PDA

View Full Version : SDG

outspoken
29/03/2012, 3:34 PM
Salthill away tomorrow hopefully this wonderful weather keeps up and our winning streak too. Great to hear there's a full crew heading from Longford!

L.T.F.C.
29/03/2012, 5:07 PM
Full bus going?

Martinho II
29/03/2012, 6:55 PM
I am not on the bus but I know one of the lads our side whos goin on the bus said to me that there was a lot of interest in booking on the bus at half time last weekend,, fingers crossed match will go ok for us.

outspoken
30/03/2012, 9:36 AM
Ye as far as I know its full maybe a few spare seats but Martinho is right interest was fantastic this time round there was bookings made weeks ago for it great to see.

outspoken
30/03/2012, 9:37 AM
Also just to mention in terms of team news Keith Gillespie has had his red card overturned and is free to play tonight. Aussie Skelly 99% certain not to play tonight by the sounds of it but should be ok for next week while Craig Walsh and Jeff Flood remain sidelined.

L.T.F.C.
30/03/2012, 9:14 PM
**** sake. 100% record gone. Was fully expecting a win from, but it can't go your own way all the time. Would have thought we had plenty to beat them. From what I hear, stupid penalty. And far too many bloody fouls from us. Ridiculous!

outspoken
31/03/2012, 10:59 AM
The referee was worse than the pitch last night and that was very hard done. It was the same story as recent weeks last night we started the first 20 fantastically well and went 1-0 up through haverty (good to see the centre halfs scoring so many) but then we just took the foot off the gas and sat back and we paid dearly for it. Salthill starting playing and hit the post and seconds later hylo saved it right on the line but we didn't take our warning shot as we continued to stand off and let them play.

The penalty was a joke the lino signelled for a free out to us as did the referee then the SD players started roaring at the ref so he went over to chat to the lino next thing he had changed a free out to a spot kick which was converted very well with Hylo being sent the wrong way.

After that is was a case of blatent time wasting, synical fouls and the worst refereing in the history of LOI seriously I don't know how these officials get away with it.

We only created one chance to win it when Bermo slid in duffy who hit it with no conviction at all and apart from a few long throws from Crawley and the odd corner that was it really.

Really disappointing result I had that down as 3 points easy as did every other town fan. We can blame the ref and the pitch and yes they played a part but we simply weren't good enough last night and I just hope it was one of those nights and it's now out of our system especially ahead of next week and with this busy period coming up.

Great to see so many town fans up last night we totally outnumbered their 1 or 2 fans (: just a shame we weren't all in together I thought because there was enough to get a serious atmosphere going but anyway Limerick away next up and I will take a point gladly

#wearetopoftheleague.

Martinho II
31/03/2012, 5:47 PM
Thanks to Salthill and their bloody segregation no wonder the town fans were so scattered! it was a poor game. kirbs wasnt great last nite. it was only when gillespie,duffy and aussie came on that we played better.. we simply dropped off the gas once we scored early but as outspoken said the officials were a joke but I do think that Salthill were fair game for a draw..

geezer
31/03/2012, 7:24 PM
Thanks to Salthill and their bloody segregation no wonder the town fans were so scattered! it was a poor game. kirbs wasnt great last nite. it was only when gillespie,duffy and aussie came on that we played better.. we simply dropped off the gas once we scored early but as outspoken said the officials were a joke but I do think that Salthill were fair game for a draw..

how many longford Town fans visited Salthill Devon game last night roughly

Cabs88
01/04/2012, 6:34 PM
'segregation' wasnt an issue at all, the barriers were probably up there from a previous game they were needed, a few of us moved up the stand to get a better view, and nothing was said. As regards the game, as bad as the pitch and the ref were (and they were awful) we werent much better. We havnt been able to kill off teams this year, and our luck ran out on friday. We barely troubled their keeper and i thought cousins changes didnt work at all (pushing kirby wide left, having ozzie and bermo on the flanks before duffy came on). I do think on paper 4-3-3 could work with the players we have but we need to work on positioning when the other team have the ball, can be terrible at times. Pity our run came to an end, against a poor side, but if we can take 4 points from our next two games, i think any town fan would be delighted to be unbeaten and with 17 points after the first series of games. .