PDA

View Full Version : Fenn - different class

Counting Crow
07/08/2004, 9:39 AM
Bin on holidays for the last couple of weeks ( hence my absence from the forum ) but I did make it home for the Nantes and Waterford matches ( very understanding wife ).

Have to say I think Fenn is getting better and better and could, IMO, be the deciding factor for us at seasons end if we have silverware or not. His link up play is outstanding, his first touch is the best in the country ..... bar none! He has score some cracking goals ( apparently the one lasst night was class - please confirm ).

For me though, the moment that really pleased me was just before KO vs Waaaaaaaaaterford last Friday when he ran down to The Shed to pick up a ball and the whole Shed sang "Neale Fenn, Neale Fenn". The guy beamed from ear to ear, gave a little wave and ran back to the c/circle, feeling about 10 feet tall.....he knew he was a legend at that moment.

Fair fcuks to the guy for having the ball$ to turn things around after the abuse he got from some sections away to Waaaaaaterford earlier in the season. Mental strength and class to boot.

Different class - glad we have him contracted for another 2 years.

fella
07/08/2004, 10:38 AM
Goal last night was a great finish from a great team move Lordan - Doyle - Flynn - Fenn - BANG !!

His overall play last night was pretty good - to be fair I think everyone appreciated his skill on the ball it's his off the ball workrate and willingness to tackle that have upset people - in fairness I think while that area of his game is not natural to him he has being making a much better effort in recent times and given that he got some much abuse earlier in the season I think it is only right that he's singled out for praise now.

Great stuff Neale keep it going.

Pablo
07/08/2004, 11:47 AM
There is a group of us in the shed that always chanted his name. even when he wasnt playing as well as he is now.
IMO he was never that bad. We almost came to blows with one idiot( sunshine supporter with biblical alias) But how he has proved the doubters wrong

Neil Fenn you are a shed hero. What a goal last night. Clinical finish from edge of the box and his general all round play was a class apart.

Take us to glory Neil

Pablo
07/08/2004, 11:50 AM
And that article about Fenn in the Pats programme questioning Fenns contribution to City?

Take that!

cobhrambler 16
07/08/2004, 11:56 AM
i went to see king arthur the other day,did anyone else think fenn is the head of arthur?!!

thecorner
07/08/2004, 12:12 PM
and the whole Shed sang "Neale Fenn, Neale Fenn".

copyright of the corner

our lawyers are watching :D

Pablo
07/08/2004, 12:14 PM
copyright of the corner

our lawyers are watching :D
oooooh i'd have to dispute that

copyright the shed. we sang that at an away match against sligo rovers in 1991 :p ;)

Counting Crow
07/08/2004, 12:15 PM
OK Corner......name your price. What do I need to do to get out of this one ;)

patsh
07/08/2004, 12:51 PM
And that article about Fenn in the Pats programme questioning Fenns contribution to City?

Take that!Amazing really the number of "articles" in opposition programs that have a dig at City. Same in the Drogs advertising sheet last Monday, some gobdaw was going on about the totally useless cup, and how it was wrong that Drogs have to accomodate it, and it was a terrible thing to do tothe league. This from the bankrupt, corrupt and dodgy money club......:rolleyes:
I'm glad that our own superior matchday magazine is above this petty, jealous drivel from small clubs.

thecorner
07/08/2004, 1:38 PM
copyright the shed. we sang that at an away match against sligo rovers in 1991 :p ;)

:confused: :confused: :confused:

neale fenn only signed for city in 2003

Pablo
07/08/2004, 2:41 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused:

neale fenn only signed for city in 2003

i know that!

i'll explain sometime! the lads know what i mean ha ha

b_mcsweeney
07/08/2004, 3:39 PM
yeah the $hel$ program from the 2-2 draw was verging on disgraceful. there were only 3 articles in it, and each of them contained personal attacks on PD and city. this while they were trying to claim that he was obsessed with them. i don't think i can ever remember the city program having a dig at the away team, thats what fanzines are for sure. the program should aim to be a bit classier than that.

pete
07/08/2004, 3:46 PM
Fenn has been on fire since Inter Toto especially the 2 Nantes games.

One of the finishes of the season last night at Inchicore.

Fenn is drifting nicely to the left wing & has developed excellent understanding with Kearney too.

Maybe hes a big game player so hopefully he'll continue next week against $hel$.

If O'Flynn could regain his form IMO Fenn-JOF partnership would be better than the JOF-Georgie one as Fenn will finish chances too.

SSS
07/08/2004, 5:25 PM
[QUOTE=pete]
One of the finishes of the season last night at Inchicore. [QUOTE]

Effortless.Nonchalant. Like his finish away to Bohs.

[QUOTE=pete]
Maybe hes a big game player [QUOTE]
;)

ThaddyQuill
07/08/2004, 10:00 PM
Fenn is the type of player that would have laughed at the EL last year. I know its unusual for Ireland but we are getting better. It is hard to believe(laugh at) players like Flanagan being our top scorer. I think some people are missing how good we are, my thoughts are that we CAN win the league. Player for player, city are close to Shelbourne but shels are ****ed with European matches. I know its not right but i get dizzy when i think of us as champions. I like being dizzy!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

thecorner
08/08/2004, 1:26 AM
Fenn For El Player Of The Year

What A Talent

DolansWaistcoat
08/08/2004, 4:43 PM
Fenny gets better every time I watch him play.Against Waterford it was probably the best display that i've seen from a city player this season and there have been a lot of brilliant performances this year.I like the way he and Flynny are linking up with Flynn setting Fenn up for a few great goals the last few months.This partnership will be the key to us winning the title this year(please God) and with Doyler,Kearney and Georgie chipping in with a few goals we have a great attacking side.

thecorner
08/08/2004, 4:57 PM
Against Waterford it was probably the best display that i've seen from a city player this season

his best and worst against waterford but enough about that :eek:

DolansWaistcoat
08/08/2004, 5:06 PM
Lets look at it from the glass is half full side,alright corner and we'll just remember his most recent performance against our 'lovely' munster rivals. :)

yur man
08/08/2004, 8:38 PM
i finally got to see cork city play when back on holidays and it was great to watch them play

i turned up too late for tickets to see nantes and wandered outside the ground till the last ten minutes where they let us in. it was better than nothin tho

i did get to see them against the blahs and it was excellent. i brought a man utd fan too and he enjoyed it, so theres hope. it was a great game and there was a lot of singin, banter with the blah fans and reynolds abuse goin on

city played well and i was standin by the wall for the two goals. fantastic day and one i was waitin ages for. i wont be home till next summer but im lookin forward to it already

oh ya, fenn is class

Fair_play_boy
09/08/2004, 6:22 AM
- glad we have him contracted for another 2 years.
Didn't know that. Puts a brighter perspective on city's chances to break the Dublin grip on the EL.

Fair_play_boy
09/08/2004, 7:56 AM
it's his off the ball workrate and willingness to tackle that have upset people - . . . that area of his game is not natural to him
A delicate turn of phrase!!!
BTW Nice to see the Hibs crest Fella.