PDA

View Full Version : Is Noel King the para$ite of the year?

Pages : [1] 2

Counting Crow
09/08/2004, 11:21 PM
After his performance on TV3 tonight he should be taken out into Dublin bay and f**ked overboard to the sharks.

What a to$$pot.

For those of you who didn't get to see the little runt he made some unbelievable snide comments about Cork - see below:

It all began with Alan Bennett and his interview after the Pats game last Friday when he said that "we were looking forward to getting Shells to The Cross" and then said "we'll see if they have the bottle for the Eircom League". Damian Richardson saw it for what it was - a young player full of confidence looking forward to a big game.

That little rat, however, proceeded to say "they don't like Dublin people down in Cork so I will be cheering for Shelbourne"......talk about being an impartial pundit :mad:

He was then asked if he would not be a Corkman for the day ( for the good of the league ) to which he sneered "I'll never be a Corkman, never" .
King - here's a funny thing.... "we wouldn't f**king have you"

He then had a cut off Pat Dolan and his English accent and how he was loosing it for a Cork one and made this pathetic effort at our accent by saying "I'm from Cork boy" followed by a stupid smirk. He was eventually cut short by an embarrased presenter.

UNBELIEVABLE!

thecorner
09/08/2004, 11:26 PM
would you expect anything less out of the little rat

this coming from a man that couldnt even cut it with finn harps

Colm
09/08/2004, 11:37 PM
It was pathetic alright and his dig at Pat Dolan was disgraceful.

Pat Dolan is the leader of the Rebel Army and is manager Irelands biggest football club. He also just happens to be the most successful Irish manager in Europe EVER. What the fcuk has Noel King ever done? Jealousy is a terrible thing, eh Noel?!

max power
09/08/2004, 11:45 PM
poor pat ;)

brendy_éire
09/08/2004, 11:51 PM
Lads, it was just a joke. Take it easy. :rolleyes:

adamcarr
09/08/2004, 11:54 PM
Yeah lads take it easy. King is only jealous! Stupid Jackeen C*unt!!! :rolleyes:

harry crumb
09/08/2004, 11:57 PM
I thought it was funny. Hes right - we don't like the Dubs.

Sheridan
10/08/2004, 12:00 AM
It all began with Alan Bennett and his interview after the Pats game last Friday when he said that "we were looking forward to getting Shells to The Cross" and then said "we'll see if they have the bottle for the Eircom League". Damian Richardson saw it for what it was - a young player full of confidence looking forward to a big game.
No, that's not what it was. What it was, was a symptom of the lack of restraint and class that some people involved with Cork City seem to have picked up from Dolan's over-the-top attitude (cf. this board.) I like Dolan, he's similar to Roddy in that they're both self-consciously larger-than-life and indulge in all kinds of gamesmanship and thrash talk which adds to the general gaeity of life in the eircom League.

But for the love of god, do NOT take that stuff seriously. Deep down, I'm sure neither Pat nor Roddy do. Enjoy it for what it is, a bit of cheesy chaff designed to boost people's confidence. Lose the attitude, because it's gradually eroding some of the goodwill most of us have towards your club.

The really amusing thing was Dolan's statement that "the Munster Derby" is the "biggest and toughest game in Irish football." :D :D

You're right about one thing, though - King is an idiot.

max power
10/08/2004, 12:00 AM
so ya want rid of king, should shoddy return to el weekly then ???

btw is there anyone or anything yee lot down in cork don't moan about :confused: :confused:

Pablo
10/08/2004, 12:23 AM
so ya want rid of king, should shoddy return to el weekly then ???

btw is there anyone or anything yee lot down in cork don't moan about :confused: :confused:

We are all born down here with a superiority complex. we know we are better than everyone else

Colm
10/08/2004, 12:32 AM
The really amusing thing was Dolan's statement that "the Munster Derby" is the "biggest and toughest game in Irish football." :D :D

And why is that amusing?
Can you think of a bigger game?

onceahoop
10/08/2004, 12:34 AM
We are all born down here with a superiority complex. we know we are better than everyone else

I've never heard so much crap in all my life. Maybe youse should all f**k off and make Cork an independent Republic.

Then ye could all play with yourselves

Pablo
10/08/2004, 12:40 AM
Maybe youse should all f**k off and make Cork an independent Republic.

That will always be the dream. i feel sorry for the Dubs really. poor fellas

Sheridan
10/08/2004, 12:43 AM
And why is that amusing?
I can think of several involving teams with more than one championship between them in the past thirty years. Will they do?

I sincerely hope you're the biggest wind-up merchant of all time, Colm. Because if you're not...the mind boggles.

adamcarr
10/08/2004, 12:47 AM
I can think of several involving teams with more than one championship between them in the past thirty years. Will they do?

I sincerely hope you're the biggest wind-up merchant of all time, Colm. Because if you're not...the mind boggles.
Well there is no beating the Home Farm -V- St Pats game! :rolleyes:

Sheridan
10/08/2004, 12:51 AM
Well there is no beating the Home Farm -V- St Pats game! :rolleyes:
Aside from the fact that Home Farm didn't qualify for the FAI Cup this season and therefore can't play St. Pats, what the f*ck does that have to do with the point I was making? Excuse the language, but some people are just beyond the pale in every possible sense. Seriously, lads. Grow up.

Snatch
10/08/2004, 1:10 AM
Take it easy lads. It was only a joke.

southside bohs
10/08/2004, 1:49 AM
And why is that amusing?

ye shels v bohs and bohs v rovers is the biggest not for support but for what it means.

The biggest game on this island is shels and bohs and it will continue to grow ;)

king was joking about supporting shels, stop acting like the brits getting offended when someone slags them. if ye can't take a joke then don't move to dublin cos thats all culchies get, is slaggings :p

patsh
10/08/2004, 7:21 AM
ye shels v bohs and bohs v rovers is the biggest not for support but for what it means.
Surely this is contradictory?
If its the biggest game, it would enjoy ther biggest support?
Sheridan, you are normally a fairly sane Dub, (must have culchie parents...:p ), whats wrong with saying the Munster Derby is the biggest and toughest game in the league?
Have you been at one? It means as much and currently attracts bigger gates than any game "involving teams with more than one championship between them in the past thirty years".
Surely "biggest" game means the one that attracts the biggest crowd, not "biggest game" because a certain amount of people feel that way?

I have to say though its rather funny to see so many Dubs, those from Dublin AND Longford, getting so uptight about criticisms of Dublin on a Cork forum. Of course, Dubs would NEVER criticise Cork....:rolleyes: , because you lot are always just having a windup and are gas comedians all together. Dubs never think they are the be all and end of Ireland, the eL and the only ones who never have grandiose ideas about themselves.
It must be a great thing to be a perfect, balanced and wise little Brit....:eek:

Ah well, I'll just content myself with the FACT that we are superior AND we know it.....:D

As regards the topic, I have to say I enjoy Kinger. With the exception of FF Ard Fheiseanna, its rarely you get to see unbridled ignorance and stupidity given free rein to display itself.

Flynninio
10/08/2004, 8:01 AM
lads take it easy the fact that king is talking such ****e shows cork people
are inside his head. take it as a compliment. he was slagging off waterford to last season.and they hate the dwarf aswell.

ccfcman
10/08/2004, 8:06 AM
king is a tw@t

qed ;)

ccfcman
10/08/2004, 8:31 AM
Seriously, lads. Grow up.
do u need explaining as to what irony is?

b_mcsweeney
10/08/2004, 8:33 AM
if it was just the fact that he had a grudge with city or dolan or any other club i wouldn't mind. but he doesn't seem to know anything about what he's supposed to be an expert on, the eircom league. in fact, he often proudly announces his ignorance of teams and players (especially if they happen to be from outside dublin). i mean, he gets paid money to talk about the league. the least you'd expect is that he'd have a little bit of insight, maybe even go to the odd game. but no, he talks about the league as if his only contact with it is through reading the odd match report in the heralt. i have to mute the tv / occasionally switch channels when he's talking.

mind you, whoever mentioned it earlier was right, he's still better than that clown collins. there must be at least one other half decent pundit out there, i refuse to believe those two are as good as it gets.

drummerboy
10/08/2004, 8:39 AM
I have to say I really enjoyed Kinger's performance on the box last night. Really funny. Can't believe you Corkonions are so sensitive. Lets face it you give enough stick out to Dubs every day on this forum. Its all about being able to take it as well as give it. So lighten up.

As regards Kinger being an idiot, far from it. He's a very astute business man, believe me.

He is often criticised for using the word “we” when referring to Shels. I'd say this comes from the fact that up to last year he was coaching them and the fact that his son, Brian, plays for the U21s and he can be seen at all their games.

ccfcman
10/08/2004, 8:41 AM
impartiality would be appreciated though

ccfcman
10/08/2004, 8:44 AM
bull$hiting

Macy
10/08/2004, 8:46 AM
impartiality would be appreciated though
What do you suggest, Roddy instead? Hardly impartial given he's actually managing a team in the league...

Ozymandias
10/08/2004, 8:48 AM
ignore the ****....he effectively supports shels..so what...when we beat them on sat night his grin won't be so smug on monday night and we should all email him for his comments on the win....I wonder what gawdy crap tie he'll wear.....I met him once in the berkley court before an international and we were taking the **** out of him...saying we didn't believe he was a tv personality (his words) he has business cards printed with "Noel King - Television Pundit".....for F*cks sake ...poor runt is on another planet...

I wouldn't get to uptight about his comments though ....he actually thought he was been funny....

ccfcman
10/08/2004, 8:50 AM
What do you suggest, Roddy instead? Hardly impartial given he's actually managing a team in the league...
eh stephen kenny will do

drummerboy
10/08/2004, 8:52 AM
He lives within walking distance to Tolka Park so its hardly surprising that he has a soft spot for the club. But his favourite is definitely Rovers.

Flynninio
10/08/2004, 8:55 AM
have to agree that kings knowledge of players names and that is brutal.he admits it himself.makes tv3 look so ameturish.i think half the time hes trying to wind up our trevor.trevor loves putting in remarks about city and i think they bounce off each other.roddy isnt as bad as some say but he is managing another club.if dolan was on it every wk it would be funny i would cringe at some of the speel he would come out with. but you got a love him "REBEL ARMY" :D

pete
10/08/2004, 9:38 AM
Jaysus what are youse like... ;)

Was not King correct when he said Cork people don't like Dubs?

Sure King is an idiot but i don't think any harm intended in his comments.

:rolleyes:

corkharps
10/08/2004, 9:42 AM
I have to say I really enjoyed Kinger's performance on the box last night. Really funny. Can't believe you Corkonions are so sensitive. Lets face it you give enough stick out to Dubs every day on this forum. Its all about being able to take it as well as give it. So lighten up.

As regards Kinger being an idiot, far from it. He's a very astute business man, believe me.

He is often criticised for using the word “we” when referring to Shels. I'd say this comes from the fact that up to last year he was coaching them and the fact that his son, Brian, plays for the U21s and he can be seen at all their games.
'a very astute businessman' As a Harps supporter I would have to say that the man is nothing but a clown. How the hell is he going to make it down to Cork next week for the match with his renowned fear of traveling out side the Pale! He is on TV as the light relief in comparisson to Rico's 'astute' commentary.
As for the Cork lads,enjoy but don't actually start believing Dolan's hype! A pinch of salt! ;)

drummerboy
10/08/2004, 10:01 AM
'a very astute businessman' As a Harps supporter I would have to say that the man is nothing but a clown. How the hell is he going to make it down to Cork next week for the match with his renowned fear of traveling out side the Pale! He is on TV as the light relief in comparisson to Rico's 'astute' commentary.
As for the Cork lads,enjoy but don't actually start believing Dolan's hype! A pinch of salt! ;)

Obviously Harps weren't paying him enough to make it worth his while.

thecorner
10/08/2004, 10:21 AM
he was slagging off waterford to last season.and they hate the dwarf aswell.

found this last night

"Waterford have been excellent. Waterford's approach to this season has been fantastic."

So said TV3 soccer analyst Noel King, struggling to keep a straight face, on Eircom League Weekly on Monday night; a few weeks after saying the third-placed Blues (still just 2 points off the top of the Premier Division) were in a false position and if they didn't finish up fighting against relegation he'd bring Jimmy McGeough out to dinner. The angry Blues' boss retorted that he'd better be prepared to take the whole team out for a meal.

Hopefully Noel will still have room in his belly given the rate he's swallowing his words.

thecorner
10/08/2004, 10:26 AM
when we beat them on sat night his grin won't be so smug on monday

time for a keegan outburst

"i would love if we beat them,love it"

cue tim flowers

"we'll see who has the BOTLLE saturday nite,we have the BOTTLE, dont know if they have the BOTTLE"

for the sake of irish football we MUST wun this game and also to shut up that smug little fcuker

ian
10/08/2004, 11:27 AM
Lads don't forget we always play s--t on the tv. Just said I put you all on the ball just look back and think about it we always play s--t on the tv. Come on the city

Flynninio
10/08/2004, 11:48 AM
no point making up song for him cos he would love it.by the way ian your dinner is in the oven :D

City Hero
10/08/2004, 12:36 PM
2 weeks ago you would have said we never beat Waterford..............the times they are a changing.

SÓC
10/08/2004, 1:45 PM
King did City a favour, he said he couldnt see anyone but Shels win the match.

If I was Dolan I'd put a photo of King up in the dressing room and point at it and tell the lads to prove that little jackeen muppet wrong.

razor
10/08/2004, 1:51 PM
And why is that amusing?

Colm, this Saturday City V Shels is a bigger game.
We don't need to be worrying about relegation fodder like Waterford, we have bigger fish to fry.

Colm
10/08/2004, 3:36 PM
Colm, this Saturday City V Shels is a bigger game.

Definately, Saturday's game is our biggest league game in a long long time. Personally, I despise Shels far more than Waterford or Rovers or anyone and Saturdays game against Shels is probably bigger than any of our meetings with Waterford but it's a once off game. On an overall consistant basis though the Munster derby is the biggest game in Ireland along with Bohs v Rovers, it's just a pity that Waterford aren't a bigger club and a better team so we could have a more evenly balanced rivalry!!

liamon
10/08/2004, 3:57 PM
...it's just a pity that Waterford aren't a bigger club and a better team so we could have a more evenly balanced rivalry!!
I too wish it was more evenly balanced. They keep getting results against us, with one recent exception. :(

ian
10/08/2004, 3:58 PM
Yes colm it is a big game but if we lose it is not the end of the season for us. It is up to the team at the end of the day to get it right on the pitch.

corkharps
10/08/2004, 3:59 PM
Definately, Saturday's game is our biggest league game in a long long time. Personally, I despise Shels far more than Waterford or Rovers or anyone and Saturdays game against Shels is probably bigger than any of our meetings with Waterford but it's a once off game. On an overall consistant basis though the Munster derby is the biggest game in Ireland along with Bohs v Rovers, it's just a pity that Waterford aren't a bigger club and a better team so we could have a more evenly balanced rivalry!!

Which El match has had the biggest attendence in the last few years?
Derry v Harps play offs!
I know we are in different divisions and unfortunately it looks like it may be the same next year,with us going up and Derry going down! :D

eoinh
10/08/2004, 5:18 PM

For god sake would you stop moaning about us moaning :mad:

eoinh
10/08/2004, 5:22 PM
Damain Richardson was getting veery sexual last night. He was going on about Aphrodisiacs and once you had the urge you cant stop. That once you get it you need to taste it.

No wonder the programme goes out after the watershed. ;)

Dictionary
One entry found for aphrodisiac.

Main Entry: aph·ro·di·si·ac
Pronunciation: "a-fr&-'dE-zE-"ak, -'di-zE-
Function: noun
Etymology: Greek aphrodisiakos sexual, gem with aphrodisiac properties, from aphrodisia heterosexual pleasures, from neuter plural of aphrodisios of Aphrodite, from AphroditE
1 : an agent (as a food or drug) that arouses or is held to arouse sexual desire
2 : something that excites
- aphrodisiac also aph·ro·di·si·a·cal /"a-fr&-di-'sI-&-k&l, -'zI-/ adjective

Sheridan
10/08/2004, 6:10 PM
support?
Sheridan, you are normally a fairly sane Dub, (must have culchie parents...:p ), whats wrong with saying the Munster Derby is the biggest and toughest game in the league?
Have you been at one? It means as much and currently attracts bigger gates than any game "involving teams with more than one championship between them in the past thirty years".
Surely "biggest" game means the one that attracts the biggest crowd, not "biggest game" because a certain amount of people feel that way?

That's one interpretation of the "biggest game", but I can't say it's one with which most people would agree. Also, I've seen Colm refer to Cork City as the biggest club in Ireland, and I reckon that's what he and Dolan were getting at. If they'd said "best-supported", that would be fair enough, but a team in a weak league with only one championship to its name (eleven years ago), and which didn't even qualify for fully-fledged European competition this season can't, IMO, be considered the biggest club in that league.

Also, if attracting consistently big and enthusiastic crowds is the only criterion for the Big Club tag, then Newcastle and Manchester City would have to be considered two of the very biggest clubs in England. Which they're not.

I have to say though its rather funny to see so many Dubs, those from Dublin AND Longford, getting so uptight about criticisms of Dublin on a Cork forum. Of course, Dubs would NEVER criticise Cork....:rolleyes: , because you lot are always just having a windup and are gas comedians all together.
I think it's just the constant, tedious sniping that's p*ssing people off. And no, I can't say I ever hear any criticism of Cork City (or indeed city) from Dubliners except in reaction to provocation from down south. They certainly don't have a chip on their shoulder with regard to Cork. The simple fact is, lads, I and most other citizens of Dublin don't give a toss about being a "Dub" (it's only really GAAheads who do.)

A piece of serious advice: if you want Cork to be considered a real, cosmopolitan, Weldstadt-type city (which I'm sure it will be someday), you'll need to develop an attitude to match. In other words, drop the provincial mindset.

You're right though, Pat. Mum was from Limerick and paternal grandfather from Waterford. Not sure if that's better or worse from your point of view ;)

Sheridan
10/08/2004, 6:13 PM
Damain Richardson was getting veery sexual last night. He was going on about Aphrodisiacs and once you had the urge you cant stop. That once you get it you need to taste it.
Yeah, I noticed that myself! He could have left it at aphrodisiac, but just kept going down the sexual cul-de-sac.

Counting Crow
10/08/2004, 7:49 PM
King said last night that Bennetts comments "basically did Fenlons job for him by motivating the $hell$ players" ................ well King, ya little rat, I'd say you've just done the same, only with your comments you've fired up a whole nation ( The Peoples Republic of CORK ).

If our boys don't get motivated for this one - just to shove down their throats.

Personally - I can't wait for Saturday.

They were right about one thing last night..........they'll be a hell of a "partizan crowd" in The Cross at 5pm.