PDA

View Full Version : Elvery's Sports Super League 2012

Thunderblaster
02/04/2012, 6:37 PM
With the new season kicking off in less than two weeks, what are your predictions for the team that will ascend to the high throne of Mayo football or who will be the the two sides that will fall through the trap door and who'll be challengers or mid-table safety teams. Who are the big signings? How did pre-season go with preparation and friendlies?

Ballina Town
Castlebar Celtic
Claremorris
Fahy Rovers
Iorras Aontaithe
Manulla
S&F United
Westport United

Sheep Farmer
02/04/2012, 6:44 PM
Very early call that 2 teams will not like but what the hell, I just cannot see past the top 5 teams which only leaves 3 and of them I am going to say Fahy and Manulla will go down. Fell that S&F will rally to stay up. Like I said very early call but its in writing now for anyone to throw back up to me in 5-6 months ha !. SORRY Fahy & Manualla that's just my on personal opinion and i will gladly eat my hat if i am wrong ?. :o

Thunderblaster
02/04/2012, 10:56 PM
Very early call that 2 teams will not like but what the hell, I just cannot see past the top 5 teams which only leaves 3 and of them I am going to say Fahy and Manulla will go down. Fell that S&F will rally to stay up. Like I said very early call but its in writing now for anyone to throw back up to me in 5-6 months ha !. SORRY Fahy & Manualla that's just my on personal opinion and i will gladly eat my hat if i am wrong ?. :o

I definitely can see Fahy getting relegated. I have stated a few years back that I do not admire their football; not only that, I don't think that they have quality in depth to stay in the division. The graft can only go so far. As for Manulla, often seen as a model club in the Super League, I think that they'll stay up, just about. As to who will join Fahy, we know that S&F have become a yo-yo side in recent years, and I think that trend will continue with them.

r.rover
03/04/2012, 10:18 AM
I definitely can see Fahy getting relegated. I have stated a few years back that I do not admire their football; not only that, I don't think that they have quality in depth to stay in the division. The graft can only go so far. As for Manulla, often seen as a model club in the Super League, I think that they'll stay up, just about. As to who will join Fahy, we know that S&F have become a yo-yo side in recent years, and I think that trend will continue with them.

maybe you could come down to fahy thunderblaster and show us how the beautiful game should be played, and then we could stop graftin!! looks like were gonna be graftin our way back down to premier A again anyways! damn it , i was hopin we could have stayed up! ah well!!!

Thunderblaster
03/04/2012, 4:50 PM
maybe you could come down to fahy thunderblaster and show us how the beautiful game should be played, and then we could stop graftin!! looks like were gonna be graftin our way back down to premier A again anyways! damn it , i was hopin we could have stayed up! ah well!!!

Just watch Barcelona.:D

juan pablo
09/04/2012, 6:09 PM
Predictions for the opening fixtures on Sunday??

Celtic - Westport kicking off at 12 noon now! Are the mayo league taking caution to deal with crowd trouble by having an earlier kick off. :p ;)

Thunderblaster
16/04/2012, 6:37 PM
Great start for Westport, Ballina and Claremorris, good draw for Manulla away to Iorras Aontaithe. Celtic must be disappointed to have lost their first league game in two seasons, I'm sure the pressure is on them to get points on the board. Can Fahy and S&F step up to the plate after their defeats? The top of the table clash between Westport United and Ballina Town will whet the appetite of many on Saturday evening.

Closing Time
17/04/2012, 3:24 PM
Yes it was disappointing to loose the first game of the season, but happy with level of performance from the team consideration we were missing so many from last years’ starting 11 (Dec Flynn, James Minogue, Alan McDonnell, Marty Owens and Ronan O’Boyle). This will be a difficult season but hopefully Declan can blood a couple of young lads into the team that have joined the squad. It was a great weekend for Utd getting to two Connacht Cup finals, well done.

rava
18/04/2012, 9:00 AM
Great start for Westport, Ballina and Claremorris, good draw for Manulla away to Iorras Aontaithe. Celtic must be disappointed to have lost their first league game in two seasons, I'm sure the pressure is on them to get points on the board. Can Fahy and S&F step up to the plate after their defeats? The top of the table clash between Westport United and Ballina Town will whet the appetite of many on Saturday evening.

You must be a Liverpool supporter if you are talking about top of the table clashes after 1 game!

Thunderblaster
25/04/2012, 7:24 PM
3-2 for the 'Port against Ballina and I believe that it should have been many more for United. Great start for the galacticos. Claremorris are hot on the tails after a 3-0 win over Iorras. Celtic and Fahy got their first wins against Manulla and S&F Utd. Lots of football still to be played!!!

Closed Account
29/04/2012, 2:27 PM
1-0 celtic against claremorris at half time, celtic will probably push on in the second half, with a considerable breeze.

Closed Account
29/04/2012, 3:35 PM
Finished 1-0. Stevie G in the first half. Celtic badly need a striker, scoreline doesn't reflect possession.

topclass
29/04/2012, 11:28 PM
well done the port three more points no great game put top of the league ...jp on fire...class signing...
cant wait to see jamie fallan kick start his come back to his home town

Back n the game
30/04/2012, 2:27 PM
SnF not going anywhere fast. Even after sigining half a team during the off season, very unimpressive start to their ML campaign.Several ex-ML players in their squad should make the transition from the Premier A to the top table a little easier however this does'nt appear to be the case. Well done to Fahy Rovers on their return solid start.

Thunderblaster
01/05/2012, 5:08 PM
Great win for the Galactico's; the second goal (penalty) is up on YouTube. JP is doing pretty well, which is not surprising. Jamie Fallon will be a great addition when he comes in June, and that will add serious competition to the striking department. As for S&F Utd, is the camp there harmonious? Are everyone pulling in the right direction? Celtic seems pretty blunt without Ronan O'Boyle. Iorras look to be struggling alongside Manulla. Solid start for Fahy.

HuggieBear
02/06/2012, 9:40 PM
can any1 stop westport at the moment??...they seem to have a very strong squad this year

Sheep Farmer
04/06/2012, 9:47 PM
can any1 stop westport at the moment??...they seem to have a very strong squad this year
Saw them play Claremorris away the weekend, looked very strong, players back from college and other domestic teams ! the players that came from the bench were strong and still had other strong selections remaining. As one super league manager said over the weekend "The league is over, it's westport's to lose ?

Thunderblaster
03/07/2012, 7:15 PM
Have to say that Westport got 100% in the first seven games and J.P is certainly being a great addition, scoring in every game. League won already?? No ways, there is still enough room for error. Remember this, if Celtic win their game in hand, the gap is back to seven. If Westport lose away to Iorras and Ballina, which can happen, gap could potentially be back down to one point and if Celtic then beat Westport, Celtic are in front. The "league is over" comment can be dismissed as no more than mind games.

Back n the game
08/07/2012, 10:12 AM
Why was Celtic game Abandoned last night ???

CCFC
08/07/2012, 12:32 PM
Why was Celtic game Abandoned last night ???

Manulla player suffered a serious injury. Required an ambulance. Thats what I heard anyways

HuggieBear
20/07/2012, 4:51 PM
fair play to ger o'boyle on been called up to the irish junior team. looks like westport will finally bring the super league back to where it belongs. what a few months for them. by the end of sep they cud have won 4 cups in 5months if they keep up the work :) :)

HuggieBear
18/08/2012, 8:37 PM
westport back at the top,super league champs :) hopefully do the second part of the trible 2marrow..best of luck boys