PDA

View Full Version : Shamrock Rovers Match

Captain2007
20/04/2012, 9:41 PM
Just home from game, terrific spectacle and entertainment and a good crowd, poor referee also added to the excitement, terrible decision on the Twigg handball and dive for his penalty, justice was done with the save from Quigley, as for marty's two strikes, pure class and well done to the rest of the team they fought until the end.

Roo69
20/04/2012, 9:52 PM
I thought Bray were absolutely superb in the first half, it looked as if we were the reigning champions and Rovers were the ones with the budget of 2,000k per week ! We dominated them all over the pitch and were really good value for the 2-0 lead, probably should been 3 but for Dane's header going inches wide.

The penalty decision was a joke from start to finish. Firstly Twigg controlled the ball him his arm, Secondly he fell over his own feet, Thirdly when he fell he grabbed the ball back with his hand. How the ref came up with a penalty out of that is mind boggling! Still can't work out why he disallowed the rebound? Pushing or pulling?

He (the ref) was actually having a decent game up until that i thought then he just started making bad decision after bad decision, 3 or 4 of Bray's bookings should never have been bookings.

Fitness showed in the last 15 minutes, we were more than a match for Rovers until then and the full time training paid off but even with Rovers 1st they got a massive slice of luck. Bray corner, breaking ball at the edge of the box which fell to Knight, he gets his shot off and i think it was Dennehy blocks it with his hand, free kick but its not given, 15 seconds later its in the back of the Bray net. Missed their 2nd so can't comment on it.

Rovers did push on but never really troubled Bray, everything was hit and hope, long ball every time from them. Awful brand of football for such a talented squad, i certainly wouldn't be happy being a Rovers fan at the moment.

Seagull
21/04/2012, 3:06 PM
From what I've read elsewhere, it seems the penalty rebound was disallowed for encroachment- if there's encroachment and you miss the penalty, it's a free out, not a retake. Think that's what had the Rovers fans so irate (other than the woeful display by the 'Number One's in Ireland'). Nice behaviour from their support in flinging a bottle on to the pitch too, but that's baggage they seem unable to shake off.

KK77
23/04/2012, 10:35 AM
The ref, the ref, the ref now i think i have heard that a million times for us!!!! Two points dropped no matter what way you look at it and down to ourselves not the ref! Wouldn’t be happy to be a Rovers fan now……seriously get a grip please!

hoops1
23/04/2012, 10:50 AM
Really entertaining game Friday. Bray deserved to be 2 up at the break. Never a penalty first half.
The ref was really poor for both teams. Rovers were excellent second half and could have sneaked it in the end.