 into the club coffers. We keep 50% of the gate receipts AFAIK.

we keep 100% of the gate reciepts! what gave you that idea its not the cup like??????

Colm
12/08/2004, 5:49 PM
I'd be shocked if there's more than 100 Shels fans there on Saturday which is still pathetic considering we've had well over 200 at nearly all our league games in Dublin this season (not counting Dublin City and Rovers) and we've got to travel much more frequently.

I'll be very interested to see how many they bring to La Coruna, anything less than 500 would be a disgrace.

Eric
12/08/2004, 7:02 PM
Judging by the amount of barstoolers and first-timers at the game last night I find it hard to believe that any of the 'new' shels fans will travel to Cork on Saturday.

I reckon they might bring down more than they normally do though because of the fact that it's a saturday game and people may not be working

Fair_play_boy
12/08/2004, 7:07 PM
we keep 100% of the gate reciepts! what gave you that idea its not the cup like??????
Feels like a cup final!!! Can't wait. I am bringing two from my estate who never went to a soccer game in their lives.

Fair_play_boy
12/08/2004, 7:12 PM
Judging by the amount of barstoolers and first-timers at the game last night I find it hard to believe that any of the 'new' shels fans will travel to Cork on Saturday.
A lot of those so-called 'new' Shellsea fans are supporters from other clubs. The RTE commentator made a comment about it before the game. Hopefully if this floating vote turns up at the Cross, they will be supporting City.

Colm
12/08/2004, 7:14 PM
I reckon they might bring down more than they normally do though because of the fact that it's a saturday game and people may not be working

Yeah if any more than usual turn up it will be because of the Saturday factor more than anything else. We played on bank holiday last time though and they still had less than 100.

Gary
12/08/2004, 7:17 PM
To be fair lads, Shels have had the best (Dub team) away crowd in the Cross this season, on the Easter monday game, where they had a bout 150.

As for how many they will bring, well, a trip to the Riazor isnt exactly going to be cheap,and a once in a lifetime trip.

As for the game itself, well City/Shels is always a good game, with plenty incident. I see us shading it by the odd goal in what will be a tight match.

Not too hopeful of a big crowd though :(

Colm
12/08/2004, 7:30 PM
To be fair lads, Shels have had the best (Dub team) away crowd in the Cross this season, on the Easter monday game, where they had a bout 150.

I wouldn't say there was quite 150 but it was the most any Dub team brought this season. Still though if 200 City fans can travel to Dublin on a FRIDAY every few weeks, you'd think that Shels could bring more than that for their bi-annual trip to Cork on a BANK HOLIDAY. Don't make excuses for them, their support is pathetic.

As for how many they will bring, well, a trip to the Riazor isnt exactly going to be cheap,and a once in a lifetime trip.

A trip to Malmo/Copenhagen, Nijmegen or Nantes isn't exactly cheap either but the Rebel Army travelling in huge numbers to all three destinations.
I wonder will some of the Irish people holidaying in Spain go to the game to boost Shels numbers? They'll need them I'd say!

GavinZac
12/08/2004, 7:57 PM
A trip to Malmo/Copenhagen, Nijmegen or Nantes isn't exactly cheap either but the Rebel Army travelling in huge numbers to all three destinations.
I wonder will some of the Irish people holidaying in Spain go to the game to boost Shels numbers? They'll need them I'd say!

Galicia is pretty far from el Costa, maybe if it was v Betis or Mallorca

NorthoftheLee
13/08/2004, 8:02 AM

I'd say its more like people may not be in school!

shels had about 70-80 down here on the bank holiday monday ....no more than that....hopefully they will bring more this time...it adds to the occasion when there is a big away support...

pete
13/08/2004, 1:33 PM
In fairness i;d say shels will have a few extra supporters than normal as maybe people who can't go to La Coruna might travel outside the pale.

The more Shel$ bring the better as improves the atmosphere & good for tv.

ccfcman
13/08/2004, 1:47 PM
hopin city give them a proper pasting!

ikm sick of fans showin up after a big game and then never returning,hopefully $h€l$ can hang onto theirs

NorthoftheLee
13/08/2004, 2:45 PM
I'm going crazy at having to miss this tomorrow.....at least I can barstool and watch it on the tele.....what is it with weddings and city v shels games...this is the second time.... :mad:

Pablo
13/08/2004, 4:05 PM
I'm going crazy at having to miss this tomorrow.....at least I can barstool and watch it on the tele.....what is it with weddings and city v shels games...this is the second time.... :mad:

i dunno i'd say you could make it if your heart was in it............ ;)

patsh
13/08/2004, 5:21 PM
I'm going crazy at having to miss this tomorrow.....at least I can barstool and watch it on the tele.....what is it with weddings and city v shels games...this is the second time.... :mad:Fuppin sunshine supporter.....:rolleyes:

:D

Colm
14/08/2004, 10:18 AM

We always knew you were a barstooler at heart!! :eek: :D

Ruairi
14/08/2004, 10:20 AM
what is it with weddings and city v shels games...this is the second time.... :mad:

Never knew you were gettin married again, fair play.

ccfcgirl
14/08/2004, 11:49 AM
Thank god the match is on at 5 and not the usual 7.45 the day seems long enough as it is .COME ON THE REBEL ARMY.

Fair_play_boy
14/08/2004, 2:23 PM
Rain has stopped. Hopefully that is it for the day. Not a kid left in our park as many of them heading to da cross. Off myself now. City4Ever.

adamcarr
14/08/2004, 2:35 PM
I was justr at the X. And all the players are in bashe suits with the exception of Georghie in his tracksuit! :p