PDA

View Full Version : Who's Going To Richer Tonight?

Peadar
30/11/2001, 6:31 AM
Are there many City fans going to Richer tonight for the Rovers game? It should be a good match and good displays both by the players and supporters will help build up the cup tie between the sides to the cracker it should be. Rovers made great colour and noise at the cup semi-final last year against Bohs in Dalymount without a hint of trouble. Let's hope they repeat this spectacle on the 16th. Inappropriate behaviour by travelling City fans tonight could result in people coming down for the cup game with an agenda other that creating atmosphere. Let's just make sure that City fans give a good account of themselves tonight and help to bring back some of the glory which was once a part of Irish football. It's time to leave the chants "I'd rather be a Pakie" and "Shove your needles" with the kids in the playground where one has to imagine they originated.

dalo
30/11/2001, 8:25 AM
i will be at it with me mates. god knows why as i hate richmond park - too many bad memories.

you are also right about the chants. eanna and his buddies made a right show of themselves last year in the morton with the needles and paki chants so much so some loony and his mates threatened to give them a kicking.

anyway see you there (we must be mad)

citylove
30/11/2001, 11:25 AM
I'll be there too and Looking forward to it. Is there any supporters bus coming up from Cork?

As many people as possible should turn up for this one. I have a few Rovers fans where I work and
I have a banker on City to win........COME ON CITY!!

pete
30/11/2001, 12:02 PM
I'll be there for another away game as don't bother with home games anymore ;)

Current dublin away record this season is 1 win 2 draw (2 unlucky ones) & a defeat so not too bad.

Another know the last time before last season we lost to rovers?

dalo
30/11/2001, 12:13 PM
i think it was in 96-97 in dave's first season but I stand to be corrected

Éanna
01/12/2001, 2:41 PM
Originally posted by dalo
you are also right about the chants. eanna and his buddies made a right show of themselves last year in the morton with the
Like I was the only one! :rolleyes: That was discussed to death when it happened and i accepted that it wasn't the most advisable thing i've ever done- but naming me alone is NOT fair.

ccfcman
01/12/2001, 3:56 PM
and not forgettin the dick o hanlon jokes...that ye never ended

James
02/12/2001, 1:56 AM
jeeze ccfcman youre so negative
what about all the singing eanna and gang do supporting the team

dont remember hearing you at all singing up in Santry at that game!!!!