PDA

View Full Version : shels game confirmed

Cas'Grande
04/08/2004, 8:03 PM
With them *******s winning tonight does it affect City's TV game on the 14th?

SSS
04/08/2004, 8:13 PM
Hopepfully the only effect is that they'll be shagged tired and dreaming of pulling off a shock second leg win against the Spaniards.
C'mon, Shels, get a good result in Spain - keep your minds off EL for a few days.

City Hero
05/08/2004, 12:42 PM
I don't see how anyone can use euro games as an excuse to postpone a game no matter what league they are in. All games are now midweek, and there are 2 weeks between games.

Shels can play at home (Lansdowne Road) next Tuesday or Wednesday, then they play us on Sat 14, then a whole week until another league game, then off to Spain.

pete
05/08/2004, 1:29 PM
If Shels play at hom next week no excuses for postponing game.
If they play away next week then maybe excuse but they'd be back thursday latest so no worries recovering.

If 2nd leg was the week after 1st leg then i'd think shels should be allowed postpone but that isn't the case anyway.

thecorner
05/08/2004, 2:40 PM
seeing as the game is on a saturday,they will have a 3 day break before playing us

fcuk em anyway,it has to played after our fisaco with nantes,ucd,waaaaaherfur

City Hero
05/08/2004, 3:35 PM
We had 4 games in 9 days; Nantes, UCD, Waherfur & Drogs.

Shels will have 4 games in 16 days. Deportivo, City, an other & Deportivo again. They will probably get the next weekend off after their hols in Spain.

Who are they playing after us anyway, hopefully someone tough.

Peadar
05/08/2004, 3:46 PM
Who are they playing after us anyway, hopefully someone tough.

Should be at home Derry City in the cup on the weekend of the 22nd but nothing confirmed and supposed to be at home to Longford on the 27th. Easy points there.

Éanna
05/08/2004, 6:16 PM
if they ask us to change it, we should tell them where to stick it. we've been ****ed over by the league and as we all know the league is more or less run by Ollie Byrne's thuggery. I couldn't care less if they're playing depor away on saturday morning- don't change the game

Shelsman
06/08/2004, 12:28 PM
No way should the game be changed...look at the way we have been treated in the past ten days.

Anyway, we played Malmo on a Saturday, Bohs on a Tuesday and Malmo in Sweden on the following Saturday, So whats the problem...

I don't see what the problem is either, sure Shels could put out their reserve team in Turner's Cross and come back with the three points.

:p :D

Flynninio
06/08/2004, 12:48 PM
game has to go ahead. if it doesnt i will go up and kick the fcuk out of fran rooney meself. :p

Peadar
06/08/2004, 1:03 PM
if it doesnt i will go up and kick the fcuk out of fran rooney meself. :p

Why would you kick anything out of the best CEO the FAI have ever had over a fixture complaint you have with the eircom League? Surely it's someone for the eircom League you should take issue with and not the FAI?

rebel army no1
06/08/2004, 2:44 PM
i just found out that tv3 are going showing the city v shelbourn match which i think is good but what about city v nantes??? oh ya and they will show the shelbourne games then at will.also im in spain at the moment ,does anyone know how to watch the match from here? :ball:

tiktok
06/08/2004, 2:58 PM
i just found out that tv3 are going showing the city v shelbourn match which i think is good but what about city v nantes??? oh ya and they will show the shelbourne games then at will.also im in spain at the moment ,does anyone know how to watch the match from here? :ball:

That game was scheduled long before Shels even played Hadjuk split away, it's not like it's a knee jerk reaction to Shels success. :rolleyes:

some irish bars might have the irish sky card, which would mean access to TV3, ring around them.

rebel army no1
06/08/2004, 2:59 PM
nice one cheers

thecorner
06/08/2004, 10:17 PM
after all the speculation the shels game has been confirmed for saturday august 15th at 5pm. brilliant news,might catch them

*******2000th post********

thecorner
06/08/2004, 10:33 PM
wheres my medals :rolleyes:

biscuit will do

off-topic :D

ollie
06/08/2004, 10:58 PM
great to hear benno in an interview after SPA game asking whether shels will have"the balls for the EL after Europe"
can't wait4city to knock that shower back down to size

Eric
07/08/2004, 1:53 PM
Some gimp of a Shels fan who was at our match last night still reckons that our game against Shels will be postponed!!! :(

thecorner
07/08/2004, 1:54 PM
Some gimp of a Shels fan

ARENT THEY ALL GIMPS :confused:

Eric
07/08/2004, 2:09 PM
They are but this one last night was brought along to the match by a group of City fans who seemed to worship him!!!! :rolleyes: :p

higgins
07/08/2004, 2:52 PM
lads you really are a bitter bitter shower....
Your only happy when your moaning it seems??

your now taking your blame out on shels because ucd beat you in the cup??? :)

shels played derry then in iceland then drogheda then home to iceland then finn harps the in croatia...

The first game off was bohs last week and now dublin city this week...

think before you post !!

Pablo
07/08/2004, 2:56 PM
They are but this one last night was brought along to the match by a group of City fans who seemed to worship him!!!! :rolleyes: :p

I found that particularly distressing. What next? love ins at tolka? tut tut

pete
07/08/2004, 3:50 PM
City v $hel$ gonna be huge game for our season! Gonna be first game since Nantes at home that i'll be able to get excited about.

Pablo
07/08/2004, 5:02 PM
City v $hel$ gonna be huge game for our season! Gonna be first game since Nantes at home that i'll be able to get excited about.

Tickets went on sale yesterday. gonna be big interest in this game. should be close to a full house. live on TV.

Lets hit hard, lets show them how to play football and show them theres a club outside the Pale

thecorner
08/08/2004, 1:25 AM
lads you really are a bitter bitter shower....
Your only happy when your moaning it seems??

your now taking your blame out on shels because ucd beat you in the cup??? :)

shels played derry then in iceland then drogheda then home to iceland then finn harps the in croatia...

The first game off was bohs last week and now dublin city this week...

think before you post !!

y dont u just fcuk off

we only care about city :D

Fair_play_boy
12/08/2004, 7:17 PM
Any chance of the odd comma? And if Derry was then in Iceland, where is it now? Did it drift up past it?
Thank Gawd for foot.ie. I could not survive without my daily fix of this high class comedy bantering.