PDA

View Full Version : Bray Wanderers AGM

Albatross
31/03/2012, 1:43 PM
Bray Wanderers Limited hold their AGM this Thursday 5th April, is it time for the supporters to have a representative on the Board?

Bray Head
02/04/2012, 6:09 PM
Think they had a representative on the board years ago. Unless they have voting rights there's no point and I can't see the Directors allowing it.

Albatross
03/04/2012, 12:43 PM
Think they had a representative on the board years ago. Unless they have voting rights there's no point and I can't see the Directors allowing it.

Thanks "Bray Head", its interesting that considering I think its a very important issue you are the only person who chose to reply. Do the people of Bray really care or is it that they see the club as a "closed shop" and that the few will always run it as they like.

I would consider allowing a member of the supporters club be my proxy at the AGM if they were interested.

KK77
04/04/2012, 10:38 AM
Thanks "Bray Head", its interesting that considering I think its a very important issue you are the only person who chose to reply. Do the people of Bray really care or is it that they see the club as a "closed shop" and that the few will always run it as they like.

I would consider allowing a member of the supporters club be my proxy at the AGM if they were interested.

I would say it's a closed shop/clique myself and has been that way since i can remember. I would like you like to see a supporter allowed on the board and not a clique supporter.

Albatross
04/04/2012, 9:57 PM
I would say it's a closed shop/clique myself and has been that way since i can remember. I would like you like to see a supporter allowed on the board and not a clique supporter.

You are probably right, you would need to get past the "tin pot" generals with the oversized ego's. Would anyone want the grief. Bray will always be the same until new blood takes over the club, the same old and tired faces have been around for 10,15 even 20 years. The club needs to be inclusive and not exclusive.

Mr A
05/04/2012, 11:43 AM
I wonder how many people appreciate the sheer level of effort that keeping an LOI team going actually requires. You may not like the people who have run your club- but the very fact that it's still going, and without the level of drama at other clubs, means they've done better than a lot of other boards.

I'm all for boards being open and transparent, but I can understand why people who've kept the show on the road would be nervous about bringing in people who're more likely to criticise what they do rather than help them out.

Seagull
05/04/2012, 3:41 PM
You are probably right, you would need to get past the "tin pot" generals with the oversized ego's. Would anyone want the grief. Bray will always be the same until new blood takes over the club, the same old and tired faces have been around for 10,15 even 20 years. The club needs to be inclusive and not exclusive.
Oh God, not this again...

Albatross
05/04/2012, 7:04 PM
Oh God, not this again...

Yes this again, 5 Director resignations from the board in less than 12 months, begs the question WHY?